ADVERTISEMENT

Gunshots at nats Padres game

We all know that this was a false story because DC is a very gun controled city and guns can’t be there. Anyone who wants to do gun mischief would have realized this not gotten a gun.

Guns are too available in this country. Why are the amounts of gun related violence so incredibly high?
Gun violence is significantly lower now than it was 30 years ago. From the early 90s to the early 10s, gun deaths dropped by half, all while gun availability drastically increased. Gun violence has ticked up a bit very recently, primarily due to reduction in policing. The perception of gun violence has drastically increased because making people afraid of guns is a big part of the agenda of the people who control the vast majority of the flow of information in the country.

yes, The stadium is nice. Personally, I wouldn’t go to a night game there not being a local.
Seriously? The green line drops you right off at the stadium and there are tons of bars and restaurants right there too. It's quite safe. This whole event is pretty anamolous. When I lived in DC I used to bike down the Potomac and go to games

Reactions: Jimbo_PCB and aler
There is a way to fix these problems..

200.gif

Reactions: WarDamnCockerel
Please break down the percentage of gun owners who commit gun related crimes. Then further break this down between legally and illegally purchased firearms. Thank you.
Speaking in terms of mass shootings only, in which 4 or more people were killed there are some stats available. Since the 1966 University of Texas sniper killings, 1,322 people have died in incidents by 189 shooters. 360 guns were used. 188 of those guns were obtained legally. 62 were obtained illegally and the rest were undetermined. The number of mass shooting victims is only a fraction of the number of killings.

Reactions: aler and Big Blue
Please break down the percentage of gun owners who commit gun related crimes. Then further break this down between legally and illegally purchased firearms. Thank you.
Isn’t anyone who commits a gun crime a gun owner by definition?

Speaking in terms of mass shootings only, in which 4 or more people were killed there are some stats available. Since the 1966 University of Texas sniper killings, 1,322 people have died in incidents by 189 shooters. 360 guns were used. 188 of those guns were obtained legally. 62 were obtained illegally and the rest were undetermined. The number of mass shooting victims is only a fraction of the number of killings.

since you like math do this, take out the gun violence in the gun free zones such as Chicago, Gary, St. Louis, LA, Baltimore, Detroit… - and tell us where we rank in the world in gun violence.

also tell us how many times a year guns are used to protect innocent people. As well as the number of times guns are used to stop evil people.

then we can talk.

Guns are too available in this country. Why are the amounts of gun related violence so incredibly high?
You are right, they are available just as they should be. My safe does not have room for another gun and I have somehow managed to not shoot a single person nor participate in a random act of violence using any of them. The problem is some folks just don’t know how to act.

If gun ownership and possession are two different things (which I agree) then wouldn't that closely correspond to illegal vs legal purchasing? In other words, if I illegally purchase a gun on a black market and kill someone, that would be considered possession, not ownership. To me there is also no difference between someone stealing a gun and illegally purchasing a gun. I'm not sure if this is really pertinent though.

You are right, they are available just as they should be. My safe does not have room for another gun and I have somehow managed to not shoot a single person nor participate in a random act of violence using any of them. The problem is some folks just don’t know how to act.
So it's a culture problem specifically in the US?

since you like math do this, take out the gun violence in the gun free zones such as Chicago, Gary, St. Louis, LA, Baltimore, Detroit… - and tell us where we rank in the world in gun violence.

also tell us how many times a year guns are used to protect innocent people. As well as the number of times guns are used to stop evil people.

then we can talk.
Why don't you do it?

ADVERTISEMENT