ADVERTISEMENT

I’m conservative and could care less if confederate statues/flags remain

pl4au

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2012
Mobile
I think that political bickering is semi-idiotic, and I stupidly interact in this bickering at times. No one through argument changes another’s mind. So why should you care how I vote or vice versa? Why do some think they should have the liberty to tell others how to live their lives, unless it comes to infringing on rights or property?

The bottom line should be to live peacefully and make sure people have equal opportunity for success, where hard work matters.

Beyond that it’s just a noise industry where agendas drive narratives. In other words non-fruitful bickering.

Politics were never meant to define relationships. We were meant to look out for one another, or to love others. Love can conquer many divisions.

o-DIARY-facebook.jpg

I think that political bickering is semi-idiotic, and I stupidly interact in this bickering at times. No one through argument changes another’s mind. So why should you care how I vote or vice versa? Why do some think they should have the liberty to tell others how to live their lives, unless it comes to infringing on rights or property?

The bottom line should be to live peacefully and make sure people have equal opportunity for success, where hard work matters.

Beyond that it’s just a noise industry where agendas drive narratives. In other words non-fruitful bickering.

Politics were never meant to define relationships. We were meant to look out for one another, or to love others. Love can conquer many divisions.
Politics is worthless, policy is important. The damage some large scale policies have, see NCLB, cause unbelievable amounts of damage to the ones they are trying to protect. So what policies we come up with is important debate, silly politicians or party is just waste of time.

Well you should care. ANY elimination of history is a tragedy. The problem is, once they get that, they will move on to the next thing. The PC police is a scary thing. Brings 1984 to life, by altering or eliminating history. The Confederacy happened. Don't eliminate it. "LEARN" from it.

DO NOT DESTROY HISTORY.

Well you should care. ANY elimination of history is a tragedy. The problem is, once they get that, they will move on to the next thing. The PC police is a scary thing. Brings 1984 to life, by altering or eliminating history. The Confederacy happened. Don't eliminate it. "LEARN" from it.

DO NOT DESTROY HISTORY.
Oh my...

2pdiepX.gif

DO NOT DESTROY HISTORY.

Taking down statues isn’t erasing history. It’s taking down symbols that glorify it.

DO NOT DESTROY HISTORY.
I get a lot of poop because I am a math guy, numbers. Love history to death but I don't give a toot what happened yesterday, out of my control.

I focus on getting them better today and tomorrow. If tearing down every statue in the country, and monuments are included, makes my kids have a better chance at success, tear em down. If not, I just don't worry about them.

Reactions: Thrill
Taking down statues isn’t erasing history. It’s taking down symbols that glorify it.
While this is true, at least on the surface...where does this slippery slope end? The founders of our country owned slaves, should we just remove all monuments/buildings with their name on the them too? How far down the historical path do we go until it's acceptable to keep/remember our nation's past?

The statue doesn't "glorify" history. It remembers it. Huge diff that you woke people wouldn't understand.
Should the Germans eliminate all memorials to the Holocaust, cause they don't like it? Erase it from memory? Hell no.

Once you start changing/eliminating history, there is no end to what will be changed.

There is not one person alive today that should be "offended" about what happened 140 years ago.

DO NOT DESTROY HISTORY.
Aren't most of these statues just being moved to private property or museums? It's not like the Civil War isn't still being taught in schools.

Reactions: DM8
While this is true, at least on the surface...where does this slippery slope end? The founders of our country owned slaves, should we just remove all monuments/buildings with their name on the them too? How far down the historical path do we go until it's acceptable to keep/remember our nation's past?

The burning of books that supposedly offend is coming next. You can see it heading that way.

The statue doesn't "glorify" history. It remembers it. Huge diff that you woke people wouldn't understand.
Should the Germans eliminate all memorials to the Holocaust, cause they don't like it? Erase it from memory? Hell no.
No, but there shouldn't be statues of Rommel in their parks either.

Reactions: DM8
No, but there shouldn't be statues of Rommel in their parks either.
Why not? He was a highly skilled General. He didn't commit genocide or atrocities. In fact he was killed by Hitler. This is exactly what I was talking about. Learn your history. American soldiers did all kinds of things. It's WAR. You do what you have to do to win.

So we should not glorify any of our history? Even the nearly countless good people and things we have done?

The dirty little secret is that progressives have been revising and outright rewriting our history for over 100 years. Thus we have generations that think America is the bad guy in the world and needs to continue to pay for its past even though we as a nation have corrected a lot of the wrongs throughout our history. It's part of their agenda, even M. Obama said as much back in 2009, "we are going to have to change our conversation; we're going to have to change our traditions, our history." Even Charles Barkley has said he doesn't see the point in taking down statues and monuments. But even now we've got some lefty California "history" professor at Auburn stirring the pot to rename buildings, many named over 100 years ago. Not a single one of those purely symbolic gestures instigated by the woke cancel culture social media mob is going to solve anything.

In "your" opinion. Your opinion doesn't matter any more than anyone else's. I guess you think the civil war was just slavery too. SMDH.
Well yeah, that's my opinion, and the opinion of anybody with a functioning brain. How else would you describe an army that fought against our country, other than as an enemy?

Please explain to my “dumb ass” how you can “eliminate” actual events that occurred?

To quote something I read here, Just Damn....
You can't eliminate history, but you can recreate it or completely eliminate the teaching of it altogether.which is exactly where the end game of the woke crowd will be.

"Those Who Do Not Learn History Are Doomed To Repeat It."

Please explain to my “dumb ass” how you can “eliminate” actual events that occurred?

To quote something I read here, Just Damn....
What? It's very easy. If the "woke" police eliminate statues, then eliminate teaching about the Confederacy in schools, in less then one generation it's gone forever. Is that really hard to understand?

What if the PC woke police, after 10 years of eliminating anything that offends them, decides the Bible is offensive? Bible talks about slaves being subservient. Gotta get rid of it. It will NEVER end. Really surprised, based on your posting history, you don't have a huge issue with this.

Is cancel culture going to remove Obama from the history books as well for giving the eulogy for a former Klansman while serving as President? Or are we just picking and choosing where to condemn “systemic racism”?
Obama learned his trade from American terrorist Bill Ayers

You can't eliminate history, but you can recreate it or completely eliminate the teaching of it altogether.which is exactly where the end game of the woke crowd will be.
My “dumb ass” is still waiting for an answer to the question but thanks for trying.

Reactions: Tiger Jams
Why not? He was a highly skilled General. He didn't commit genocide or atrocities. In fact he was killed by Hitler. This is exactly what I was talking about. Learn your history. American soldiers did all kinds of things. It's WAR. You do what you have to do to win.
Because he fought for an evil regime. It doesn't matter how skilled he was as a general, or how nice of a person he was. He chose to fight for evil, and that should not be celebrated. The Confederacy is exactly the same. They were a bunch of assholes that fought to keep people enslaved. That should not be forgotten, but it sure as hell shouldn't be celebrated.

DO NOT DESTROY HISTORY.

You okay with Germans flying Nazi flags at soccer matches?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT