ADVERTISEMENT

Here is a link for you to purchase Auburn Unity shirts for the whole family ...

Perhaps the idea is that increasing diversity at the university creates greater unity in that there are more opportunities to build personal relationships with people of different races.

You could reach out to those promoting this initiative and talk to them about it. It would take some level of effort, but I believe the idea is to have an open mind and generate conversation about something people feel is impacting their lives.

Or you could just have your mind made up and this country can continue to spin its wheels. That seems to be going really well right now

How about you just don’tlay attention to skin color and do what you want without hearing a bunch of dipshits tell you what you should do?

I’d rather wear an I’m with her shirt.

Actually I wouldn’t...I’m just being grumpy.

Last edited:
Real question

What exactly are we not united on? What are we trying to unite?

If I don’t agree that there is systematic racism and I believe the fear of police is absolutely based in rhetoric and ancedotes over facts does that mean I’m not united?

Are we uniting in humanity or are we uniting in political or social ideology?

If you don’t believe there are still the remnants of systemic racism in America, it’s because you’re ignorant of the history of our nation’s political and legal systems. It isn’t just a theory. It is a fact. And “history” doesn’t mean the 1880s. The first child to go to an integrated school is not even 70 yet. And awful, racially motivated drug laws were passed in the 80s and 90s. This isn’t long a go history, this is recent history that still deeply effects minority populations. I’m not sure why people try to deny that.

Does that mean we need a bunch of government intervention to fix it? No, but we should acknowledge the harm these policies have caused to a large segment of our fellows citizens and repeal those policies and laws still on the books.

If you don’t believe there are still the remnants of systemic racism in America, it’s because you’re ignorant of the history of our nation’s political and legal systems. It isn’t just a theory. It is a fact. And “history” doesn’t mean the 1880s. The first child to go to an integrated school is not even 70 yet. And awful, racially motivated drug laws were passed in the 80s and 90s. This isn’t long a go history, this is recent history that still deeply effects minority populations. I’m not sure why people try to deny that.

Does that mean we need a bunch of government intervention to fix it? No, but we should acknowledge the harm these policies have caused to a large segment of our fellows citizens and repeal those policies and laws still on the books.

So the only way to change for the better is to not care about skin color going forward right? If people didn’t care about skin color, imagine what else we could argue about or unite about?

Yet somehow it seems skin color is a large talking point in the media, news, message boards, etc...

Reactions: AUzad
I’ll keep an eye out for das “systemic racism” in and around Auburn, Alabama, TX heck the United States of America. In the unlikely event there is ever systemic racism I’ll buy my entire community (The Woodlands, TX) and Herbie a damn unity t-shirt and then... things will be better. El Oh Freaking El. Oh and War Damn Eagle!

Reactions: Korn6
So the only way to change for the better is to not care about skin color going forward right? If people didn’t care about skin color, imagine what else we could argue about or unite about?

Yet somehow it seems skin color is a large talking point in the media, news, message boards, etc...

So you agree that there are many modern day remnants of racist policies still present in our political, legal and educational systems that need to be done away with, right?

As to just ignoring race, that would be great, and I hope we get to that point. But race matters when we have horrible laws and policies with racist origins still on the books and we aren’t doing much to fix them. And these things disproportionately affect people of color, so of course there’s a focus on that fact. And there absolutely are still significant sources of racism in America. Should we pretend like it isn’t happening?

But look, I sympathize with frustration at how everything is made about race. Racial motivations are invented where they don’t exist and inserted where they have no place. But racial issues in higher education aren’t a relic of the past that’s been done away with, neither are racial issues in the criminal justice system. Those are areas where a focus on race is appropriate. I would prefer a focus on policies rather than identity politics, butI also understand how they can go hand in hand with some issues.

And no, a shirt isn’t going to eliminate centuries of discrimination in America. It won’t fix much. It is just a symbol. But it is t a bad one.

Please tell me about crack cocaine vs powder so I can own you

Maybe I don’t understand what the term systemic racism means or we believe it’s different things.

I dont belive there is any SYSTEM today that is in place that oppresses any group. I also believe social justice is the antithesis of actual justice

And while I don’t agree with all the stringent drug laws I think it’s pretty racist to assume that black people cant just not do drugs so we made laws to hurt them only. It’s aboutthe same as saying it’s racist to want a picture ID to vote because black people cant get a license or something. It’s soft bigotry

My new onesie...

611bpHSB+TL._AC_UL320_.jpg
I own that in black and wear it like a boss.

Reactions: orientalthunder
Does it have a white hand interlocked with a red, yellow, or brown hand? Just wondering if we are uniting with them also or if it’s an us versus them thing

It should, but unfortunately, that doesn't fit the narrative...

I will follow Bruce and give him money. The shirt is ugly, do not want
The grey one isn’t bad.
I would have place the clasped hands/heart on the left chest with “family” under it and put the message on the full back with a small AU logo below the collar.
They didn’t ask me, though.

Examples of homemade sin?
Wut in da SAM HAYUL iz “HOME MADE SIN?”
Best explanation I found explained that Southerners regard sin as ugly and “homemade” as lesser quality. I think “homemade” should have a positive connotation, but in this sense it means cheap/jerry-rigged.

So, uglier than cheap shit 🤣

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT