ADVERTISEMENT

Herschel Walker nails it

Dude, you know what this means.

CircularAgedKangaroo-size_restricted.gif

I don't get takes like this ... LeBron has a narrative. You have a narrative. I have a narrative. LeBron doesn't owe you or the public anything. If you and others don't like what he says ... don't support him. However, don't say that he doesn't speak out on issues affecting the black community.
Did you read Jason Whitlock's latest article and the things James said on twitter without waiting for more facts to be revealed? That's his biggest issue, he wants to push a narrative of fear and doesn't care about the facts or the judicial process to play out. His twitter followers believe what he says and in turn burn down businesses and cities without waiting for more information to come out via an investigation. He needs to understand that with his platform he has a responsibility to not spray BS anecdotes and wait for the legal process to play out before being judge jury and executioner based off a 20 second twitter clip on a cell phone.

Did you read Jason Whitlock's latest article and the things James said on twitter without waiting for more facts to be revealed? That's his biggest issue, he wants to push a narrative of fear and doesn't care about the facts or the judicial process to play out. His twitter followers believe what he says and in turn burn down businesses and cities without waiting for more information to come out via an investigation.
He’s playing you. This is what he does.

He’s playing you. This is what he does.
Yep, good point, I'll just leave this thread now. Thanks for letting this thread to stay around on the Bunker with semi civil discussion especially now that politics and sports have been intertwined in 2020.

So why isn't he currently protesting the violence in Chicago, NYC, Seattle, Minny, etc? He only "speaks up" when it fits into his narrative..
[/QUOTE
Maybe he’s too busy in the playoffs, starting an organization to increase voter turnout, running his foundation that has started a public school and guaranteed free tuition scholarships to college, being a family man, and dozens of other private and public ventures. Lebron walks the walk. He’s done tremendous good for his local community of Akron, and nationally. It’s not up to you to say that unless he disavows everything you think he should disavow, then he does nothing. And a poster has already pointed out LBJ has had a lot to say on this issue.

I don't ever understand this strange "point" that people make. Violence in Chicago is covered on an hourly basis. Google it and 1,000 articles come up. So bizarre. Gun violence is a serious issue in this country. There's outrage all. The. Time.

And explain you're reasoning further if you don't mind. What are you trying to say? Black people kill each other quite often in certain cities so therefore when a police officer is the one that pulls the trigger it's really not that big of a deal?
It’s bc of the gun laws in Chicago is why it’s always brought up

Is it true that the NBA told the players no play-no pay, and then they ended their 1-day protest? It's hard to know where to find truth these days.

You stated it as fact. To pretend that one jury knows more than the lead investigator AND another jury is being deep in the rice fields. Lol. You’re a joke.
FTR I just researched this further, you are correct, I was wrong. The officer asked him to not grab his gun after he began firing not before. I only read the officers statement when I made that first post, which conflicted with video evidence.

Reactions: Stumpfan
For the last five years, the police have fatally shot about 1,000 civilians annually, the vast majority of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. Black people account for about 23% of those shot and killed by police; they are about 13% of the U.S. population.

As of the June 22 update, the Washington Post’s database of fatal police shootings showed 14 unarmed Black victims and 25 unarmed white victims in 2019.
The number of unarmed Black shooting victims is down 63% from 2015, when the database began.

#Facts
Please leave this thread, no one wants you here.
This is sadly true. Unarmed white people get shot as well, but it never becomes a major news story.
This IS an issue, but it is not a racial issue, despite how hard some people want to push it that way.

Did you read Jason Whitlock's latest article and the things James said on twitter without waiting for more facts to be revealed? That's his biggest issue, he wants to push a narrative of fear and doesn't care about the facts or the judicial process to play out. His twitter followers believe what he says and in turn burn down businesses and cities without waiting for more information to come out via an investigation. He needs to understand that with his platform he has a responsibility to not spray BS anecdotes and wait for the legal process to play out before being judge jury and executioner based off a 20 second twitter clip on a cell phone.
Whitlock's got an agenda juzt az James duz. I like WHITLOCK and agree wit hiz azz a lot.
James lozt sum reezpekkt when he sed he wuz HUNTED errytime he left hiz MULTI M ILLYUN DOLLA MANSHUN!!
But, James speeeks out and he haz erry rite too. I don't alwayz agree wit hiz azz, but I ain't gotta problem wit hiz voicing hiz upinyuns.
I've sed dis beefore but it all comes to a coupla thangz:
(1) COPS KWIT KILLING BLACK PEEPEL THAT THAY PULL OVA
(2) BLACK PEEPEL, PLEEEZE COOPERATE WHEN PULLED OVA

If deez two thangz happen, we'll be in GRATE SHAPE.

I don't ever understand this strange "point" that people make. Violence in Chicago is covered on an hourly basis. Google it and 1,000 articles come up. So bizarre. Gun violence is a serious issue in this country. There's outrage all. The. Time.

And explain you're reasoning further if you don't mind. What are you trying to say? Black people kill each other quite often in certain cities so therefore when a police officer is the one that pulls the trigger it's really not that big of a deal?
Gun violence is NOT a serious issue in this country. Only 36,000 people are killed by a gun each year. 22,000 of those are suicides. That leaves a measly 14,000 gun Homicides a year out of a population of 328,000,000+. That is .004% of the population which is as close to zero as possible. Gun violence outside of a very few hot spots is virtually non-existent in this great vast country.

Reactions: j4au_1

Tweet of the year IMO. This is the kind of change that needs to take place. I'd venture a guess that about 99% of Law Enforcement interactions with any citizen ends without being shot because they comply with the officers demands. He also talks about the %1(bad apples) that if a citizen complies, regardless of color, they need to be treated with respect. If you don't agree with the commands of the officers, wait until that exchange is over with and then fight it in court/report to incident. Having an Open hand not a closed fist would go a long way towards mending the two sides. I know Dear Diary, kinda...
Yep...if that had happened none of this would going on...resist and bad things will happen. But, nobody in the media is saying that...

FTR I just researched this further, you are correct, I was wrong. The officer asked him to not grab his gun after he began firing not before. I only read the officers statement when I made that first post, which conflicted with video evidence.
Funny when you've been shitting on Lebron for speaking out before knowing the facts...

This would fall under the %1/bad apples as long as the court process plays out with what we know in that case, currently, Correct? I do agree that more training and MORE FUNDING for Law Enforcement would help address this issue though.
But...important question, very sad what happened to Brieauna Taylor but was it done because she was black and the cops hated black people or was it a bad, bad mistake. If the cops intended to kill her simply because she was black that would be racism...but it was not. Do people really think this kind of stuff only happens to to black people by only white cops? No black cop has ever shot a white person?

Unless it's a no knock raid at the wrong house and you end up dead at the hands of militarized police for NO GOOD REASON

1) End Qualified Immunity
2) Require Body Cams
3) Stop Enforcing Victimless Crimes
4) End No-Knock Raids
5) Stop Militarizing Police
6) Implement Bail Reform
7) End Civil Asset Forfeiture
8) End Mandatory Police Unions
9) Require Cops to Obtain Individual Liability Insurance

Can I write you in for president?

Yep...if that had happened none of this would going on...resist and bad things will happen. But, nobody in the media is saying that...
If you’d said this in colonial America, you’d be ... very unpopular. It’s strange how things turn around over time and some things don’t.

DON’T QUESTION THE REDCOATS!

Your default opinion is that African Americans should be shot if it is deemed necessary. No further justification required. Meanwhile the bodies pile up.
I don't care if you are black, white, green, blue, or red...if you resist and do not do as a police officer says and especially if you reach for a weapon bad things are going to happen. The cop has a family too and wants to go home to them as well. Cooperate, do not resist and things will be ok.

BTW, has anybody said these cops shot these people simply because they were black and they hated black people? NO!!!

Reactions: j4au_1
If you’d said this in colonial America, you’d be ... very unpopular. It’s strange how things turn around over time and some things don’t.

DON’T QUESTION THE REDCOATS!
Ever heard the phrase "apples and oranges". So your saying we need a revolution because of what everybody is saying is "police brutality". Trust me I question and want to limit our government all the time about many things. But to compare these events to the colonies rebelling against a tyrant king is silly. Again, please tell me these bad things happened to these guys simply because they were black and the police officer hated black people. Please tell me that a white person has never been shot by police in the same type scenarios that has our nation in an uproar. My Father taught me...it's not so much about not being at the wrong place at the wrong time to stay out of trouble, it's more about being at the right place at the right time.

Better yet why don’t you become a cop and get back to us in a year.?

I'm not cop material because I couldn't enforce rules of law that are unconstititional. I wouldn't want to be that kind of person that agrees to do what these folks are asked to do these days. I'd be more interested in being a judge and holding more folks accountable AND throwing some of this horseschit out of court.

Reactions: StatsMatter

Tweet of the year IMO. This is the kind of change that needs to take place. I'd venture a guess that about 99% of Law Enforcement interactions with any citizen ends without being shot because they comply with the officers demands. He also talks about the %1(bad apples) that if a citizen complies, regardless of color, they need to be treated with respect. If you don't agree with the commands of the officers, wait until that exchange is over with and then fight it in court/report to incident. Having an Open hand not a closed fist would go a long way towards mending the two sides. I know Dear Diary, kinda...

Absolutely nailed it!...

Unless it's a no knock raid at the wrong house and you end up dead at the hands of militarized police for NO GOOD REASON

2) Require Body Cams
4) End No-Knock Raids
6) Implement Bail Reform

There is a lot to agree with here and it’s clear that you’ve thought about the issue more than most. But I believe 1, 3, 7, and 9 are bad ideas.

Qualified immunity is necessary not just for officers but for nurses and doctors etc. Abolishing it would likely have no quantifiable effect on police shootings, and the defense likely is unavailable in the cases people most talk about anyways. I can discuss this in great detail, with specific examples of why qualified immunity is necessary for a functioning government, but If you want that I’d suggest you start a thread on the politics board, where this is probably going.

Not enforcing victimless crimes is too vague to be meaningful. If you don’t want a crime enforced, the legislature should amend the criminal statutes to decriminalize the behavior. DUI’s for example are victimless crimes, until they’re not.

Civil asset forfeiture is important for at least certain crimes for deterrence purposes, which people don’t think about. For example, why do you want Bernie Madoff to keep his assets used in defrauding billions from average people? I don’t oppose changing civil forfeiture rules but you should use a scalpel not an axe.

Requiring individual insurance for officers is a bad idea because the costs will not be reasonable for many given their pay, and this would be particularly true if your other suggestions are adopted. In addition, with the broadened understanding of vicarious liability in most jurisdictions, it’s unnecessary.

Finally, “militarizing police“ is a thorny issue. The devil is in the details. Patrol officers should not be “militarized” and generally they are not or only a select few are. And I think SWAT style units are overused and/or misused and/or in the worst instances out of control cowboys. But there is a need for more than a sidearm and shotgun in some instances. For a famous example, look at the North Hollywood shootout. This is another area where a scalpel rather than an axe should be used.

Last edited:
I'm not cop material because I couldn't enforce rules of law that are unconstititional. I wouldn't want to be that kind of person that agrees to do what these folks are asked to do these days. I'd be more interested in being a judge and holding more folks accountable AND throwing some of this horseschit out of court.
I hope as judge you would follow the law whether you thought it was horseschit or not.

2) Require Body Cams
4) End No-Knock Raids
6) Implement Bail Reform

I didn’t know that Todd Hagopian posted on the Bunker, but I agree with him/you.

I hope as judge you would follow the law whether you thought it was horseschit or not.

let's just say I wouldn't fall in line and side with these proven liars that cover each others @ss

There are many different ways used to interpret the law.

I didn’t know that Todd Hagopian post on the Bunker, but I agree with him/you.

There you go .... now you know who to vote for. There should be no debate without this guy in it.

Can I write you in for president?

write in this dude if he's not on our ballot...... Todd Hagopian

Reactions: MattAU05
"every power we grant the government in the service of our political goals can and will be used against us. ".....Jeff Deist

American Police Forces Were Created to Fight Rioters. But Police Probably Made Things Worse.

There is a lot to agree with here and it’s clear that you’ve thought about the issue more than most. But I believe 1, 3, 7, and 9 are bad ideas.

Qualified immunity is necessary not just for officers but for nurses and doctors etc. Abolishing it would likely have no quantifiable effect on police shootings, and the defense likely is unavailable in the cases people most talk about anyways. I can discuss this in great detail, with specific examples of why qualified immunity is necessary for a functioning government, but If you want that I’d suggest you start a thread on the politics board, where this is probably going.

Not enforcing victimless crimes is too vague to be meaningful. If you don’t want a crime enforced, the legislature should amend the criminal statutes to decriminalize the behavior. DUI’s for example are victimless crimes, until they’re not.

Civil asset forfeiture is important for at least certain crimes for deterrence purposes, which people don’t think about. For example, why do you want Bernie Madoff to keep his assets used in defrauding billions from average people? I don’t oppose changing civil forfeiture rules but you should use a scalpel not an axe.

Requiring individual insurance for officers is a bad idea because the costs will not be reasonable for many given their pay, and this would be particularly true if your other suggestions are adopted. In addition, with the broadened understanding of vicarious liability in most jurisdictions, it’s unnecessary.

Finally, “militarizing police“ is a thorny issue. The devil is in the details. Patrol officers should not be “militarized” and generally they are not or only a select few are. And I think SWAT style units are overused and/or misused and/or in the worst instances out of control cowboys. But there is a need for more than a sidearm and shotgun in some instances. For a famous example, look at the North Hollywood shootout. This is another area where a scalpel rather than an axe should be used.

I couldn't agree more. Some points I agree with and others deserve further discussion.

Reactions: Big Blue
Uh oh.... I thought we must have been in the "Everything Else" forum

Didn't realize it was in the bunker. I apologize for contributing to what seems like could be defined as a forbidden political thread on the bunker. I was just checking back from continual alerts!

Yikes!!

Needz to be anutha wun DAWG"

TEEECH BLACK AND WHITE PEEPEL NOT TO RESIST ARREST!!!!
We got PLENTY a problems rite now, but resisting arrezt iz beeecoming a HUGE ISSUE.
Disrespect of authority in general has become a huge issue. Kids aren't taught to respect people (elders, teachers, police, etc...), and they grow up to be adults who respect no one. People don't like to be told what to do. Hell, I don't like being told what to do. But my parents taught me how to play the game. I know who I can tell to GFY, and I know who I can't. Teachers were always on the "no GFY list", as were police. Everyone else was apt to fall into the GFY list.

When in doubt, be Eddie Haskell...outwardly compliant while your inner dialogue is full of expletives...
eddie-haskell.jpg

Bigger issues at stake here, IMO. First, everyone, I will repeat this EVERYONE has preconceived ideas and thoughts on these issues. The problem becomes when we rush to the decision by the court of public opinion, not based off the "totality of the circumstances." Media is so rushed to be FIRST, not RIGHT. Then sprinkle in hot button, racially charges narratives, and the Titanic is headed for the iceberg at warp speed. Breonna Taylor is a great example. "Wrong house, was not involved, has not seen the dude," all rallying cries within days of the incident. Now, more is coming out (see below) that contradicts that. Pretty certain she was named in those indictments as well. But either way, many have already made up there minds. We as a society (EVERYONE) can get so fixiated on the story, not the facts, especially when it fits our agenda. And for all the "defund police" types, ever gone to a scenario based training by the Police/Sheriff's Office? How many here have been in a fight for their life, as they perceived it, not 20/20 hindsight (Graham v. Connor, 490 U.S. 386 (1989))? How many here know Grahm v. Connor case?

Just my thoughts, as I wait for my weekend to start. Kerryon (hope this is correct, when in Rome and all)

Reactions: audeuce02
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT