ADVERTISEMENT

Huntsville PD says they tear gassed a peaceful crowd as a "precaution"...

HPD statement below says the protest was peaceful, but the crowd became "a little hostile" and they used gas as a precaution as they didn't want to "roll the dice on the protesters becoming violent." Birmingham's Bull Connor would have loved that justification for deploying tear gas, fire hoses or dogs.

This is exactly the kind of action that will continue to cause the protests to grow. Using chemical agents on people who are peacefully protesting police violence is the worst thing any department could be doing right now. The people this guy was spraying weren't even protesting, they were just milling around with some of them sitting on a bench talking and not paying attention as he walks up to spray them. This officer should be fired.

Then to make matters worse, they tear gassed a peaceful crowd that included children and then the officers in gas masks prevented the crowd and media from fleeing the gas. This was not a riot. It was a peaceful assembly of people exercising their 1st amendment rights. Huntsville needs to fire their police chief.

What has the greatest city in the south (Huntsville) done to Mr. Foster?

Absolutely nothing, so why are they protesting here.

Take your manufacturer outrage to the places (MN & GA) were the crime was committed and leave the rest of peaceful America along.

Enough is enough!

HPD statement below says the protest was peaceful, but the crowd became "a little hostile" and they used gas as a precaution as they didn't want to "roll the dice on the protesters becoming violent." Birmingham's Bull Connor would have loved that justification for deploying tear gas, fire hoses or dogs.

This is exactly the kind of action that will continue to cause the protests to grow. Using chemical agents on people who are peacefully protesting police violence is the worst thing any department could be doing right now. The people this guy was spraying weren't even protesting, they were just milling around with some of them sitting on a bench talking and not paying attention as he walks up to spray them. This officer should be fired.

Then to make matters worse, they tear gassed a peaceful crowd that included children and then the officers in gas masks prevented the crowd and media from fleeing the gas. This was not a riot. It was a peaceful assembly of people exercising their 1st amendment rights. Huntsville needs to fire their police chief.

They were instructed to leave.

Obey the law, problem solved.

What has Huntsville done to deserve this unwanted attention?

You along with many others ITT are completely ignorant of this subject. You should read Dr. King's letter from the Birmingham Jail. In it, he writes to the white clergy of Birmingham to ask why they support Bull Connor's attacks on civil right's protesters. If he had been there, Dr. King would have been standing alongside the protesters who were gassed last night in Huntsville because he was a huge advocated of nonviolent civil disobedience. Were he alive today, there is no doubt he would have considered those gassed last night to be among the heroes he mentions here...

From his letter:

You warmly commended the Birmingham police force for keeping "order" and "preventing violence." I doubt that you would have so warmly commended the police force if you had seen its dogs sinking their teeth into unarmed, nonviolent Negroes. I doubt that you would so quickly commend the policemen if you were to observe their ugly and inhumane treatment of Negroes here in the city jail; if you were to watch them push and curse old Negro women and young Negro girls; if you were to see them slap and kick old Negro men and young boys; if you were to observe them, as they did on two occasions, refuse to give us food because we wanted to sing our grace together. I cannot join you in your praise of the Birmingham police department.

It is true that the police have exercised a degree of discipline in handling the demonstrators. In this sense they have conducted themselves rather "nonviolently" in public. But for what purpose? To preserve the evil system of segregation. Over the past few years I have consistently preached that nonviolence demands that the means we use must be as pure as the ends we seek. I have tried to make clear that it is wrong to use immoral means to attain moral ends. But now I must affirm that it is just as wrong, or perhaps even more so, to use moral means to preserve immoral ends. Perhaps Mr. Connor and his policemen have been rather nonviolent in public, as was Chief Pritchett in Albany, Georgia, but they have used the moral means of nonviolence to maintain the immoral end of racial injustice. As T. S. Eliot has said: "The last temptation is the greatest treason: To do the right deed for the wrong reason."

I wish you had commended the Negro sit inners and demonstrators of Birmingham for their sublime courage, their willingness to suffer and their amazing discipline in the midst of great provocation. One day the South will recognize its real heroes. They will be the James Merediths, with the noble sense of purpose that enables them to face jeering and hostile mobs, and with the agonizing loneliness that characterizes the life of the pioneer. They will be old, oppressed, battered Negro women, symbolized in a seventy two year old woman in Montgomery, Alabama, who rose up with a sense of dignity and with her people decided not to ride segregated buses, and who responded with ungrammatical profundity to one who inquired about her weariness: "My feets is tired, but my soul is at rest." They will be the young high school and college students, the young ministers of the gospel and a host of their elders, courageously and nonviolently sitting in at lunch counters and willingly going to jail for conscience' sake. One day the South will know that when these disinherited children of God sat down at lunch counters, they were in reality standing up for what is best in the American dream and for the most sacred values in our Judaeo Christian heritage, thereby bringing our nation back to those great wells of democracy which were dug deep by the founding fathers in their formulation of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.

Huntsville will not burn or be looted because the cops and citizens are not putting up with that BS. Like it or not, it’s not happening.
Protest during the legal time frame and then go home. Or don’t and get gassed. Your choice. If the other cities would have done the same as Huntsville the fires and looting would not have happened. But their leaders were not smart about it and it cost them millions and lives. Facts

A bus load of agitators went to Missoula Montana yesterday and didn’t get off the bus. The citizens were gathered with their guns ready to meet whatever they wanted to dish out. The agitators stayed at a hotel there and the citizens are going back out tonight. I love rural America.

Huntsville will not burn or be looted because the cops and citizens are not putting up with that BS. Like it or not, it’s not happening.
Protest during the legal time frame and then go home. Or don’t and get gassed. Your choice. If the other cities would have done the same as Huntsville the fires and looting would not have happened. But their leaders were not smart about it and it cost them millions and lives. Facts
This is nearly word for word from one of Bull Connor's famous quotes. It must be a nice feeling to share the exact thought process of such a prominent historical figure. Congrats!

"As I have said on numerous occasions, we are not going to stand for this in Birmingham. And if necessary we will fill the jail full and we don't care whose toes we step on. I am saying now to these meddlers from out of our city the best thing for them to do is stay out if they don't want to get slapped in jail. Our people of Birmingham are a peaceful people and we never have any trouble here unless some people come into our city looking for trouble. And I've never seen anyone yet look for trouble who wasn't able to find it”

Reactions: auburnra and mkp_81
So what about the FBI telling people the same?

Edited to add, they were telling peole that agitators were coming, not people of color.

I have two co-workers who are dating/married to Huntsville Policeman, one wife was crying Wed. morning because Huntsville was warned by B'ham thugs that HSV, was going to destroyed.

Both policemans were suppose to be off last night, but had to leave their families to protect the protestors.

Once the police told the crowd to leave, the remaining crowd wouldn't obey orders and begin throwing objects at cops.

Thus HPD told actions. We are not going to let outside thugs destroy our lovely city.

DM8 no support for Chief Horn murdered by rioters.

No BLM protest for him.

Manufactured outrage by thugs.
oSm3eg9aUAE4.jpg

I have two co-workers who are dating/married to Huntsville Policeman, one wife was crying Wed. morning because Huntsville was warned by B'ham thugs that HSV, was going to destroyed.

Both policemans were suppose to be off last night, but had to leave their families to protect the protestors.

Once the police told the crowd to leave, the remaining crowd wouldn't obey orders and begin throwing objects at cops.

Thus HPD told actions. We are not going to let outside thugs destroy our lovely city.

Wait, wut? This is the first I have heard of them throwing objects. Link? Not one poster said that. Nothing on the video. Did you not get your talking points on the same page?

Wait, wut? This is the first I have heard of them throwing objects. Link? Not one poster said that. Nothing on the video. Did you not get your talking points on the same page?

the first video I watched of the troopers rolling in some young kid (black, not that it matters) chunked a water bottle and nailed the Tahoe square in the window before they even parked. BUT, that’s the only thing I saw really. Not sure if it was AL.com or local news.

Reactions: audeuce02
the first video I watched of the troopers rolling in some young kid (black, not that it matters) chunked a water bottle and nailed the Tahoe square in the window before they even parked. BUT, that’s the only thing I saw really. Not sure if it was AL.com or local news.

Oh, you mean after they starting attacking the crowd and made the decision in tear gas and rubber bullets. That’s not what was said above by tygbro. 11 pages and somebody finally says it was due to protesters throwing shit.

I've got firsthand accounts of friends who were lazily peppered sprayed by that officer. I even confirmed with one person that this video was the same officer.

I also have first hand accounts of protestors throwing objects at police.

It's not rocket science to state that BOTH parties are wrong - to an extent.

Secondly, SEVERAL members of the community were told by the FBI (whom has a massive presence here) and HPD that agitators are in town from out of town.

@Stumpfan

Reactions: 94WDE
Oh, you mean after they starting attacking the crowd and made the decision in tear gas and rubber bullets. That’s not what was said above by tygbro. 11 pages and somebody finally says it was due to protesters throwing shit.

Literally page 1...police chief's statement linked by dm8...says protestors were throwing things. Dm8 refuses to believe that bc...whatever. apparently everyone who has view other than his lies. So...here we are 11 pages later going on about bull Connor incessantly.

no that’s not what I mean at all, actually.

Have you watched the footage? The troopers rolled in well before the gas as another yet another attempt to disperse everyone without violence.

Then why didn’t HPD say this? Where is the video? I’m not taking about an empty water bottle. Did any police get hurt? As far as this thread, most here think it’s ok to do what they did even if the protesters just sat down and shut up. Pathetic.

Literally page 1...police chief's statement linked by dm8...says protestors were throwing things. Dm8 refuses to believe that bc...whatever. apparently everyone who has view other than his lies. So...here we are 11 pages later going on about bull Connor incessantly.

Any injuries? Any video? In 2020?

Then why didn’t HPD say this? Where is the video? I’m not taking about an empty water bottle. Did any police get hurt? As far as this thread, most here think it’s ok to do what they did even if the protesters just sat down and shut up. Pathetic.

See @ricedp105 link to the Sherrif, Madison PD, and HPD's joint press conference.

See @ricedp105 link to the Sherrif, Madison PD, and HPD's joint press conference.

See above. In 2020, somebody has to have video of this. If it was that serious then this wouldn’t be controversial. Any cop injured? Empty plastic water bottles? I would think there would be one injury or one video of them throwing shit before they went after them.

Huntsville PD already released a statement saying the protest was peaceful but they gassed the protesters as a precaution. Maybe INFOWARS has an expert who could break it down for us and point out the ANTIFAs.
Lol... you still hunkered down in your closet with fooking fauci.

e
arly in this video isn’t that just smoke bombs and flash bangs or whatever? It may be tear gas I’m legit just asking.
Some peaceful protesting of public bikes at 1:22-ish btw. Let’s F some stuff up on our way out lol.

*edit I guess it was tear gas. AL dot com wouldn’t lie to me

Last edited:
This is nearly word for word from one of Bull Connor's famous quotes. It must be a nice feeling to share the exact thought process of such a prominent historical figure. Congrats!

"As I have said on numerous occasions, we are not going to stand for this in Birmingham. And if necessary we will fill the jail full and we don't care whose toes we step on. I am saying now to these meddlers from out of our city the best thing for them to do is stay out if they don't want to get slapped in jail. Our people of Birmingham are a peaceful people and we never have any trouble here unless some people come into our city looking for trouble. And I've never seen anyone yet look for trouble who wasn't

Abide by the law. If you want to be a criminal just accept the consequences and quit whining about it.

See above. In 2020, somebody has to have video of this. If it was that serious then this wouldn’t be controversial. Any cop injured? Empty plastic water bottles? I would think there would be one injury or one video of them throwing shit before they went after them.

When ALEA rounded the corner to the courthouse, they were pelted by several objects. Another man tried to throw a makeshift grenade and burned his hand. I don't have the Zapruder Film you desire, just eye witness accounts. Sorry. I stated the same story on page 1 and will stick to it.

As I said before, I am honestly shocked how many Bull Connor supporters there are on this board. I honestly never would have imagined this.
So, it sounds like ultimately you have a problem that is systemic in methodologies on how to disperse a large crowds in which is commonly used across the nation by various police forces in which they are allowed by law to use to defuse a situation that may or may not escalate (this is always a judgement call).

It would seem, that you would want to change the training and/or ability for cops to even have them.

The reality of this thread is you don't like people being "riot gassed" who are breaking the law and there are people who don't care if people get "riot gasses" who are breaking the law.

I don't think anything anyone says in this thread is going change the fact for you or them.

So, it sounds like ultimately you have a problem that is systemic in methodologies on how to disperse a large crowds in which is commonly used across the nation by various police forces in which they are allowed by law to use to defuse a situation that may or may not escalate (this is always a judgement call).

It would seem, that you would want to change the training and/or ability for cops to even have them.

The reality of this thread is you don't like people being "riot gassed" who are breaking the law and there are people who don't care if people get "riot gasses" who are breaking the law.

I don't think anything anyone says in this thread is going change the fact for you or them.
The guy's aim is no policing, period, it's obvious by now. He probably has never even been to Huntsville to latched on to this to attempt to prove a false narrative.

Last edited:
Reactions: 94WDE
No one did that the first night either, you moron. There are dozens of videos and none show any protesters engaging in violence.

First of all, the first night was Monday.

Yes, they did. Sorry that doesn't fit your narrative. Why were protestors treated for burns on their hands?

Name-calling isn't polite.

Reactions: mkp_81
First of all, the first night was Monday.

Yes, they did. Sorry that doesn't fit your narrative. Why were protestors treated for burns on their hands?

Name-calling isn't polite.
Rice is a moron so it's an appropriate designation for him. The fact you are on his side of an issue should give you pause as he is literally never right about anything.

The video I posted from the news station shows 8 minutes before the police opened fire and there was zero violence on the part of the protesters. Where are all the videos of protesters being violent? Hundreds of people were filming. Why do none of the videos back up your narrative/lies? Video above shows the whole crowd as they were attacked by the police and not a single instance of violence on their part. Video below shows the entire attack by the police from an even better angle. Not a single protester engaging in any violence.

What happened in Huntsville is no different than when gas, dogs and fire hoses were used on peaceful protesters in Birmingham in the 1960s. The people supporting what happened should just admit they have no problem with gas and rubber bullets being fired on peaceful protesters. It's very disappointing we have so many people who still have such a backward mindset in our country.

Last edited:
Rice is a moron so it's an appropriate designation for him. The fact you are on his side of an issue should give you pause as he is literally never right about anything.

The video I posted from the news station shows 8 minutes before the police opened fire and there was zero violence on the part of the protesters. Where are all the videos of protesters being violent? Hundreds of people were filming. Why do none of the videos back up your narrative/lies? Video above shows the whole crowd as they were attacked by the police and not a single instance of violence on their part. Video below shows the entire attack by the police from an even better angle. Not a single protester engaging in any violence.

What happened in Huntsville is no different than when gas, dogs and fire hoses were used on peaceful protesters in Birmingham in the 1960s. The people supporting what happened should just admit they have no problem with gas and rubber bullets being fired on peaceful protesters. It's very disappointing we have so many people who still have such a backward mindset in our country.

A moron is a stupid person who ignores facts. I'm relying on facts as they are presented to me. Sorry my facts are supported more than video clips that might not show the whole situation.

It's not a lie when I was shown proof of my accusations. Especially when they come from indpendent sources: attendees of the protest and officials in LEA. At first it was a few people telling me followed by being shown indisputable proof. I've stated several times ITT I disagree with the police's actions when violence isn't wasn't present. There were a people in the crowd who did some very bad things. Perhaps the police overacted. I think they backed off last night, but you continue to ignore that fact. Bull Connor couldn't of done what happened in HSV last night and you know it.

I'll clearly state again, peaceful, non-violent protestors should NEVER receive tear gas and rubber bullets.

Last edited:
A moron is a stupid person who ignores facts. I'm relying on facts as they are presented to me. Sorry my facts are supported more than video clips that might not show the whole situation.

It's not a lie when I was shown proof of my accusations. Especially when they come from indpendent sources: attendees of the protest and officials in LEA. At first it was a few people telling me followed by being shown indisputable proof. I've stated several times ITT I disagree with the police's actions when violence isn't wasn't present. There were a people in the crowd who did some very bad things. Perhaps the police overacted. I think they backed off last night, but you continue to ignore that fact. Bull Connor couldn't of done what happened in HSV last night and you know it.

I'll clearly state again, peaceful, non-violent protestors should NEVER receive tear gas and rubber bullets.

Lol at facts. Do you have video or something? No, I didn’t think so.

Lol at facts. Do you have video or something? No, I didn’t think so.

In today's tiktok generation, all that matters is videos. I get it, your attention span can only hold so much.

If you insist, I was shown sustainable evidence. Unortunately, my sources didn't allow me to save and distribute the evidence to appease @Stumpfan

Time is up? The Michigan capital protesters had no permit. They were all armed and screaming at police officers. Thank you for making it clear you are the type of hypocrite who thinks civil rights protesters chanting "hands up, don't shoot" should be gassed and shot with rubber bullets while this dude is a patriot exercising his sacred right to free speech.

4000.jpg
https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/07/17/dozens-of-blm-and-antifa-full-on-attack-police-in-chicago-police-reinforcements-make-them-regret-it/
[URL]https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/07/17/watch_chicago_police_attacked_by_protesters_with_bottles_and_fireworks_at_columbus_statue.html
[/URL]

ADVERTISEMENT