ADVERTISEMENT

Hugh Freeze quick notes (post-New Mexico)

BrianStultz

All-American
Staff
Jul 1, 2021
We are speaking with Hugh Freeze after Auburn's victory.

*** We always celebrate wins. Good to see joy on our kids' faces.

*** They (New Mexico) played MINT on defense in the first half and they hadn't seen that yet. They adjusted at halftime.

*** On Hank's: "I thought he was solid. I thought the rain bothered him a little bit in the first half. He missed a few that I wanted him to get. I thought he got us into the right checks in the game."

*** On offensive line pass protecting: "I don't remember a sack so anytime you can get through a college game you are somewhat pleased."

*** On final decision to give Hank the start: "I made the decision. Again, I'm still with Payton and believe he is a good football player. He's handled it very well. He was a good teammate tonight." Said he decided on Monday but didn't tell them until Thursday.

*** On the defense: "I thought we weren't very good on defense and DJ would agree." Had too many penalties and didn't contain the quarterback very well.

*** Hank will be the starter next week. The next couple of weeks will show us exactly where we are with that.

*** On Kayin Lee: "He has a calf strain. He struggled with it all week."

*** Think Frazier broke his foot.

*** "He had very little grip. I can't remember all five incompletions but some of them were due to the rain. Think he came out and went 8-for-8 to start the second half."

*** "We have to play with composure and poise and play the ball better than what we are doing." - on the secondary

*** "There's nothing like experience and his has been very very limited. Now he has a full game to look at and learn from and every week is a new challenge." - on Hank

*** On 10 pass catchers: "Anytime you do that you have a happy room and it puts on tape that there isn't a single guy that you can double."

*** "No one practiced better than Camden Brown this week."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.