ADVERTISEMENT

Great tweet on how the vaccines are performing

Just got shot #1 (Moderna) and scheduled the second dose for 3/2. No negatives to speak of, feel fine. My wife had her first shot yesterday (also Moderna) and her only complaint was that her arm was pretty sore yesterday/this morning. They recommended we take Tylenol for any soreness and NOT Advil/Ibuprofen.
My father got his second moderna yesterday. Felt a touch flushed but nothing heavy, feels good this morning with a little arm soreness.

Reactions: DM8
Honest question D. Did I EVER say someone told me that folks were "more likely to get seriously ill or die" from the vaccine than contracting C-19??? If I didn't say or remotely imply that, why bring such a strawman into the mix???

Lastly, can you say without a doubt, that we are 100% sure that there will be no medium, and/or long term negative impacts from this completely new types of vaccines, (i.e. mRNA and DNA vaccines)??? If you can't do that, how can you make such a definitive statement? If you're only talking about the immediate safety, then you should qualify it as such. That's the type of honesty and full disclosure I'd like to see.

While we ALWAYS want to see science advance and help society and mankind out, we're always foolishly, somewhat blindly rushing ahead, looking 1 foot off of the ground with a relatively myopic perspective, while furiously ripping the lid off of Pandora's box. When the reality is that we don't understand enough of the full ramifications and impacts of our actions.

Don't deceive the general public and act as if this thing is 100% airtight, and glad-hand it as if there are 0 risks because we want as many as possible to take it. Provide as much information as possible, advise, but then allow folks to make informed decisions for themselves.
You are pushing anti-vax nonsense. Claiming that we need long term studies on the vaccine before anyone can safely take it is absurd. Doctors are not "blindly rushing ahead" by recommending people take this vaccine because the science makes it clear that any risk from the vaccine is drastically outweighed by the risk posed by COVID. No one is deceiving the public as coverage of the vaccine has frequently discussed the possible side effects. Your approach to this is ludicrous and its the reason large numbers of people are going to refuse to take vaccine which will keep this pandemic going.

Last edited:
Influenza vaccine research and design, specifically live attenuated Influenza vaccine virus candidates.

*my thoughts are my own and do not represent the opinion of my employer*
Should we listen to this guy who researches vaccines for a living or the anti-vax folks who have have read every reddit thread on why vaccines can't be safely taken until there's a decade of research proving their safety? I am really torn.

Sure, but why should I trust your opinion more than the YouTube video my aunt shared about the vaccine causing AIDS?
Look bro, do you have any 10 year studies proving the vaccine doesn't cause AIDs and/or Ebola? If not, you'd best stop telling everyone to rush headlong to their deaths by taking this vaccine.

Should we listen to this guy who researches vaccines for a living or the anti-vax folks who have have read every reddit thread on why vaccines can't be safely taken until there's a decade of research proving their safety? I am really torn.
the mRNA initial platform for this was used to develop a SARS vaccine years ago, went through loads of testing and wouldve shown long-term deleterious effects by now if there were any. That’s how they were able to “fast track“ this vaccine at least In the phase 1 trials

the mRNA initial platform for this was used to develop a SARS vaccine years ago, went through loads of testing and wouldve shown long-term deleterious effects by now if there were any. That’s how they were able to “fast track“ this vaccine at least In the phase 1 trials
Really appreciate your professional input in this thread. It's a shame so many people get on the group think train of doubt for this vaccine, while it has been proven over and over to be a safe way to mitigate this virus.

Really appreciate your professional input in this thread. It's a shame so many people get on the group think train of doubt for this vaccine, while it has been proven over and over to be a safe way to mitigate this virus.

i’m glad to share any info I have if it can help diffuse conspiracy nonsense. All I can do is give my $0.02 and people can take it or leave it. To that end, I work amongst a collective group of certified geniuses/SME’s in areas ranging from virology, molecular genetics, immunology and all levels of vaccine experts and not one of them have any reservations about taking the COVID vaccine from either of the avail currently.

Last edited:
hE jUsT wAnT's fAiR rEpOrTiNg!!!

I laid out the worst case scenario, Smallpox vaccine ITT, then 4 pages later @au4life_rz wants to talk about how we forgot about old school vaccines.

Using the worst case numbers in history, still better than COVID. Life it about risk reduction and avoidance. Nothing is perfectly "safe".

Reactions: DM8 and gatorz1209
Yeah but has anyone who took this vaccine been followed up on 20 years later to prove they didn’t turn into a lizard person? If not, you’re just recklessly guessing that it’s safe.

Reactions: gatorz1209
I laid out the worst case scenario, Smallpox vaccine ITT, then 4 pages later @au4life_rz wants to talk about how we forgot about old school vaccines.

Using the worst case numbers in history, still better than COVID. Life it about risk reduction and avoidance. Nothing is perfectly "safe".
Agree to disagree. We need long term studies showing that not only the vaccine is perfectly safe 100% of the time, we also need to see that no one who took it died within a decade of any cause just to err on the side of caution. Never mind that half million people have already died from covid in the US. This MRNA nonsense could turn everyone who takes it into a lizard.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorz1209
Just got shot #1 (Moderna) and scheduled the second dose for 3/2. No negatives to speak of, feel fine. My wife had her first shot yesterday (also Moderna) and her only complaint was that her arm was pretty sore yesterday/this morning. They recommended we take Tylenol for any soreness and NOT Advil/Ibuprofen.

Nick, what are your general thoughts on this thing, (i.e. Covid)? It really has a LOT of weird quirks in so many different ways. I'm especially surprised by its ability to infect so many different types of cells. It has a MUCH wider range of cells to exploit from the typical epithelial cells, to weird blood, heart, internal organ impacts and on and on, (I guess by primarily by targeting ACE2 instead of the typical glycan α2,3-α2,6-α2,8 linkages).

Then, beyond typical ACE2 rich infections, you see evidence of COVID brain (nerves), COVID toes (skin), COVID eyes, hair cells in the cochlea, (leading to hearing loss). I mean, what gives??? There are SO many oddities, across so many different areas and degrees.

@mrhickory @stevesawbone, please chime in as well

Last edited:
Nick, what are your general thoughts on this thing, (i.e. Covid)? It really has a LOT of weird quirks in so many different ways. I'm especially surprised by its ability to infect so many different types of cells. It has a MUCH wider range of cells to exploit from the typical epithelial cells, to weird blood, heart, internal organ impacts and on and on, (I guess by primarily by targeting ACE2 instead of the typical glycan α2,3-α2,6-α2,8 linkages).

Then, beyond typical ACE2 rich infections, you see evidence of COVID brain (nerves), COVID toes (skin), COVID eyes, hair cells in the cochlea, (leading to hearing loss). I mean, what gives??? There are SO many oddities, across so many different areas and degrees.

This paper has the reason HCQ failed because the virus attacks ACE2 and TMPRSS2.

You are pushing anti-vax nonsense. Claiming that we need long term studies on the vaccine before anyone can safely take it is absurd. Doctors are not "blindly rushing ahead" by recommending people take this vaccine because the science makes it clear that any risk from the vaccine is drastically outweighed by the risk posed by COVID. No one is deceiving the public as coverage of the vaccine has frequently discussed the possible side effects. Your approach to this is ludicrous and its the reason large numbers of people are going to refuse to take vaccine which will keep this pandemic going.

It takes an epic stretch to try and classify anything I've said as "anti-vax nonsense". Again, I asked why you included a strawman that I didn't come close to saying? I simply said that you can't say DEFINITIVELY that there the vaccines are 100% safe when we don't have a single shred of data from the medium to long term. That's just common sense. We are imperfect beings, and in ever endeavor, (particularly those involving something as uber-complex as the human organism), we are going to not going to know every aspect right off of the bat. Who could, or would argue against such common sense???

You are attempting to create strawmen, but you are in essence constructing something that isn't the truth. I was talking about science in general rushing ahead without knowing the full impacts, (or enough of the full impacts), in the bigger picture scenario. As soon as we see something doesn't kill us immediately, (i.e. it's safe in the relatively short term), we are all too frequently, off to the races and we forge ahead. I don't know that true sapiens would behave that way.

You can attempt to use group think to paint me as the "problem", (though I've not really outlined my "approach"). You can pronounce my common sensical, general points as "ludicrous", and lie saying that I'm leading to a "large number" of people refusing to take the virus, but you'd have a much tougher time making a cogent argument to support such ludicrous accusations. Using strawmen, and propaganda'ish and outlandish characterizations, is rather intellectually lazy.

@au4life_rz 6 people died during a 40,000 person study of the Pfizer vaccine!!!

4 in the placebo control arm and 2 in the vaccine cohort. All of natural causes. Not statistically significant.

Thanks, but we were talking about the number who have died thus far, since we've actually rolled teh vaccine out, (and to be more specific, @gatorz1209 posting a propaganda/fake news stats that said no one had died). He still won't admit that's not likely to be true.

Thanks, but we were talking about the number who have died thus far, since we've actually rolled teh vaccine out, (and to be more specific, @gatorz1209 posting a propaganda/fake news stats that said no one had died). He still won't admit that's not likely to be true.

40k people should be enough of a statistical prediction of the population, IMHO.

True dat, but again, we weren't debating whether anything was perfectly safe. I'm simply saying that folks shouldn't be saying that any new vaccine will be perfectly safe, though we have people in this thread like @DM8 who has said exactly that, multiple times.

I clearly said that the number who have died is a very small percentage, but that we should not use fake news, lies and exaggerated propaganda to get folks to take it. Others in the thread disagree.

True dat, but again, we weren't debating whether anything was perfectly safe. I'm simply saying that folks shouldn't be saying that any new vaccine will be perfectly safe, though we have people in this thread like @DM8 who has said exactly that, multiple times.

I clearly said that the number who have died is a very small percentage, but that we should not use fake news, lies and exaggerated propaganda to get folks to take it. Others in the thread disagree.

I believe this clarifies my concerns. I can agree on this post.

Reactions: au4life_rz
40k people should be enough of a statistical prediction of the population, IMHO.

It certainly gives us a reasonable projection for the short term. You may not have noticed, but all of my two cents of opinion have been about the potential negative impacts in medium term, and long term. Do you see any harm in saying that we're still learning a LOT about this wacky pathogen, and that we can't say for certain that there will be NO negative impact in the long term.

More importantly, that we should be truthful, provide solid and objective information, and allow folks to make informed decisions regarding the vaccines. Again, I understand that others feel we should lie, use marketing tricks and other manipulation to mass out to get folks to take the vaccine.

You seem shook. I’m sorry this vaccine is extremely effective and safe.

It certainly gives us a reasonable projection for the short term. You may not have noticed, but all of my two cents of opinion have been about the potential negative impacts in medium term, and long term. Do you see any harm in saying that we're still learning a LOT about this wacky pathogen, and that we can't say for certain that there will be NO negative impact in the long term.

More importantly, that we should be truthful, provide solid and objective information, and allow folks to make informed decisions regarding the vaccines. Again, I understand that others feel we should lie, use marketing tricks and other manipulation to mass out to get folks to take the vaccine.
What’s your plan, genius? Sit on our hands and wait for studies on the medium and long-term side effect of these safe vaccines, while millions die? An overwhelming number of scientists have given the green light on the vaccine, but you somehow don’t grasp it. You’ve basically done nothing ITT but post about how you tRuST nO oNe!

This paper has the reason HCQ failed because the virus attacks ACE2 and TMPRSS2.

There was a lot of research gearing up on the ACE2, TMPRSS2 and heparin sulfate "gateways", (trying to use knowledge of how these mechanisms work to allow access, to find a way to stop C-19), but I'm not sure if that hasn't slowed down since the vaccine came out.

What’s your plan, genius? Sit on our hands and wait for studies on the medium and long-term side effect of these safe vaccines, while millions die? You’ve basically done nothing ITT but post about how you tRuST nO oNe!

Please stop replying. You continue proposing one extremely dumb strawman after the other, and you're not adding anything at all to the conversation.

Any reasonable person in the thread is able to understand that I haven't proposed anything close to what you're saying. Please, pretty please, stop, and allow us to have a conversation.

Please stop replying. You continue proposing one extremely dumb strawman after the other, and you're not adding anything at all to the conversation.

Any reasonable person in the thread is able to understand that I haven't proposed anything close to what you're saying. Please, pretty please, stop, and allow us to have a conversation.
You haven’t proposed anything. Period. I also don’t think you understand what a straw man argument is 😂

I'm shook, you da man, and you won the debate, (you da BIG chief). Your stats that you used to start the thread, (saying there have been NO deaths at all), is 100% accurate. Can you please stop replying now?
Listen here, old man. Stop obsessing about the tweet. The tweet is accurate, but for whatever reason, it bothers you. Be happy we have much more intelligent people than you, who spent decades studying these vaccines. Thank God these scientists and physicians have taken swift action and our CDC approved the vaccines for emergency use. Just another reason we are the greatest country in the world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT