ADVERTISEMENT

Help me out here

Yeah, I heard about several times while I was a student. I never really paid attention. Something like, "step on a crack, break your mother's back." It's a superstition thing. The version I heard had something to do with not walking across it with your significant other, because you're doomed to break up. Something like that. I only saw it as a student when I was an visual arts major going to Biggin Hall, but once I changed my major, most of my classes were at 'the beautiful' Haley Center, so didn't see it much (or even really think about it much). There maybe a newer superstition, but I don't know it. That's the only one I can remember.

I wasn't laughing at the story. I was laughing at your continued obsession with all things Auburn.

Originally posted by nudbud:
I wasn't laughing at the story. I was laughing at your continued obsession with all things Auburn.
It made the news and I was curious. Where else would one go to discuss something about Auburn? I saw another article that made the news that was less complimentary. We could discuss that one if you'd rather.

question.r191677.gif

If it is anything to do with Auburn you can bet your ass you will talk about it. You are simply obsessed.

Like I said, billy, the 'doomed to break up one' is the only superstition I knew of, but I've not heard of the one you're referencing, and I live here. So, yeah, there's that. Kind of like the stories that Bryce State Psychiatric Hospital used to allow their patients to wander UAT campus, oh wait . . . that one is actually true. Never mind. But don't worry, they weren't the forensic psych patients, those were kept down the road at Taylor-Harden, so I'm sure it was okay. I'm sure the mojo at UAT is just fine. BTW what did they do with all the graves of the psych patients who died at Bryce? Did they move that entire grave yard off campus or did they just move the headstones like they did in 'Poltergeist'?

Originally posted by AU-USCGrad:
Like I said, billy, the 'doomed to break up one' is the only superstition I knew of, but I've not heard of the one you're referencing, and I live here. So, yeah, there's that. Kind of like the stories that Bryce State Psychiatric Hospital used to allow their patients to wander UAT campus, oh wait . . . that one is actually true. Never mind. But don't worry, they weren't the forensic psych patients, those were kept down the road at Taylor-Harden, so I'm sure it was okay. I'm sure the mojo at UAT is just fine. BTW what did they do with all the graves of the psych patients who died at Bryce? Did they move that entire grave yard off campus or did they just move the headstones like they did in 'Poltergeist'?
You are much better at this than nudbud.

I have no idea about moving any graves. I do know there is a graveyard across the street from Bryant-Denny to the south, which I've always found to be kind of weird.

LOL, yup, I know how to play this game. And, I really did wonder what they did with those graves. Kind of freaky really.

What about all of those bricks that fall out of Denny Chimes each time a virgin walks by? Last time I looked, they were all still in place.

Now run on back and join that other registered idiot on the Pony.
mad0007.r191677.gif

Dang Mobala you have done it now. He will come back and call you names.

Originally posted by mobala_tiger62:
What about all of those bricks that fall out of Denny Chimes each time a virgin walks by? Last time I looked, they were all still in place.

Now run on back and join that other registered idiot on the Pony.
mad0007.r191677.gif
LOL, I've heard the exact same thing about the lathe at Auburn, supposedly it will start spinning if a virgin Auburn co-ed walks by. I can't recall anyone seeing it turn in the years my Aub side of the family has been around.

Nice try though, your technique is improving. USCGrad still has you beat though.

Dang Mobala you have done it now. He will come back and call you names.
Actually you have called me the same name repeatedly this week. I guess that's "different"?

Sorry thing aren't going well for you lately. Prayers lifted it will get better for you.

Please show me where I said it was different. You have been coming here for a while making your little jabs and when someone comes back on your ass you try to put it on them like you do nothing wrong. Maybe you and AU-USC Grad can be buddies but not very many other people want your whiny ass on this board. I promise you will not be missed if you will stay away. But you cannot stay away. You are obsessed with all things Auburn.
This post was edited on 4/9 7:01 PM by nudbud

Please show me where I said it was different. You have been coming here for a while making your little jabs and when someone comes back on your ass you try to put it on them like you do nothing wrong. Maybe you and AU-USC Grad can be buddies but not very many other people want your whiny ass on this board. I promise you will not be missed if you will stay away. But you cannot stay away. You are obsessed with all things Auburn.
This post was edited on 4/9 7:01 PM by nudbud
Why not let loose of the schoolgirl drama and answer my original question?

LOL. See what I mean. You just can't stay away and then you come back with the name calling. You just can't help yourself. Just like clockwork. I will await your next genius reply.

LOL. See what I mean. You just can't stay away and then you come back with the name calling. You just can't help yourself. Just like clockwork. I will await your next genius reply.
Where was there namecalling? The comment was critical of your behavior. Now why not answer my original question? You are the one who has dodged it since the beginning and hurled insults at me instead.

Seems like the thing for you is a mirror.

What question do you want answered? If it is about the curse I have no idea. You found the link that explained a lot about it. I would think it is something done just to establish a tradition for Auburn students.
This post was edited on 4/10 6:25 AM by nudbud

Feelings not hurt at all. I agree with you. I'm just calling em like I see em with you. You always have been an asshole and always will be.
Billy's only problem is he is a latent homo. If he can ever build up the courage to "come out" - and Billy, your annual trip to Vegas during Gay Days (he actual bragged about his trip last year on another board....LOL) does not count - he will be a much better poster.

Billy's only problem is he is a latent homo. If he can ever build up the courage to "come out" - and Billy, your annual trip to Vegas during Gay Days (he actual bragged about his trip last year on another board....LOL) does not count - he will be a much better poster.

LOL - Honk is always the first person to pull out the gay card. Nobody knew Gay Days was even a thing until Honk told us all about it.

A great tip: Most of what Honk posts are lies. It's the price you pay for smoking all that weed, I suppose.

Glad we are on the same page. I'll continue being an asshole while you continue being a beta male/vagina.
We'll just have to agree then. Most everybody I know likes pussy, but not many like an asshole. Well maybe everyone except you.

There's a big difference between liking something and being something. Surely they taught you that at Auburn...
Well I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt with what Honked said about you, but with our comment here he may be on to something. Did you really go to a gay convention? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Well I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt with what Honked said about you, but with our comment here he may be on to something. Did you really go to a gay convention? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Nope, like I said I never heard of this Gay Days thing until Honk brought it to the other board trying to flame me. Nobody believed it then, I guess he's trying again to see if you will bite.

As for my comment, let me spell it out for you. Whether you like pussy or not has nothing to do with whether you are a pussy. Make sense? I say yes to the first option and no to the second. Seems simple enough to me.

Nope, like I said I never heard of this Gay Days thing until Honk brought it to the other board trying to flame me. Nobody believed it then, I guess he's trying again to see if you will bite.

As for my comment, let me spell it out for you. Whether you like pussy or not has nothing to do with whether you are a pussy. Make sense? I say yes to the first option and no to the second. Seems simple enough to me.
Quit lying, Butthorn-Billy. You told the board you were going to Vegas "next week." I googled Vegas events for that week and Gay Days came up. After sharing that with the board, Billy didn't post for 3 days. Then he changed his story as to when he was going.....= BUSTED!!!!:D

Quit lying, Butthorn-Billy. You told the board you were going to Vegas "next week." I googled Vegas events for that week and Gay Days came up. After sharing that with the board, Billy didn't post for 3 days. Then he changed his story as to when he was going.....= BUSTED!!!!:D

Incorrect. I did ask the board for good places for dinner in Vegas. The rest is your own fabrication and homophobic (perhaps closet case?) tendencies rearing their ugly head.

That's ok, you can still talk about how you use peanut butter in your household.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT