ADVERTISEMENT

Herschel Walker nails it

Unless it's a no knock raid at the wrong house and you end up dead at the hands of militarized police for NO GOOD REASON

1) End Qualified Immunity
2) Require Body Cams
3) Stop Enforcing Victimless Crimes
4) End No-Knock Raids
5) Stop Militarizing Police
6) Implement Bail Reform
7) End Civil Asset Forfeiture
8) End Mandatory Police Unions
9) Require Cops to Obtain Individual Liability Insurance
Have you seen the report on Breonna Taylor? Did you see the address on the warrant? All of the evidence they gathered from what seemed like months of surveillance? The public perception of that situation is not based in truth, I had no idea until recently I’m genuinely curious if you’ve seen it

Tweet of the year IMO. This is the kind of change that needs to take place. I'd venture a guess that about 99% of Law Enforcement interactions with any citizen ends without being shot because they comply with the officers demands. He also talks about the %1(bad apples) that if a citizen complies, regardless of color, they need to be treated with respect. If you don't agree with the commands of the officers, wait until that exchange is over with and then fight it in court/report to incident. Having an Open hand not a closed fist would go a long way towards mending the two sides. I know Dear Diary, kinda...

Reactions: TripleWood
Have you seen the report on Breonna Taylor? Did you see the address on the warrant? All of the evidence they gathered from what seemed like months of surveillance? The public perception of that situation is not based in truth, I had no idea until recently I’m genuinely curious if you’ve seen it
One of the officers blindly sprayed bullets into Breonna Taylor's apartment through a sliding glass door that was covered by a curtain. There is absolutely no way to defend what happened in that incident regardless of the evidence that led them to raid the apartment. That's especially true given they had already arrested her ex boyfriend that they were looking for when they kicked her door in.

WTF are you talking about? There is ZERO outrage about the senseless murders of hundreds of innocent black people. ZERO. Are people aware of it? Of course. Have there been protests about it? Hell no. Why are the NBA players not boycotting Chicago? Why is BLM not running continuous protests in the streets of Chicago protesting about these senseless killings? Why have the black city leaders done ZERO to stop any of it? ANYBODY that dismisses the hundreds of murders in this city, vs less than 10 police killings NATIONALLY, is a hypocritical POS.
Wrong. Here are a few of the recent articles on anti violence protests in Chicago. Let's see if you can admit you were wrong about this.

Chicagoans DO Protest Gun Violence And Organize For Safer Neighborhoods All The Time. Here’s How
PUBLISHED ON JUN 24, 2020 8:00AM CDT

DOWNTOWN — It’s a familiar refrain. Anytime people of color protest against police brutality — as they did across the country in response to the killing of George Floyd — critics of the protests ask why the same people don’t address gun violence in their communities.

They are wrong. Chicagoans routinely organize and protest against gun violence in their neighborhoods all the time, and many are gearing up their activism again after one of Chicago’s bloodiest weekends.

Furthermore, community organizers say many of their critics are missing the point of the protests entirely: They are demanding more community investment, not more policing, to address the systemic issues that lead to violence in their neighborhoods.
Last weekend, more than 100 people were shot across the city. Fourteen were killed, including five children: A 3-year-old shot while riding a car, a 13-year-old shot inside her home, and two teenagers who’d gone out to buy candy.

Community members turned out in Austin Monday night to memorialize two of the young victims, Mekhi James and Amaria Jones.In addition to grieving their loss, community activists raised reward money to help arrest Mekhi’s shooter, urged residents to break the code of silence and come forward with information, and pushed local leaders to acknowledge how stripping resources from their communities for decades leads to devastating crime.

'Put the guns away': Car parade through Chicago's South Side calls for peace amid deadly shootings

CHICAGO (WLS) -- A colorful car parade on Chicago's South Side brought together dozens of people in a celebration of peace, unity and hope on Sunday.

"Put the guns away. Let the kids play," protesters chanted through Morgan Park.

Organizers of the motorcade are looking to reconcile the Black Lives Matter movement with the cycle of Black on Black violence that persists in some of the city's poorest neighborhoods.

"We would hope and pray that things would change, but the bottom line is there has to be action," said Sandra Warren, of the Ada Park Advisory Council. "It has to happen, and it takes all of us."

"I'm tired of seeing all the violence out here," said Eddie Baker. "I mean, little kids are getting hurt. It doesn't make any sense."

Among the participants in Sunday's rally were Morgan Park residents and members of various nonprofits, including Wallace "Gator" Bradley.

Bradley, a notorious former gang enforcer turned peace activist, called out those responsible for taking the lives of so many young children over the last few weeks.

"If you pick up a gun and you fire that gun, anyone that gets harmed from you firing that gun, that is an innocent bystander," Bradley said. "We're asking the community: ostracize them. Push them out. Don't let them hide anywhere. Don't support them and let law enforcement do their job."

Chicago’s anti-violence march is trying to force the city’s white and wealthy to pay attention

Chicago protesters opposed to the city’s current administration and police leadership plan to block off the busy Lake Shore Drive on Thursday. But the demonstrations are not focused on decrying just police shootings — they are, broadly, an anti-violence march.

The city has been mired by national attention toward its high murder rates in recent years. And while Chicago has seen some declines in 2018, the daily and weekly barrage of news stories about street violence — along with the city hitting more than 300 homicides so far this year — has taken its toll. So protesters are calling on Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson to resign.

The protesters will hit Lake Shore Drive, affecting the city’s North Side, which in general sees lower murder rates and better socioeconomic conditions. As the protesters told the Chicago Tribune, the plan is to “redistribute the pain” — by forcing North Siders to deal with this kind of inconvenience, they can get a small taste of the horrors that the South Side faces from the more regular, vicious disruption of gun violence and what many feel is a lack of investment from the city and state into the predominantly black South Side.
Protesters plan to block a busy road to draw attention to the high rates of violence in parts of the city.

WOW!!.. 4 bad apples all in one bunch. Every one of them would file false police reports to protect themselves and the others and most of their testimonies in court would hold higher regard than the victim. Not just among judges but also jurrors. This is as big a violation of public trust as any in government. Wonder, of those guys, how many are still empoyed?

Reactions: DM8
WOW!!.. 4 bad apples all in one bunch. Every one of them would file false police reports to protect themselves and the others and most of their testimonies in court would hold higher regard than the victim. Not just among judges but also jurrors. This is as big a violation of public trust as any in government. Wonder, of those guys, how many are still empoyed?
Good points. Bad officers have been assaulting people forever and black folks have disproportionately been on the receiving end of it. The only reason its coming to light more often now is that everyone has a camera. Until we have reforms that both reduce the likelihood of this happening with better training and means to hold officers accountable, this stuff will continue and the protests will escalate and unfortunately, more riots will occur. The fact some still can't even acknowledge this is a problem that warrants reforms to address it is pretty amazing.

Unless it's a no knock raid at the wrong house and you end up dead at the hands of militarized police for NO GOOD REASON

2) Require Body Cams
4) End No-Knock Raids
6) Implement Bail Reform
I like body cams but all your other mandates are absolutely insane, this would put law enforcement in much more deadly situations that they already are today. 5x more law enforcement officers are killed in the line of duty than unarmed civilians are each year. We can continue training law enforcement but by far the most effect change that can possibly happen is educating everyone how to interact with law enforcement. If individuals comply, this entire issue comes close to disappearing which should be the goal.

Reactions: Pachuta20
One of the officers blindly sprayed bullets into Breonna Taylor's apartment through a sliding glass door that was covered by a curtain. There is absolutely no way to defend what happened in that incident regardless of the evidence that led them to raid the apartment. That's especially true given they had already arrested her ex boyfriend that they were looking for when they kicked her door in.
I had lasagna for lunch today

I like body cams but all your other mandates are absolutely insane, this would put law enforcement in much more deadly situations that they already are today. 5x more law enforcement officers are killed in the line of duty than unarmed civilians are each year. We can continue training law enforcement but by far the most effect change that can possibly happen is educating everyone how to interact with law enforcement. If individuals comply, this entire issue comes close to disappearing which should be the goal.
Can you tell us why bail reform, ending qualified immunity and civil asset forfeiture are "insane" proposals that would put officers in much more deadly situations?

Reactions: Stumpfan
So why isn't he currently protesting the violence in Chicago, NYC, Seattle, Minny, etc? He only "speaks up" when it fits into his narrative..

Why aren't you doing anything to solve police violence? Are you spending this weekend giving all of your time to stopping sex trafficking? Are you on a call right now helping stop world hunger? If you aren't, am I safe to assume that you don't care about any of those things? That's how your argument comes across to me. You infer any moment of his silence as an admission of indifference when literally no one on earth is continually held to that standard.

The lead investigator in the case concluded that Castile did comply and was not reaching for his gun. Though the officer (Hispanic) indeed was found not guilty, Castile’s family grossed almost $4 million in a settlement with the city. Castile did nothing wrong.
Thanks for reporting facts!

Thanks for reporting facts!
It would help a lot if Twitter would ban people who tweet out facts. There is no place for this kind of made up statistics.

117949926_3494082650634566_7449022784296967671_o.jpg

Reactions: j4au_1
Can you tell us why bail reform, ending qualified immunity and civil asset forfeiture are "insane" proposals that would put officers in much more deadly situations?

Bail reform is something I don’t oppose, although the details matter.

Ending qualified immunity and civil asset forfeiture are bad ideas. Few people, including attorneys and judges, really understand immunity (qualified, absolute, discretionary function, etc) and how it works in practice most of the time. And people calling for an end to civil asset forfeiture need to explain why Bernie Madoff’s victims don’t deserve some restitution. It’s one thing to say these concepts need to be amended or tweaked, which might be reasonable depending on the precise changes, but another to say they need to be ended entirely. Ending them entirely is a bad idea, and I can discuss it in more detail on another forum if you want. The old saying that bad facts make bad law exists for a reason.

With that said, my guess is the link between officer safety and immunity/forfeiture is probably tenuous at best. But there are very good reasons for them to not be abolished.

Ending qualified immunity and civil asset forfeiture are bad ideas. Few people, including attorneys and judges, really understand immunity (qualified, absolute, discretionary function, etc) and how it works in practice most of the time. And people calling for an end to civil asset forfeiture need to explain why Bernie Madoff’s victims don’t deserve some restitution. It’s one thing to say these concepts need to be amended or tweaked, which might be reasonable depending on the precise changes, but another to say they need to be ended entirely. Ending them entirely is a bad idea, and I can discuss it in more detail on another forum if you want. The old saying that bad facts make bad law exists for a reason.

With that said, my guess is the link between officer safety and immunity/forfeiture is probably tenuous at best. But there are very good reasons for them to not be abolished.

Bernie... or law enforcement that abuse CAF to plainly steal. What’s the difference? Who is the bigger criminal? I say the one who holds the most power and are the largest abuser of it.

Those are good points. Someone like Madoff who engages in a massive fraudulent scheme should certainly have to forfeit the proceeds as part of paying restitution to their victims. Unfortunately, it's often used to take property from poor people who don't have the means to hire an attorney to fight the forfeiture.

Your default opinion is that African Americans should be shot if it is deemed necessary. No further justification required. Meanwhile the bodies pile up.

If stupid people continue to make bad decisions they will continue to die. Don’t resist arrest, don’t violate a restraining order, don’t use drugs, don’t associate with drug dealers, don’t shoot tasers at cops, don’t pass out drunk at Wendy’s. There are so many things not to do that will keep your from getting killed and the good part is they are mostly common sense. Can’t wait until most people figure it out.

Reactions: j4au_1
Why aren't you doing anything to solve police violence? Are you spending this weekend giving all of your time to stopping sex trafficking? Are you on a call right now helping stop world hunger? If you aren't, am I safe to assume that you don't care about any of those things? That's how your argument comes across to me. You infer any moment of his silence as an admission of indifference when literally no one on earth is continually held to that standard.
Have you ever been involved in police training. The majority of the time these officers are responding exactly how they were trained. Primary goal is to NEVER lose control, way too many officers lose their life in the line of duty because they hesitate and lose control. If they are in a hostile situation with an individual and the individual is non compliant and refuses to show their hands or reaches in a vehicle against orders from an officer, there is a good chance that individual is getting shot. The moment the individual gets possession of a weapon, the officer has lost control and is at risk of losing their life. COMPLY!!!!!!!!

Have you ever been involved in police training. The majority of the time these officers are responding exactly how they were trained. Primary goal is to NEVER lose control, way too many officers lose their life in the line of duty because they hesitate and lose control. If they are in a hostile situation with an individual and the individual is non compliant and refuses to show their hands or reaches in a vehicle against orders from an officer, there is a good chance that individual is getting shot. The moment the individual gets possession of a weapon, the officer has lost control and is at risk of losing their life. COMPLY!!!!!!!!

I mentioned nothing about a police incident. In the case of Mr Blake that was recently shot I totally agree with you. I think the officers probably did act within their training. I happen to think that in this case that there should be more options prior to getting to shooting that guy in the back 7 times. I think that outcome could have been avoided by both parties. But no, I don't think the police did anything wrong if they believe he was reaching for a weapon to harm them. But I also don't think it should have gotten to that point from either the victims perspective or the officers' perspective.

But as I said, the post you quoted really wasn't focused on that. You could have substituted police violence for any other issue and the point would remain the same.

It would help a lot if Twitter would ban people who tweet out facts. There is no place for this kind of made up statistics.

117949926_3494082650634566_7449022784296967671_o.jpg

What percent of those 999 were totally avoidable had we given our police force better resources and training to avoid using lethal force? Do you have that stat?

What percent of those 999 were totally avoidable had we given our police force better resources and training to avoid using lethal force? Do you have that stat?

Did not know off the top of my head but looked it up and according to fbi.gov out of the 999 instances of police shootings 997 were avoidable if the victims had not been complete **** ups. The other 2 were the results of the police over reacting to victims who were in fact **** ups but did not deserve to be shot.
So there is blame to go around.

Did not know off the top of my head but looked it up and according to fbi.gov out of the 999 instances of police shootings 997 were avoidable if the victims had not been complete **** ups. The other 2 were the results of the police over reacting to victims who were in fact **** ups but did not deserve to be shot.
So there is blame to go around.

Well, the lethality of a lot of them was probably also avoidable. I'm sure most of those police officers acted within their training, and I'm fine with that. But I think what most are advocating for is to give them more tools and resources to avoid lethal outcomes so that justice is rendered the proper way and not in the heat of the moment on the street.

But I think what most are advocating for is to give them more tools and resources to avoid lethal outcomes so that justice is rendered the proper way and not in the heat of the moment on the street.

Yea that sounds good in theory but that was originally what tasers were for and two of those were deployed without effect. So the officers were using everything at their disposal to keep the situation from escalating. I feel pretty confident that the officers did not want it to end up how it did. I guess we could develop some kind of Spider-Man type web that officers could deploy over criminals so they could not harm others. I honestly do not know how policeman continue to go to work everyday. They have to deal with the lowest common denominator day in and day out and that .00002 percent of the time someone is actually fatally shot it is plastered all over the news for everyone to criticize.

DM, didn't her boyfriend fire first, (though I don't believe he knew if they were being robbed etc. since it was a no knock warrant).

It's just a bad situation. The boyfriend starts shooting because he legit thinks they are getting ganked, and then the cops open up returning fire, and somewhat of an innocent bystander ends up dead. Would training help this situation???

Last edited:
DM, didn't her boyfriend fire first, (though I don't believe he knew if they were being robbed etc. since it was a no knock warrant).

It's just a bad situation. The boyfriend starts shooting because he legit thinks they are getting ganked, and then the cops open up returning fire, and somewhat of an innocent bystander ends up dead. Would training help this situation???
Reforms on when/if no knock warrants can be used could certainly have helped. The guy they were investigating had already been arrested, but they still went and kicked in his ex gf's door in the middle of the night looking for evidence. The officer who sprayed bullets blindly through the shade on a sliding glass door was fired for violating protocol so better training certainly could have helped prevent that kind of egregious conduct.

2) Require Body Cams
4) End No-Knock Raids
6) Implement Bail Reform
Such a stupid take. Go to Portland and have your cake.

Reactions: Pachuta20
I have a theory that for those that considered Herschel and Bo Jackson equal RB’s , Bo will suddenly surge ahead.
Speaking of, is Curt Schilling’s bloody sock game still a legend?

Bo Jackson: GOAT athlete ever

I could go on ...
He says its sad, but does he condemn it like the police shootings, if not his response is not the same.

So why isn't he currently protesting the violence in Chicago, NYC, Seattle, Minny, etc? He only "speaks up" when it fits into his narrative..
I see you're back to being a ****ing idiot... That didn't take long

He says its sad, but does he condemn it like the police shootings, if not his response is not the same.
I can't imagine being so gd simple that you compare these things.. How does it feel to be that stupid? Please share.

Reforms on when/if no knock warrants can be used could certainly have helped. The guy they were investigating had already been arrested, but they still went and kicked in his ex gf's door in the middle of the night looking for evidence. The officer who sprayed bullets blindly through the shade on a sliding glass door was fired for violating protocol so better training certainly could have helped prevent that kind of egregious conduct.

I'd read that he/they were returning fire. Have you heard differently? I kind of see the need for no knock warrants in certain situations, but I don't see this as a chronic problem that should be lumped in with the general issue where LEO's are quick to shoot blacks, or the ones where cops who are just itching to be able to legally kills blacks, cross the line. However, thinking about it, with no-knock warrants, you've got to EXPECT shoot outs because if ANY OF US hear our door being kicked in, in the middle of the night, we're going to come out blazing trying to protect our families. On second thought, maybe we should stop them altogether.

WTF are you talking about? There is ZERO outrage about the senseless murders of hundreds of innocent black people. ZERO. Are people aware of it? Of course. Have there been protests about it? Hell no. Why are the NBA players not boycotting Chicago? Why is BLM not running continuous protests in the streets of Chicago protesting about these senseless killings? Why have the black city leaders done ZERO to stop any of it? ANYBODY that dismisses the hundreds of murders in this city, vs less than 10 police killings NATIONALLY, is a hypocritical POS.

I wish I could give 100 likes! Virtue signaling libs could care less how many black people die.

Breonna Taylor can no longer talk because the dudes she chose to lay with were criminals, not because she complied.

Do you realize how barbaric & idiotic it is to imply that she deserved to be killed because her boyfriend was under investigation for committing a crime??? No official with the right to use deadly force should be able to kill someone just because they are associated with someone under investigation, or even if they are a convicted felon.

There is certainly truth that we all take risks when we associate with individuals with a higher risk profile, but IMHO, it's wrong to be cold-hearted about it, as if she her death was okay. If she knew her boyfriend may have been in the drug game, then she has to accept some responsibility for the risks, but that doesn't mean that she deserved to lose her life, nor that authorities that we entrust with the right to use deadly force, should be allowed to be careless with it. We're talking about human life here.

Last edited:
Reactions: spilljz
482 in Chicago this year. Where is the outrage? Not police involved so those are ok.

Do you realize that when one critical issue is under discussion and in the spotlight, and someone just randomly throws out some other red herring, it's pure deflection? It's an attempt to avoid discussing the tough issue at hand and draw attention away and play a silly blame game.

Most fair and reasonably objective people understand that when there are a whole pile of serious issues needing to be addressed, you prioritize, and address the biggest, most pressing and pervasive issues first. That is why the racial issues involving life and death, are given priority. There as such a LONG and well documented history where acts of domestic terrorism were allowed, many of which were committed by the very authorities that were supposed to serve and protect. And instead, they just sat and laughed, while American citizens were drug out of their own homes and lynched pretty much at will. These types of terroristic acts and other ingrained inequities were so pervasive and the inequities were reflected in the very laws, policies, minds, hearts and attitudes of the land.

Why can't folks understand why this issue is given more priority than two people getting in a fight over stupidity and killing each other? Again, it's just a cheap cop-out, and attempt to deflect away from the item under discussion as a means of avoiding any responsibility to deal with and/or correct it. Senseless drug spurred violence certainly needs to be dealt with at some point, but it's secondary to the racial issues and attitudes, and in reality, much of it is was caused, and ingrained into the culture by openly racist practices and policies. The entire jacked up AA culture was formed by these horrendous acts and attitudes, now people like you use the resulting malaise to deflect and avoid addressing important issues. It's a type of double-jeopardy.

@j4au_1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT