ADVERTISEMENT

Huntsville PD says they tear gassed a peaceful crowd as a "precaution"...

Why would you not gas them if they refused to leave the middle of the street? It's there choice....they know what they are doing and they know the consequences...
WhirlwindFlamboyantCougar-size_restricted.gif

Thank you for having the courage to come out and say what jackson and others have waffled around ITT. You have no problem with Bull Connor and others who used gas and other "non lethal" means on Civil Rights demonstrators. It is honestly amazing that is still a commonly held view by some in our country. Peaceful civil disobedience should never be met with violence.

Reactions: AmEx86 and Stumpfan
Sorry Jim. Couldn't sleep last night and I was up early working this morning. Just now taking a break to check back in. Did I miss you admitting you were wrong when you claimed dozens of time COVID was far less deadly than the seasonal flu?
Oh, poor Danny boy. Were you too upset to sleep last night little fella?

Did someone make you so angry on the internet that you were ranting until 5 in morning on an Auburn recruiting message board?

Reactions: who_called_the_Wolf
The only thing thrown by a protester in the 8 minute video I posted were 2 tear gas canisters.
This is again what I have only said 59 times and you refuse to stop. You do not know if that was tear gas or not. Quit saying tear gas for everything that smokes. Geez. And quit saying stuff like they “opened fire”. I mean according to you they opened fire and gassed a bunch of innocent people. I know you probably don’t know the difference in things like guns and weapons but your wording is terrible and just like your liberal media buddies. “Opened Fire” and “attacked” and “gassed them” and all these other stupid things you say need to stop

Reactions: j4au_1
WhirlwindFlamboyantCougar-size_restricted.gif

Thank you for having the courage to come out and say what jackson and others have waffled around ITT. You have no problem with Bull Connor and others who used gas and other "non lethal" means on Civil Rights demonstrators. It is honestly amazing that is still a commonly held view by some in our country. Peaceful civil disobedience should never be met with violence.
nope....if I have to get to work and make a living to feed my kids and these idiots are preventing that...gas em....it will wear off

Reactions: who_called_the_Wolf
Can never be too careful @DM8
You aren't a bad guy, but that's an idiotic argument. Everyone rational should be able to easily agree that gassing peaceful protesters as a "precaution" is beyond the pale. Even if you disagree with the cause being protested, can you understand why these tactics will only lead to thousands more people taking to the streets? Can you see why some of the people who see non-violent protesters being gassed and shot with rubber bullets will think that justifies them engaging in violence? As I have said repeatedly, I don't want that to happen and that's one of the main reasons HPD's police chief should be condemned for doing this.

This is again what I have only said 59 times and you refuse to stop. You do not know if that was tear gas or not. Quit saying tear gas for everything that smokes. Geez. And quit saying stuff like they “opened fire”. I mean according to you they opened fire and gassed a bunch of innocent people. I know you probably don’t know the difference in things like guns and weapons but your wording is terrible and just like your liberal media buddies. “Opened Fire” and “attacked” and “gassed them” and all these other stupid things you say need to stop
HPD says they fired tear gas. Why on earth would you claim they are lying as a means to deflect from their decision?

In the same statement, McMurray said, "Only at the very end of the evening, after the event stretched well past four hours, a small group of protestors remained and began threatening officers and public property. After repeatedly warnings, we were able to safely disperse the crowd using smoke first and then tear gas, a non-lethal chemical agent.”

nope....if I have to get to work and make a living to feed my kids and these idiots are preventing that...gas em....it will wear off
You would have been Bull Connor's biggest fan. Thanks for being honest and exposing all the other nuts ITT who are making the same arguments.

Oh, poor Danny boy. Were you too upset to sleep last night little fella?

Did someone make you so angry on the internet that you were ranting until 5 in morning on an Auburn recruiting message board?
Did you start the thread admitting how wrong you were yet about COVID being magnitudes less deadly than the seasonly flu? I haven't scanned the whole board yet so I do hope I didn't miss that. Will you please make sure to tag me when you that thread goes up?

Reactions: AmEx86
7:11pm - Police on loudspeakers telling the crowd to “clear the area” at Huntsville protest. Crowd appears more calm than at Monday’s protest.

7:13pm - Protesters have been told it’s over. @whnt
7:13pm - Protesters have parted. Police say they have four minutes to clear out.

7:14pm - People not leaving, standing on sidewalk. @whnt

7:16pm - Command repeated. ‘Clear the area. ‘ Not much movement. Response

7:18pm - Protesters have one minute to disperse @whnt

7:19pm - Cops put on MASK

7:20pm - Police putting on gas masks as they ask crowd to disperse at Huntsville protest.

7:33pm - Both groups waiting on each other to flinch (notice no gas yet after 20+ mins of being asked to disperse)

7:40pm - We are peaceful chant going on

7:43pm - Audio dispersement sounded off

7:43pm - Monday and police deployed tear gas. ⁦@leeroop⁩ is watching the scene on the square. Police sounding siren to disperse again. About 10 minutes from where tear gas deployed Monday.

7:44pm - Police in Huntsville just set off the loud whistle. Monday night, that was the first signal of gas to come.

7:46pm - Holding pattern right now. Protesters do not want to disperse. HPD has said they do not want protesters out as the sun sets.

7:55pm - Smoke deployed

7:55pm - Two loud bangs

7:55pm - Crowd now fleeing into Big Soring Park. Hearing pops from courthouse square and lots of sirens.

8:00pm - State trooper cars pouring into Madison County Courthouse Square. Gas fired. Still a large crowd here. It’s not over yet.

8:04pm - Several shots (gas and rubber bullets) and mace deployed

8:06pm - Chaotic scene crowd all of us driven out. Smoke pepper spray police ALEA cars. Basically concerted push. Smoke pretty acrid. @whnt

8:08pm - Police armed in riot gear marching up Fountain Row toward courthouse square in Huntsville.

8:11pm - Serious deployment of tear gas, rubber bullets etc. bad time for this reporter. Video forthcoming.

8:19pm - Crowd seems to be dispersed. An odd quiet has settled. A car alarm blares. Cops coughing. Sirens in the distance. Jesus Christ.
Thanks for posting this. That makes it abundantly clear there was zero violence on the part of the protesters. What happened last night was no different than when gas was used on civil rights protesters in the 1960s who also chose to protest peacefully without a permit.

Reactions: AmEx86
Yeah they got a lil rowdy once the police started firing rubber bullets.

Yep.. That would have been the signal. After that point chit is real. If you, Mr. or Mrs. or however you define yourself Protester are still here after the warning and mild stimulus to move on.. It’s because you chose to be, and you are responsible for whatever state you ended up in.

It’s a tough concept to truly get your head around. If you are going to play chicken with Police Officers armed and ready to clear the area then you are a fool. There was a collective conscious decision for civil disobedience, maybe it was worth it to them to see if the cops were on the level. Maybe they thought they were in NYC or Chicago.. east mistake I guess. Maybe their cause was bigger than their personal safety... either way if protesters were shot or gassed it because they chose to be where the bullets and gas were deployed.

HPD says they fired tear gas. Why on earth would you claim they are lying as a means to deflect from their decision?

In the same statement, McMurray said, "Only at the very end of the evening, after the event stretched well past four hours, a small group of protestors remained and began threatening officers and public property. After repeatedly warnings, we were able to safely disperse the crowd using smoke first and then tear gas, a non-lethal chemical agent.”
I never said they didn’t, but in your original post the HPD didn’t quote those things. Just want you to understand that every smoke isn’t cops tear gassing people. Quit using all these dramatic phrases like they opened fire, or they trampled the crowd, or they attacked the crowd. It makes you look very stupid

You would have been Bull Connor's biggest fan. Thanks for being honest and exposing all the other nuts ITT who are making the same arguments.
Lol...at you trying to lump everyone with Bull Connor.....no one is buying what you are selling....but keep it up...it’s quite entertaining

Yep.. That would have been the signal. After that point chit is real. If you, Mr. or Mrs. or however you define yourself Protester are still here after the warning and mild stimulus to move on.. It’s because you chose to be, and you are responsible for whatever state you ended up in.

It’s a tough concept to truly get your head around. If you are going to play chicken with Police Officers armed and ready to clear the area then you are a fool. There was a collective conscious decision for civil disobedience, maybe it was worth it to them to see if the cops were on the level. Maybe they thought they were in NYC or Chicago.. east mistake I guess. Maybe their cause was bigger than their personal safety... either way if protesters were shot or gassed it because they chose to be where the bullets and gas were deployed.
This reads word for word just as someone would have put it in the 1960s. Well done. The people below chose to put their cause ahead of their personal safety. I am sure you would have been happy to see the fire hoses come out last night as well.

image.png

Lol...at you trying to lump everyone with Bull Connor.....no one is buying what you are selling....but keep it up...it’s quite entertaining
You just said you supported Bull Connor gassing peaceful protesters engaging in civil disobedience. Thanks for outing yourself so thoroughly.

My point was and still is the Huntsville PD didn’t say they used any of those things. Those words were used by others like this guy tweeting this. Look for quotes of anyone at HPD saying they used those things or that they are justifying it. It’s a story put together by the media and twisted into what they want it to sound like. I know you are smart enough to know that. As for OP, I doubt he is or he is so blinded he can’t see it
Dear lourde. How could you possibly be so ignorant to claim the media "twisted" and claimed tear gas was fired? HPD proudly admitted they used tear gas as a precaution because they didn't want to "roll the dice" on the protesters becoming violent.

You aren't a bad guy, but that's an idiotic argument. Everyone rational should be able to easily agree that gassing peaceful protesters as a "precaution" is beyond the pale. Even if you disagree with the cause being protested, can you understand why these tactics will only lead to thousands more people taking to the streets? Can you see why some of the people who see non-violent protesters being gassed and shot with rubber bullets will think that justifies them engaging in violence? As I have said repeatedly, I don't want that to happen and that's one of the main reasons HPD's police chief should be condemned for doing this.

relax bro! It was in jest. We can still do that right?

Reactions: DM8
This reads word for word just as someone would have put it in the 1960s. Well done. I am sure you would have been happy to see the fire hoses come out last night as well.

image.png

Yep. That’s me.. a guy with an opinion ... well statement of fact really. But it differs from yours.. so I must be a racist right?

The Protesters did choose to be there didn’t they DM8? They did choose to see what would happen if they ignored the warnings right? Or was it the white supremacists that kept there against their collective will to be abused by authorities??

Reactions: audeuce02
I never said they didn’t, but in your original post the HPD didn’t quote those things. Just want you to understand that every smoke isn’t cops tear gassing people. Quit using all these dramatic phrases like they opened fire, or they trampled the crowd, or they attacked the crowd. It makes you look very stupid

You'll have to understand, that's his/her MO. I doubt you see that change. Maybe it makes him/her feel better about themself...

Reactions: thesugar6
relax bro! It was in jest. We can still do that right?
Haha, yes. My bad, I am fending off nuts left and right in this thread who supported gassing peaceful civil rights protesters in the 1960s so I may not be in the best frame of mind to pick up on sarcasm. It takes a lot to surprise me these days, but folks in this thread have succeeded. I had no idea we have so many who either oppose the 1st amendment or think it only applies to speech they agree with.

Yep. That’s me.. a guy with an opinion ... well statement of fact really. But it differs from yours.. so I must be a racist right?

The Protesters did choose to be there didn’t they DM8? They did choose to see what would happen if they ignored the warnings right? Or was it the white supremacists that kept there against their collective will to be abused by authorities??
Of course the protesters chose to be there peacefully engaging in a form of civil disobedience by staying beyond their permit. You are free to express your opinion, but you could not possibly be more wrong that gas and violence by police is acceptable against people engaging in peaceful civil disobedience.

Dear lourde. How could you possibly be so ignorant to claim the media "twisted" and claimed tear gas was fired? HPD proudly admitted they used tear gas as a precaution because they didn't want to "roll the dice" on the protesters becoming violent.

How could you be so ignorant to claim day after day that Russia Collision was real? You even made up little code words to imply there was criminality on the part of the candidate you didn’t like. You came with your quotes and articles and literally reveled in your zealotry .. and it was a lie... The people and sources that brought that information... wait for it... lied to you...

You have no credibility asshat.. None. At best you are a useful idiot and worst you are a liar.

Can you get someone from INFOWARS to break down the 8 minute video and point out which of the people peacefully chanting "hands up, dont shoot" was an ANTIFA preparing to detonate their suicide vest?
Can I ask you a legitimate question? What is the end game here that would make you happy? ZERO Policing and just free rein to WTF people want to do include violence and destroying businesses? We’ve already gone through why HPD did what they did and nothing you’ve argued ITT proves their actions to be unlawful.

How could you be so ignorant to claim day after day that Russia Collision was real? You even made up little code words to imply there was criminality on the part of the candidate you didn’t like. You came with your quotes and articles and literally reveled in your zealotry .. and it was a lie... The people and sources that brought that information... wait for it... lied to you...

You have no credibility asshat.. None. At best you are a useful idiot and worst you are a liar.
He’s gone all in on every POTUS conspiracy that has come out. He’s pitiful..we were told repeatedly Mueller was a “game changer”

Of course the protesters chose to be there peacefully engaging in a form of civil disobedience by staying beyond their permit. You are free to express your opinion, but you could not possibly be more wrong that gas and violence by police is acceptable against people engaging in peaceful civil disobedience.

Whatever makes your worldview whole and uncontested. It’s a healthy.. safe space ..for you.

Can I ask you a legitimate question? What is the end game here that would make you happy? ZERO Policing and just free rein to WTF people want?
Stop flailing away at straw men. I have said nothing of the sort. I just posted in another thread that the best solution I can think of would be legislation that gives federal funding for significant increases in pay for police officers that is tied to requirements for better training and standardized guidelines on the use of force along with safeguards to make sure officers who engage in bad conduct can be removed from law enforcement expediently so the public is not put at further risk. I think that's a solution good police officers would get behind and would also succeed in reducing the incidents of violence that have prompted these protests.

Whatever makes your worldview whole and uncontested. It’s a healthy.. safe space ..for you.
I appreciate you, dent and others ITT being so open about your support for gassing peaceful protesters. I honestly had no idea so many people thought the civil rights protesters in the 1960s got what they deserved by choosing to protest without permits and after being ordered to go home.

Stop flailing away at straw men. I have said nothing of the sort. I just posted in another thread that the best solution I can think of would be legislation that gives federal funding for significant increases in pay for police officers that is tied to requirements for better training and standardized guidelines on the use of force along with safeguards to make sure officers who engage in bad conduct can be removed from law enforcement expediently so the public is not put at further risk. I think that's a solution good police officers would get behind and would also succeed in reducing the incidents of violence that have prompted these protests.
So you want laws changed that have nothing to do with how a police force enforces the current laws/legislation. Gotcha. Everything you’ve posted has been blaming every police force under the sun of being unlawful, they don’t o determine what is and isn’t lawful that’s a different branch of government.

I appreciate you, dent and others ITT being so open about your support for gassing peaceful protesters. I honestly had no idea so many people thought the civil rights protesters in the 1960s got what they deserved by choosing to protest without permits and after being ordered to go home.
One more question can you show an example of ANY police force that have handled these protests properly? Or are they all wrong and the entire system needs to be destroyed IYO? I think everyone including me is understanding why you’re such a dishonest lunatic..

do you think any of the below may have also contributed to George Young’s death?

George Floyd Had ‘Fentanyl Intoxication’ And ‘Recent Methamphetamine Use,’ Autopsy Shows

I get that you aren’t very smart and you are very very very blinded by your political views but How many times do I have to show you. You state things like they are quotes when they are not. The media dang sure twists things to make them sound like they want to. In your op, there was not one single quote from HPD saying they used tear gas, it was all implied by the person who wrote that. I never argued that they didn’t use it, I argued that it wasn’t quoted like you said. Quit making stuff up.

Reactions: ricedp105
So you want laws changed that have nothing to do with how a police force enforces the current laws/legislation. Gotcha. Everything you’ve posted has been blaming every police force under the sun of being unlawful, they don’t o determine what is and isn’t lawful that’s a different branch of government.
tenor.gif

This doesn't make a lick of sense, rice cakes. I responded to your nutty straw man above with my idea for solving the issue by increasing funding for police salaries. Let us know if you calm down enough to post something coherent.

They gassed them all and opened fire on them all didnt they?? Attacked the peaceful crowd for no reason. How many were killed or injured from this assault?? I am shocked that you don’t claim that the president ordered it.

tenor.gif

This doesn't make a lick of sense, rice cakes. I responded to your nutty straw man above with my idea for solving the issue by increasing funding for police salaries. Let us know if you calm down enough to post something coherent.
So you also don’t understand the 3 branches of government and that police don’t make laws they enforce them..cool, good to know

ADVERTISEMENT