ADVERTISEMENT

Help this BS make sense please....

WHDeerEng

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2020
My oldest son got his first job out of college 2 years ago, part of his compensation was a company paid phone.... Prior to that he had been on my plan since he was 10, all iphones, all bought outright and plans on Verizon. He got a new job over the holidays and turned in his notice, no problem, they told him he could keep the phone and his number, just get it moved into his name, great, except someone didn't get the memo and the last morning he worked it was turned off. No big deal right? Nothing was said, he's just trying to be decent because they were really good to him in his time there.

He goes to Verizon, buys a new iphone that takes 2 weeks to get delivered and adds his name to his fiancé's account. No big deal right? He gets the phone yesterday and starts getting it setup, now the big deal!! He no longer has access to the old number and they can't get it back, the one involved in the 2 factor ID.

Here's the gripe, no matter if you are standing in the apple corporate office in front of the CEO with your damn blood type, they will not send that code to you thru any other means than what is setup... But he can use his ID, password and email to verify himself over the phone and they will look at his account and discuss it with him, just won't send the code to the email that has been on his account since he was 10(26 now)!!! They will use that same email to go thru this "recovery process, the email that's been on his account for 16 years, but won't let him in his phone to get his backup for apps, contacts, etc. So tell me how you can verify someone to discuss their account and communicate with them thru a process to "recover" the account thru that email, the one that has been on the account for 16 yrs but you cant take 60 seconds and send that code to that email????? Am I missing something???

Oh and the kicker, IT'LL TAKE ABOUT 30 M....F'ing DAYS TO GO THRU THIS "REVOVERY" PROCESS.......

They will literally spend hours "recovering & verifying" his account, all done thru an email, but won't take 60 seconds and send that code to the same email and be done....WTF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.