ADVERTISEMENT

Had Dylan Moses enter the 2020 draft, he was projected a late 1st/early second round pick

cookedw

Bunker Legend
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Instead, chose to go back to bama for another year, and is still available in the 6th

Ouch

he get injured or what? Don’t remember.

He got injured either and missed or most of 2019 season. Was coming off a great 2018 season. Was still project 1st or 2nd round.

Came back and was awful this past season

Reactions: bobo16 and AUzad
Instead, chose to go back to bama for another year, and is still available in the 6th

Ouch

I always hate it when kids don't strike while the poker is hot, and end up getting hurt or otherwise missing out on a payday. We love for them to come back and entertain us, and help our teams, but it's never enjoyable to see a kid miss out. I hope he can catch on and work his way back to form the way the Notre Dame LB did, (Jalen), with Dallas.

Not that I’m a football analyst but his coverage skills were not good, like he was a huge liability not good.
However I say good on him for getting his degree.

Reactions: Hornacious
I always hate it when kids don't strike while the poker is hot, and end up getting hurt or otherwise missing out on a payday. We love for them to come back and entertain us, and help our teams, but it's never enjoyable to see a kid miss out. I hope he can catch on and work his way back to form the way the Notre Dame LB did, (Jalen), with Dallas.
I think the kid from Notre Dame was still drafted in the second round so his leash was relatively long. Unfortunately for Moses, this late in the draft if he doesn’t produce from jump he’ll likely get cut. Definitely hate it for the young man, as he was blessed with all the talent in the world.

I think the kid from Notre Dame was still drafted in the second round so his leash was relatively long. Unfortunately for Moses, this late in the draft if he doesn’t produce from jump he’ll likely get cut. Definitely hate it for the young man, as he was blessed with all the talent in the world.
And Jaylon Smith is a huge liability in coverage and I know it’s because of his knee

No doubt. I wasn't at all saying that their situations were the same, as there is a HUGE difference when a team has money invested in you. As you said, unfortunately, if he doesn't produce right off, he's GONE. They drafted Jalen with the intention to let him take his time to fully rehab, and then hopefully get a high first round talent, at a bargain price, (and it worked out for both parties).

I just mentioned him because he was a kid who got hurt badly, but it still worked out for him, (not because their situations were the same, because they clearly aren't).

No doubt. I wasn't at all saying that their situations were the same, as there is a HUGE difference when a team has money invested in you. As you said, unfortunately, if he doesn't produce right off, he's GONE. They drafted Jalen with the intention to let him take his time to fully rehab, and then hopefully get a high first round talent, at a bargain price, (and it worked out for both parties).

I just mentioned him because he was a kid who got hurt badly, but it still worked out for him, (not because their situations were the same, because they clearly aren't).

Moses would have been Jaylin Smith Part Deux had him come out after last season.

Per my buddy at UA, he’s an A+ kid with a psycho dad. Never physically or mentally got over his injuries. Look for him to GA at Bama when he’s done playing.
ROOOOOOOMERS two day that heeez gettting a 12 MILLLLY INSURANCE pay out foe not gettin drafted.
I rememba them talking about an insurance policy wit hiz azz lazt yeer.
If he got 12 MILLLLY, good on him

ROOOOOOOMERS two day that heeez gettting a 12 MILLLLY INSURANCE pay out foe not gettin drafted.

On top of the REC resigning bonus!

Reactions: Docdumpsta
I thought the only way to collect on those is if you never play again due to injuries (which would make him ineligible to collect since he played last year).

Reactions: Auburntigers01
I thought the only way to collect on those is if you never play again due to injuries (which would make him ineligible to collect since he played last year).
I have no idea any details. Juzt was told that Moses’s dad was some type of attorney or something and took out an insurance plan in case he wasn’t drafted.
I don’t even know if it’s true.

Iz that TRUE??
I try to tell folkz ERRY YEER that thoze ALL SEC TEAMS are a joke.
BARRETT JONES wuz on the ALL SEC TEEM when hiz azz wuz a sophomore IN HIGH SKOOOOL!!
Bro I was third team All SEC and I played tennis

Moses knees and shoulders must be made of swiss cheese.

That is the standard/typical policy, but if you're willing to pay the premiums, I wouldn't be surprised if you could come up with all kinds of custom elements and features.

Reactions: 1959 and Daddy4?
Not true... The policies are typically based on an agreed upon draft status. Payment would be the difference in a first round slot and the actual draft position. Jaylon Smith for the Cowboys collected on his even though he was drafted in the second round.

How does a player that played a season and got drafted poorly collect on an insurance policy?

He got hurt in 2019, not 2020.

If they are actually good and don't get injured they still get drafted high or higher...some just turn out to not be so good. Ohio St corner in the same situation...came back and got exposed...went in the 5th or 6th round instead of first or second.

Reactions: anon_xdkqbpnrbtnct
ADVERTISEMENT