ADVERTISEMENT

Huntsville PD says they tear gassed a peaceful crowd as a "precaution"...

It's amazing that every discussion on this board turns into two sides on either extreme with seemingly no one accepting the possibility that there is probably some degree of fault going both ways. The more interesting discussion would be at what point is tear gas and pepper spray appropriate.
Nope all one way. Got family in that area and own some land up that way. So the protesters were wrong for not dodging the bullets and the police were wrong for not giving out lollipops. See all one way, everyone is wrong for not being at the lake.

Did you start the thread admitting how wrong you were yet about COVID being magnitudes less deadly than the seasonly flu? I haven't scanned the whole board yet so I do hope I didn't miss that. Will you please make sure to tag me when you that thread goes up?
99.95% survival rate under age 50. Keep living in fear pussycat.

Reactions: Korn6 and thesugar6
7:11pm - Police on loudspeakers telling the crowd to “clear the area” at Huntsville protest. Crowd appears more calm than at Monday’s protest.

7:13pm - Protesters have been told it’s over. @whnt
7:13pm - Protesters have parted. Police say they have four minutes to clear out.

7:14pm - People not leaving, standing on sidewalk. @whnt

7:16pm - Command repeated. ‘Clear the area. ‘ Not much movement. Response

7:18pm - Protesters have one minute to disperse @whnt

7:19pm - Cops put on MASK

7:20pm - Police putting on gas masks as they ask crowd to disperse at Huntsville protest.

7:33pm - Both groups waiting on each other to flinch (notice no gas yet after 20+ mins of being asked to disperse)

7:40pm - We are peaceful chant going on

7:43pm - Audio dispersement sounded off

7:43pm - Monday and police deployed tear gas. ⁦@leeroop⁩ is watching the scene on the square. Police sounding siren to disperse again. About 10 minutes from where tear gas deployed Monday.

7:44pm - Police in Huntsville just set off the loud whistle. Monday night, that was the first signal of gas to come.

7:46pm - Holding pattern right now. Protesters do not want to disperse. HPD has said they do not want protesters out as the sun sets.

7:55pm - Smoke deployed

7:55pm - Two loud bangs

7:55pm - Crowd now fleeing into Big Soring Park. Hearing pops from courthouse square and lots of sirens.

8:00pm - State trooper cars pouring into Madison County Courthouse Square. Gas fired. Still a large crowd here. It’s not over yet.

8:04pm - Several shots (gas and rubber bullets) and mace deployed

8:06pm - Chaotic scene crowd all of us driven out. Smoke pepper spray police ALEA cars. Basically concerted push. Smoke pretty acrid. @whnt

8:08pm - Police armed in riot gear marching up Fountain Row toward courthouse square in Huntsville.

8:11pm - Serious deployment of tear gas, rubber bullets etc. bad time for this reporter. Video forthcoming.

8:19pm - Crowd seems to be dispersed. An odd quiet has settled. A car alarm blares. Cops coughing. Sirens in the distance. Jesus Christ.
Did we not have anyone on the police force have their mickey mouse watch wound up before telling to leave in five minutes. Sad.

I get that you aren’t very smart and you are very very very blinded by your political views but How many times do I have to show you. You state things like they are quotes when they are not. The media dang sure twists things to make them sound like they want to. In your op, there was not one single quote from HPD saying they used tear gas, it was all implied by the person who wrote that. I never argued that they didn’t use it, I argued that it wasn’t quoted like you said. Quit making stuff up.
This is a direct quote from Huntsville's police chief saying they used tear gas. No one in the media is twisting anything. Nothing was implied by the media. The police chief says they used tear gas. Full stop.

In the same statement, McMurray said, "Only at the very end of the evening, after the event stretched well past four hours, a small group of protestors remained and began threatening officers and public property. After repeatedly warnings, we were able to safely disperse the crowd using smoke first and then tear gas, a non-lethal chemical agent.”

Now, are you lying or actually so stupid that you can't comprehend the quote posted above?

So you also don’t understand the 3 branches of government and that police don’t make laws they enforce them..cool, good to know
What on earth does that have to do with anything? In my response to your nutty straw man, obviously I am referring to legislation to address the issue. Take some deep breaths and see if you can put together something remotely coherent.

99.95% survival rate under age 50. Keep living in fear pussycat.
110k+ Americans have died from the virus you guaranteed would be drastically less deadly than the seasonal flu. Please let us know when you are ready to make your statement of contrition admitting how embarrassed you are for pushing such a recklessly false narrative.

So you also don’t understand the 3 branches of government and that police don’t make laws they enforce them..cool, good to know

Leave it to rice to come in with a point that’s completely unrelated to the argument. Lol

Reactions: DM8
According to the reports their permit expired and the cops waited an hour to gas them. I wouldn't have waited that long, if you're still blocking a city street an hour after you have a legal right to be there then you deserve a chest full of gas.
I think you are wasting your time. He believes peaceful protesting means you can go where ever you want and it is okay? The police officers are supposed to just let you stay as long as you want. Now if it was corona virus related they could use lethal force. So this is not about racial injustice, just that protests with race in the title are automatically beyond reproach.

110k+ Americans have died from the virus you guaranteed would be drastically less deadly than the seasonal flu. Please let us know when you are ready to make your statement of contrition admitting how embarrassed you are for pushing such a recklessly false narrative.
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Contrition for seeing through your fear mongering bullshit. Nah brAU, I'm good with everything I've said.

Reactions: ricedp105
Leave it to rice to come in with a point that’s completely unrelated to the argument. Lol
Indeed. Classic rice fields display here. I wish I could say I was surprised he was one of the people who admitted he would have supported gassing civil rights protesters in the 1960s who assembled without a permit. Then resorted to a nutty straw man about how anyone who thinks peaceful protesters shouldn't be gassed must be in favor of having no police at all. When that failed miserably, he starts ranting and raving about the 3 branches of government. I am so thankful I always find myself on the opposite side of issues from rice cakes.

What on earth does that have to do with anything? In my response to your nutty straw man, obviously I am referring to legislation to address the issue. Take some deep breaths and see if you can put together something remotely coherent.
So you want all police forces fired due to a legislation issue IYO that is not within their realm of responsibility amazing...

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Contrition for seeing through your fear mongering bullshit. Nah brAU, I'm good with everything I've said.
There we go, double down! How many years has the seasonal flu killed 110k+ Americans?

Why would you not gas them if they refused to leave the middle of the street? It's there choice....they know what they are doing and they know the consequences...

Lol. You people are sick. Tear gas is supposed to be used as a last resort for a crowd being violent or destroying property. I assume since they didn’t use tear gas back in the day that the hosing of protestors was ok too, right?

There we go, double down! How many years has the seasonal flu killed 110k+ Americans?
Don't know, don't care.

All I know is that even IF I catch the virus, my survival rate is practically 100%.

So you want all police forces fired due to a legislation issue IYO that is not within their realm of responsibility amazing...
Stuff+from+papa+franku_f0f935_5713186.jpg

You are making AUM look terrible ITT. This is completely incoherent. Calm down. Try making 1 point at a time. By doing so, you might be able to make enough sense where someone can figure what point you are trying to get across.

Lol. You people are sick. Tear gas is supposed to be used as a last resort for a crowd being violent or destroying property. I assume since they didn’t use tear gas back in the day that the hosing of protestors was ok too, right?
Lol...even Seattle is using tear gas on what you would describe as “peaceful” protestors....be sure to let their liberal leaders know they are now the equivalent of bull connors......always love when you and the little fella are trying to defend a point...

Reactions: bo hog
The same number of years the Covid killed 110,000 people. ZERO. The true Covid deaths, deaths SOLEY caused by the virus, is closer to 50,000. About the same as the flu.

Don't know, don't care.

All I know is that even IF I catch the virus, my survival rate is practically 100%.
Stop flailing around and trying to move the goal posts. That's not what you told the board for months. You guaranteed that COVID was drastically less deadly than the seasonal flu. Now, tell us how many years the seasonal flu killed 110k Americans in 9 weeks. Time to back up all of your nutty lies.

Lol...even Seattle is using tear gas on what you would describe as “peaceful” protestors....be sure to let their liberal leaders know they are now the equivalent of bull connors......always love when you and the little fella are trying to defend a point...

Ok, hose boy. Do you honestly think police in Seattle are liberal? Lol. Every situation is different. You actually said people should be gassed even if the group are peaceful. No doubt in my mind that you look at old film of the hosing of citizens and think what’s the problem? Lol

The same number of years the Covid killed 110,000 people. ZERO. The true Covid deaths, deaths SOLEY caused by the virus, is closer to 50,000. About the same as the flu.

Hahahahahahaha Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Police violence is a problem all over our country. Minneapolis has one of the worst police departments in our country in terms of their criminal use of force so location has nothing to do with it.

You aren't a bad guy, but that's an idiotic argument. Everyone rational should be able to easily agree that gassing peaceful protesters as a "precaution" is beyond the pale. Even if you disagree with the cause being protested, can you understand why these tactics will only lead to thousands more people taking to the streets? Can you see why some of the people who see non-violent protesters being gassed and shot with rubber bullets will think that justifies them engaging in violence? As I have said repeatedly, I don't want that to happen and that's one of the main reasons HPD's police chief should be condemned for doing this.

they had an extra hour of protesting. Huntsville leadership decided to be proactive to not get people killed and a city burnt to the ground. Right or wrong in your eyes, that is what the city leaders decided. I am good with that. The city gets a say in how this is handled. Sometimes real life decisions have to be made despite feelings.

Ok, hose boy. Do you honestly think police in Seattle are liberal? Lol. Every situation is different. You actually said people should be gassed even if the group are peaceful. No doubt in my mind that you look at old film of the hosing of citizens and think what’s the problem? Lol
I posted a picture of civil rights protesters being gassed and dent said he fully supported that. He's already outed himself as still being part of Bull Connor's fan club.

Reactions: Stumpfan
I appreciate you, dent and others ITT being so open about your support for gassing peaceful protesters. I honestly had no idea so many people thought the civil rights protesters in the 1960s got what they deserved by choosing to protest without permits and after being ordered to go home.

Your nonsense is tiring kid. This is 2020, not 1960, and you are just a punk claiming moral superiority and shaming dissenting opinion because its the way you stroke your ego and make yourself feel smart.

You are not better than me. You are not smarter. You are not more or less privileged or put upon by society. You are simpleton with a mouse and keyboard and a shocking lack of discernment.

I made a statement of fact about human beings and the power of choice and you attacked me with your nonsense, and it is nonsense. GFY you race baiting POS.

This is from the Charlottesville rally.....

“After warning the crowd about the impending tear gas deployment, state police released three canisters of CS dispersion powder, a localized chemical irritant more commonly called tear gas. Emily Gorcenski, who witnessed the tear gas and was interviewed for the review, described hearing screams of pain and criticized the use of gas, stating that the crowds were not large enough to warrant its use.”

I will do a search to find @DM8 and @Stumpfan ’s objections to its use...I’m sure they complained about it at the time...

I bet no one else did though...if people are in the streets and will not disperse....give them multiple opportunities and then deploy the gas

they had an extra hour of protesting. Huntsville leadership decided to be proactive to not get people killed and a city burnt to the ground. Right or wrong in your eyes, that is what the city leaders decided. I am good with that. The city gets a say in how this is handled. Sometimes real life decisions have to be made despite feelings.
This is word for word what people would have said in the 1960s to justify the use of gas, fire hoses, and dogs on peaceful demonstrators. It is amazing how many people ITT are resorting to such a terrible argument.

Reactions: Stumpfan
These protesters also didn't have a permit and were ordered to leave. They chose to engage in civil disobedience and sit peacefully in the street. Do you agree with the decision to gas them as well?

tumblr_naa22iyG5a1rih7zxo7_1280.jpg

I don’t agree with using gas and rubber bullets on peaceful protestors. I do agree with maintaining the peace and protecting the citizens and businesses (as well as police officers) downtown. Something has to give and news flash, it’s not going to be the guys with the “tear gas”.

So it goes without saying I firmly believe you do what the cops ask you to do and we wouldn’t even be having these posts today.

I wasn’t there in the 60’s. I was there Monday night, however, and I wanted to choke those little 16-21 year old pricks that refused to move along and insisted on enticing the police to do something.

This is word for word what people would have said in the 1960s to justify the use of gas, fire hoses, and dogs on peaceful demonstrators. It is amazing how many people ITT are resorting to such a terrible argument.

You are good at this trolling thing. LOL.

This is from the Charlottesville rally.....

“After warning the crowd about the impending tear gas deployment, state police released three canisters of CS dispersion powder, a localized chemical irritant more commonly called tear gas. Emily Gorcenski, who witnessed the tear gas and was interviewed for the review, described hearing screams of pain and criticized the use of gas, stating that the crowds were not large enough to warrant its use.”

I will do a search to find @DM8 and @Stumpfan ’s objections to its use...I’m sure they complained about it at the time...

I bet no one else did though...if people are in the streets and will not disperse....give them multiple opportunities and then deploy the gas

Lol. If they were being peaceful then that was wrong too. I don’t remember a thread on that. Link?

I don’t agree with using gas and rubber bullets on peaceful protestors. I do agree with maintaining the peace and protecting the citizens and businesses (as well as police officers) downtown. Something has to give and news flash, it’s not going to be the guys with the “tear gas”.

So it goes without saying I firmly believe you do what the cops ask you to do and we wouldn’t even be having these posts today.

I wasn’t there in the 60’s. I was there Monday night, however, and I wanted to choke those little 16-21 year old pricks that refused to move along and insisted on enticing the police to do something.

Exactly. They let it go one at least another hour. At some point if they didn’t shut it down it was going to come off the rails and they knew that. That is what they were trying to stop.

Reactions: j4au_1 and mkp_81
Police violence is a problem all over our country. Minneapolis has one of the worst police departments in our country in terms of their criminal use of force so location has nothing to do with it.

how do you get them out of the street if there are too many to arrest and they won’t disperse?

So were you for it or not?

Your nonsense is tiring kid. This is 2020, not 1960, and you are just a punk claiming moral superiority and shaming dissenting opinion because its the way you stroke your ego and make yourself feel smart.

You are not better than me. You are not smarter. You are not more or less privileged or put upon by society. You are simpleton with a mouse and keyboard and a shocking lack of discernment.

I made a statement of fact about human beings and the power of choice and you attacked me with your nonsense, and it is nonsense. GFY you race baiting POS.
Your mindset is squarely in the 1960s when many people agreed with you and saw now issue with gassing or firing rubber bullets at anyone engaged in peaceful civil disobedience. Whether you like it or not, most of our society no longer supports the tactics Bull Connor used on Civil Rights demonstrators who engaged in civil disobedience. You are entitled to your opinion on this and I am entitled to point out it is completely antiquated and embarrassing.

But....I thought when the polic.e used it at the capital it was trumps fault.....so if police use it in Seattle isn’t it the mayors f

how do you get them out of the street if there are too many to arrest and they won’t disperse?

Wait. You think they get on the phone with the mayor to use the gas in every city and situation? Lol.

tenor.gif

This doesn't make a lick of sense, rice cakes. I responded to your nutty straw man above with my idea for solving the issue by increasing funding for police salaries. Let us know if you calm down enough to post something coherent.
DM8!!!!!
"FAMBLY"------------------------------REMEMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DelayedFrigidHoiho-size_restricted.gif

@ricedp105

The same way good police handle peaceful demonstrations around our country on a regular basis. If people refuse to disperse and its essential they be removed from the area, you calmly tell them that anyone who doesn't leave will be taken into custody. Then the police go in with zip ties and detain anyone who decides they want to be arrested. This is happening all over our country in the last week. Every department should have ample zip ties in their inventory for this purpose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT