ADVERTISEMENT

Here is what an Ole Miss fan said about Freeze. Thoughts?

RistDownAU

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
He’s a good offensive mind who was on the cutting edge several years ago, but his recruiting success (which was overblown) was largely due to the staff that Orgeron and Ole Miss people put together for him. Chris Kiffin, Matt Luke, Wes McGriff, Derrick Nix, and the GOAT Barney Farrar (currently under show cause). He supplemented that with two veteran coordinators that kept things on the rails until they decided to retire. He’s not getting any of those guys at Auburn other than maybe McGriff. His biggest pure football coach problem is putting a staff together. He is not well connected and not really well-liked. But that might be what the mafia in Auburn prefers since they’d want to put together his staff anyway.

He would crawl over broken glass to get another SEC job. I’m sure he’s learned from some of his mistakes and will be more focused. I’m also sure a lot of stuff from his past (reported and unreported) would start surfacing the minute he got hired.

His recruiting success at Ole Miss was blown wildly out of proportion by people who got their feelings hurt for some reason. The recruiting class that got everyone mad finished 7th. That’s it. And it’s because they got flat out lucky with Nkemdiche and then decided to throw a little money around to capitalize. The other classes were in the teens and 20s where Ole Miss always is. I’m sure he’d recruit better than Harris, but I’d temper expectations there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.