ADVERTISEMENT

Huntsville PD says they tear gassed a peaceful crowd as a "precaution"...

7:11pm - Police on loudspeakers telling the crowd to “clear the area” at Huntsville protest. Crowd appears more calm than at Monday’s protest.

7:13pm - Protesters have been told it’s over. @whnt
7:13pm - Protesters have parted. Police say they have four minutes to clear out.

7:14pm - People not leaving, standing on sidewalk. @whnt

7:16pm - Command repeated. ‘Clear the area. ‘ Not much movement. Response

7:18pm - Protesters have one minute to disperse @whnt

7:19pm - Cops put on MASK

7:20pm - Police putting on gas masks as they ask crowd to disperse at Huntsville protest.

7:33pm - Both groups waiting on each other to flinch (notice no gas yet after 20+ mins of being asked to disperse)

7:40pm - We are peaceful chant going on

7:43pm - Audio dispersement sounded off

7:43pm - Monday and police deployed tear gas. ⁦@leeroop⁩ is watching the scene on the square. Police sounding siren to disperse again. About 10 minutes from where tear gas deployed Monday.

7:44pm - Police in Huntsville just set off the loud whistle. Monday night, that was the first signal of gas to come.

7:46pm - Holding pattern right now. Protesters do not want to disperse. HPD has said they do not want protesters out as the sun sets.

7:55pm - Smoke deployed

7:55pm - Two loud bangs

7:55pm - Crowd now fleeing into Big Soring Park. Hearing pops from courthouse square and lots of sirens.

8:00pm - State trooper cars pouring into Madison County Courthouse Square. Gas fired. Still a large crowd here. It’s not over yet.

8:04pm - Several shots (gas and rubber bullets) and mace deployed

8:06pm - Chaotic scene crowd all of us driven out. Smoke pepper spray police ALEA cars. Basically concerted push. Smoke pretty acrid. @whnt

8:08pm - Police armed in riot gear marching up Fountain Row toward courthouse square in Huntsville.

8:11pm - Serious deployment of tear gas, rubber bullets etc. bad time for this reporter. Video forthcoming.

8:19pm - Crowd seems to be dispersed. An odd quiet has settled. A car alarm blares. Cops coughing. Sirens in the distance. Jesus Christ.

7:11pm - Police on loudspeakers telling the crowd to “clear the area” at Huntsville protest. Crowd appears more calm than at Monday’s protest.

7:13pm - Protesters have been told it’s over. @whnt
7:13pm - Protesters have parted. Police say they have four minutes to clear out.

7:14pm - People not leaving, standing on sidewalk. @whnt

7:16pm - Command repeated. ‘Clear the area. ‘ Not much movement. Response

7:18pm - Protesters have one minute to disperse @whnt

7:19pm - Cops put on MASK

7:20pm - Police putting on gas masks as they ask crowd to disperse at Huntsville protest.

7:33pm - Both groups waiting on each other to flinch (notice no gas yet after 20+ mins of being asked to disperse)

7:40pm - We are peaceful chant going on

7:43pm - Audio dispersement sounded off

7:43pm - Monday and police deployed tear gas. ⁦@leeroop⁩ is watching the scene on the square. Police sounding siren to disperse again. About 10 minutes from where tear gas deployed Monday.

7:44pm - Police in Huntsville just set off the loud whistle. Monday night, that was the first signal of gas to come.

7:46pm - Holding pattern right now. Protesters do not want to disperse. HPD has said they do not want protesters out as the sun sets.

7:55pm - Smoke deployed

7:55pm - Two loud bangs

7:55pm - Crowd now fleeing into Big Soring Park. Hearing pops from courthouse square and lots of sirens.

8:00pm - State trooper cars pouring into Madison County Courthouse Square. Gas fired. Still a large crowd here. It’s not over yet.

8:04pm - Several shots (gas and rubber bullets) and mace deployed

8:06pm - Chaotic scene crowd all of us driven out. Smoke pepper spray police ALEA cars. Basically concerted push. Smoke pretty acrid. @whnt

8:08pm - Police armed in riot gear marching up Fountain Row toward courthouse square in Huntsville.

8:11pm - Serious deployment of tear gas, rubber bullets etc. bad time for this reporter. Video forthcoming.

8:19pm - Crowd seems to be dispersed. An odd quiet has settled. A car alarm blares. Cops coughing. Sirens in the distance. Jesus Christ.
So..not peaceful and those that remained didn't leave despite being told to do so MULTIPLE TIMES...Shocked I tell you.

So they admitted to tear gassing peaceful protestors? How is this thread three pages? Why is there debate?
They didn’t admit to that. They never said that anywhere. That’s OP and the article stating it. There are zero quotes form anyone saying they tear gassed people

Reactions: ricedp105
“Tear Gas” is the new buzzword. Any smoke is tear gas, and popping noise is police shooting, any spark is a flash bang grenade. Lol. It’s crazy, it’s a narrative and it’s dumb. They need to get the truth and report the truth.

I would love to have seen your reaction if that was a crowd of tea partiers or shutdown protesters. I am sure you would support a crowd including chilidren being gassed and people being seriously wounded with rubber bullets as a "precaution" in case they became violent, as the HPD spokesperson put it.

None of these people protesting at the Michigan Capital had a permit and some were very hostile. You believe they should have been shot with rubber bullets and gassed, correct?

200430-lansing-protest-al-1403_5391b85a0629b7903af26aa8a57c4241.nbcnews-fp-1024-512.jpg

1588279063197-gettyimages-1211398273-jpeg.jpg
Treating a peaceful protest as a riot because riots have occurred elsewhere is the worst way imaginable to cause the protests to stop. Videos of peaceful protesters being gassed tonight will ensure thousands more show up across our state and country tomorrow and in the coming days.

What do you think would have happened if a protester had gotten in an officers face tonight who was carrying a gun and screamed like this guy?

5969fca5-0205-428e-9821-78e50dc1f654-GTY_AFP_1QX44Z.jpg

The only thing being made clear ITT is that some people have no issue with gassing peaceful protesters when they disagree with them. If Michigan state police had deployed tear gas in the rotunda of their capital to break up this hostile protest with no permit, the howls from folks like @Jackson68 would have been audible for miles.
How many police officers were injured in this hostile protest in Michigan?

Reactions: audeuce02
If anyone was being violent, I certainly should have been dealt with, but the videos show that wasn't the case. HPD's statement admits they tear gassed the peaceful crowd as a precaution. No one in the videos I posted above is throwing anything. The people being tear gassed and pepper sprayed clearly weren't being violent.
There are people throwing things in that video doe.

I mean, I'm just going by this. Sounds like it was very peaceful up until the fuzz started using "chemical agents".
"Chemical agent" = Pepper spray balls and flashbangs...per someone that was actually there. Also per the link you provided...
The first sign of any offensive action by protesters came after police deployed smoke and after trooper cars sped through the area. The protesters threw water bottles at state trooper cars.

Typical @DuMb8 post. Incomplete facts, gets called out, fills up 2 pages worth of whataboutisms and unrelated historical events.

He should probably go and join his fellow rioters because it's obvious he too dumb to hold down a day job.

He does this daily on the AIDS board. “Disingenuous Dan” is a well-earned nickname over there. ($1 to @NashTiger in WilCo )

This is the kind of unfortunate reaction that will happen when nonviolent protesters are gassed or shot with rubber bullets. As I said earlier, even those who don't support the protesters should be able to realize that gas and rubber bullets against wholly or largely peaceful groups will only spark more protests and unfortunately motivate some people to give up on being peaceful.
That’s no child.

Reactions: audeuce02
I mean, I'm just going by this. Sounds like it was very peaceful up until the fuzz started using "chemical agents".
My point was and still is the Huntsville PD didn’t say they used any of those things. Those words were used by others like this guy tweeting this. Look for quotes of anyone at HPD saying they used those things or that they are justifying it. It’s a story put together by the media and twisted into what they want it to sound like. I know you are smart enough to know that. As for OP, I doubt he is or he is so blinded he can’t see it

I have a problem with our police department being put on 'high alert' due to facebook rumors about the bad black men coming to town...

Reactions: DM8
I have a problem with our police department being put on 'high alert' due to facebook rumors about the bad black men coming to town...

wut??...I thought the rumors were about antifa coming to town. And with increased social media chatter whether confirmed or not why wouldn't you be on high alert?

How many police officers were injured in this hostile protest in Michigan?
None but he was not happy with that trash confronting police officers.

Agreed. Look at this trash screaming and undoubtedly spitting all over these state troopers who are risking their lives to keep order in the midst of the redneck wannabe GI Joe rally.

Of course, that was less than two months ago when he was concerned about social distancing and all for people being threatened and fined if they opened their businesses or go to church.

None but he was not happy with that trash confronting police officers.

Of course, that was less than two months ago when he was concerned about social distancing and all for people being threatened and fined if they opened their businesses or go to church.

Oh my

Reactions: outlaws7
He said it started getting hostile, threats against the police were made and the road was blocked.

Its pitiful that you have no issue with police officers safety. You realize that they are getting attacked and killed around the country don’t you?

It’s been reported that guns were seen, objects were being pulled from backpacks. An officer was injured by something thrown.
I have an idea maybe you guys can agree that you’ll never see eye-to-eye on the same issue so maybe you should both STFU! We get it you’ll support everything the right says and @DM8 will support everything the left says. Why don’t you both give your mind and body a rest and quit arguing...what are you accomplishing?

I have an idea maybe you guys can agree that you’ll never see eye-to-eye on the same issue so maybe you should both STFU! We get it you’ll support everything the right says and @DM8 will support everything the left says. Why don’t you both give your mind and body a rest and quit arguing...what are you accomplishing?
Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: anon_xdkqbpnrbtnct
Live stream by HPD on the events of last night

Fire them all ;)

Police chief said everything exactly how he should have there. And basically echo'd what I told people from Monday night. That crowd was given every opportunity to move along and after 90 mins and dark approaching, they decided to release gas. Options 2 and 3 would be use physical force or let them protest all through the night and eventually - as they did anyway- start damaging property.

These 3 dudes get my vote.

HPD statement below says the protest was peaceful, but the crowd became "a little hostile" and they used gas as a precaution as they didn't want to "roll the dice on the protesters becoming violent." Birmingham's Bull Connor would have loved that justification for deploying tear gas, fire hoses or dogs.

This is exactly the kind of action that will continue to cause the protests to grow. Using chemical agents on people who are peacefully protesting police violence is the worst thing any department could be doing right now. The people this guy was spraying weren't even protesting, they were just milling around with some of them sitting on a bench talking and not paying attention as he walks up to spray them. This officer should be fired.

Then to make matters worse, they tear gassed a peaceful crowd that included children and then the officers in gas masks prevented the crowd and media from fleeing the gas. This was not a riot. It was a peaceful assembly of people exercising their 1st amendment rights. Huntsville needs to fire their police chief.

A peaceful protest that was allowed to continue one hour after approved permit that also involved objects being thrown at ALEA. So there is a lot going on at this protest.

I generally like DM8 post and especially basketball. However, he is taking it to Rice level insanity with “absolutes” just because a video does or does not show something. Nothing is absolute in situation and the story usually lies in between. You can still not agree with using of the gas which is 100% fine.

I would assume all of this happened. Tear/riot gas was used on peaceful protestors. Items where thrown at cops. Crowds where asked to get out of the road. A few protestors probably took some things too far and ruined for the other 99%. Again, not condoning using the gas, simply saying anyone talking in absolutes because of video is ridiculous especially when some of the people where there or had friends that where there.
I posted 8 minutes of video leading up to the police opening fire. You don't have to take anyone's word for it. The crowd isn't that big and the camera captures them standing along the sidewalk by the old courthouse. Nothing is being thrown. The scene wasn't even very tense as the media are just milling around across the street and the protesters were chanting "hands up, don't shoot." Again, don't take my word for it, watch the video.

I posted 8 minutes of video leading up to the police opening fire. You don't have to take anyone's word for it. The crowd isn't that big and the camera captures them standing along the sidewalk by the old courthouse. Nothing is being thrown. The scene wasn't even very tense as the media are just milling around across the street and the protesters were chanting "hands up, don't shoot." Again, don't take my word for it, watch the video.

tenor.gif

You're simply wrong. 100% wrong in fact. Just stop talking about shit you know nothing about. I live here. I know people on ALL sides of the issue. You are 100% wrong. I, most people in this community, APPROVE of the actions taken. These people need to understand this is not some big city run by libs who condone violence. We will stop it BEFORE it becomes an issue. If you dont like it, GET YOUR FRIGGIN ASS BACK UP NORTH OR THE BIG CITY. You are not welcome here if you're gonna start shit, which they clearly were trying to do. They don't even live here. Eff'em.

"Chemical agent" = Pepper spray balls and flashbangs...per someone that was actually there. Also per the link you provided...
The first sign of any offensive action by protesters came after police deployed smoke and after trooper cars sped through the area. The protesters threw water bottles at state trooper cars.
Thank you for inadvertently proving my point. The protest was completely peaceful until the police opened fire. You can see that in the 8 minute video I posted the link to which shows the first thing a protester threw was a gas canister fired by police.

You and many others ITT would have been huge fan's of Bull Connor. The Civil Rights protesters refused to leave the streets and didn't have permits in Birmingham. The same people cheering for the police to gas this peaceful crowd would have been loudly calling for Bull Connor to gas the marchers in Birmingham and unleash the fire hoses and dogs.

Reactions: AmEx86
You're simply wrong. 100% wrong in fact. Just stop talking about shit you know nothing about. I live here. I know people on ALL sides of the issue. You are 100% wrong. I, most people in this community, APPROVE of the actions taken. These people need to understand this is not some big city run by libs who condone violence. We will stop it BEFORE it becomes an issue. If you dont like it, GET YOUR FRIGGIN ASS BACK UP NORTH OR THE BIG CITY. You are not welcome here if you're gonna start shit, which they clearly were trying to do. They don't even live here. Eff'em.
Can you get someone from INFOWARS to break down the 8 minute video and point out which of the people peacefully chanting "hands up, dont shoot" was an ANTIFA preparing to detonate their suicide vest?

He’s still in bed at noon on a Thursday.
Sorry Jim. Couldn't sleep last night and I was up early working this morning. Just now taking a break to check back in. Did I miss you admitting you were wrong when you claimed dozens of time COVID was far less deadly than the seasonal flu?

Police chief said everything exactly how he should have there. And basically echo'd what I told people from Monday night. That crowd was given every opportunity to move along and after 90 mins and dark approaching, they decided to release gas. Options 2 and 3 would be use physical force or let them protest all through the night and eventually - as they did anyway- start damaging property.

These 3 dudes get my vote.
These protesters also didn't have a permit and were ordered to leave. They chose to engage in civil disobedience and sit peacefully in the street. Do you agree with the decision to gas them as well?

tumblr_naa22iyG5a1rih7zxo7_1280.jpg

These protesters also didn't have a permit and were ordered to leave. They chose to engage in civil disobedience and sit peacefully in the street. Do you agree with the decision to gas them as well?

tumblr_naa22iyG5a1rih7zxo7_1280.jpg
Why would you not gas them if they refused to leave the middle of the street? It's there choice....they know what they are doing and they know the consequences...

ADVERTISEMENT