ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Hugh Freeze quick notes (post-Oklahoma)

BrianStultz

All-American
Staff
Jul 1, 2021
We are set to speak with Hugh Freeze following Auburn's 27-21 loss to Oklahoma.

Follow along and refresh for all updates.

*** I couldn't be prouder of their effort and the preparation this week and how they worked. They played hard and deserved to win the game. It's not on them and their effort. I got to find a way to win these games.

*** Offensive plan was effective. Ran the ball effectively. Shouldn't have put Thorne in that situation on 3rd when he threw the pick six.

*** "This one stings for sure."

*** On throwing it twice after getting the ball down to the 33-yard line. "Yeah, I have to have him understand the situation there." Needed Thorne to get into those running situations.

*** On fourth down stop and then running just 1:38 off the clock: "Run the football and milk the clock."

*** Mentions the Tigers should have had 10 more points int he first half. "That matters in games like this in this league."

*** It's kind of been a story of Auburn outgunning the other team by a good amount but not winning the football games.

***"It's going to be hard to win against Oklahoma when they know you are throwing. They have proved they are some of the best in pass rushing.

*** "The margin of error feels very, very small. You feel the weight of every play call. I'm sure the players feel the weight."

*** Was this a game that they felt they could win just running the ball? "I felt like we could win the game. I thought we had to be balanced."

*** "I honestly felt like we were going to win this football game all week and this morning."

*** A fan who is somehow credentialed and wearing an Auburn hat and shirt just brought up Pat Dye's quote.

** "Just tell him I love him. Go back to work and get it corrected so we win these games." - on what he says to Thorne.

That's it for Hugh.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.