ADVERTISEMENT

Great story about a good Police officer in Madison

https://www.waff.com/2020/06/19/mad...ge-after-year-old-has-nightmare-about-police/
Good job by this mother teaching her daughter there are good people in any profession, especially LE. Hopefully more of these type stories are shared in the media in the coming weeks
Does NOT fit their agenda. The only way they will report anything about a good cop is if Joe Biden puts on a uniform, saying it’s his old one and it still fits, saying he’s decided to return to his real love, being a police officer. At least until he is elected president.

Which half is the bad half? Just curious, I grew up there FWIW, and it’s actually gotten better since I graduated HS. Now it’s crowded AF and the traffic is AWFUL.

As soon as you move to South HSV, you spout their agenda? o_O If you know how to navigate the town (during rush hour - no issues most of the time), you wont have many problems.

The real story here is the Mom. Good Parenting.

And for Fs sake, it is pretty easy to find out that police killings are at a 30 year low, and an all-time low per capita. Why that doesn't get reported is mystifying
Because it’s not something to fake outrage about on social media and get a bunch of likes for your fake anger. The media hasn’t reported a “positive” story since the first war in Iraq. Good point though. I wish real news like this made its way to mass media.

The real story here is the Mom. Good Parenting.

And for Fs sake, it is pretty easy to find out that police killings are at a 30 year low, and an all-time low per capita. Why that doesn't get reported is mystifying

Because it’s not something to fake outrage about on social media and get a bunch of likes for your fake anger. The media hasn’t reported a “positive” story since the first war in Iraq. Good point though. I wish real news like this made its way to mass media.

Nash, even if police killings are at a 30 year low, does that NECESSARILY mean that we are where we should be, that there is no problem or further progress needed???

While we should report all true progress, shouldn't we also look a bit deeper than the mere surface level to ensure that we aren't identifying the tallest "little person" and signing them as the center for our basketball team??? Again, we could have pointed out that lynchings had gone down between 1870 and 1920 and were the "lowest in 50 years", but that certainly didn't mean that we were where we needed to be at that time", right???

We have GOT to find a way to stop this extremely whack, partisan method of fighting/discussing issues. It's killing us man. We MUST be objective as possible and go beyond the mere surface to get to the real roots of issues/center of the lollipop. I agree with you that the Mom did a good job being balanced and objective to let her daughter know that there are a relatively small number of bad apple cops, and that the majority are good. I made certain that I drilled proper, objective perspective into my kids, till they were sick of hearing it as older teenagers.

jcmango, unfortunately, fake news, twitter battles, and headlines that get clicks, and serve as pablum to inflame the audience, (for race pimps on Fox News and maybe some on the other "side"), is how they make their millions. They only care about showing extremely one-sided edited slices of reality to ensure they make their money, but they get rich at the significantly greater expense of the country, and our ability to understand each other and the true roots of these issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thrill and jcmango
As soon as you move to South HSV, you spout their agenda? o_O If you know how to navigate the town (during rush hour - no issues most of the time), you wont have many problems.
There is an agenda in South Huntsville? How interesting.

Reactions: ricedp105
Nash, even if police killings are at a 30 year low, does that NECESSARILY mean that we are where we should be, that there is no problem or further progress needed???

While we should report all true progress, shouldn't we also look a bit deeper than the mere surface level to ensure that we aren't identifying the tallest "little person" and signing them as the center for our basketball team??? Again, we could have pointed out that lynchings had gone down between 1870 and 1920 and were the "lowest in 50 years", but that certainly didn't mean that we were where we needed to be at that time", right???

We have GOT to find a way to stop this extremely whack, partisan method of fighting/discussing issues. It's killing us man. We MUST be objective as possible and go beyond the mere surface to get to the real roots of issues/center of the lollipop. I agree with you that the Mom did a good job being balanced and objective to let her daughter know that there are a relatively small number of bad apple cops, and that the majority are good. I made certain that I drilled proper, objective perspective into my kids, till they were sick of hearing it as older teenagers.

jcmango, unfortunately, fake news, twitter battles, and headlines that get clicks, and serve as pablum to inflame the audience, (for race pimps on Fox News and maybe some on the other "side"), is how they make their millions. They only care about showing extremely one-sided edited slices of reality to ensure they make their money, but they get rich at the significantly greater expense of the country, and our ability to understand each other and the true roots of these issues.
LOL
You think the "race pumps " are on FNC

LOL
You think the "race pumps " are on FNC

Yes. Most of the race pimps with MAJOR influence, (i.e. those who swami MILLIONS and MILLIONS of sheeple), and those who make MILLIONS of dollars with their pied piping, are probably on Fox News and other right-wing pablum servers. Can you list some of the primary ones for liberals, say, maybe a top 5 compared to your top 5 from the right???

Lol..I think you misunderstood my point about Madison. I grew up there, I loved it, and because it's so nice it's gotten almost too crowded. My parents still live there and it takes like 10 minutes just to pull into their neighborhood due to traffic on Wall Triana. Every city has bad areas, I was just confused how Doc was saying about 50% of Madison is crack city.

Reactions: Docdumpsta
Yes. Most of the race pimps with MAJOR influence, (i.e. those who swami MILLIONS and MILLIONS of sheeple), and those who make MILLIONS of dollars with their pied piping, are probably on Fox News and other right-wing pablum servers. Can you list some of the primary ones for liberals, say, maybe a top 5 compared to your top 5 from the right???
You made the assertion and you want someone else to prove it isn’t true?

Thats adorable. Typically nonsensical, but adorable.

Can you provide specific examples of race pimping by the people you accuse of race pimping? If you can’t, you are just another asshole with a mouth attached, repeating things that sound smart and woke without any personal knowledge of them.

Can we please not get this thread sent to the AIDS board TIA.

Lol..I think you misunderstood my point about Madison. I grew up there, I loved it, and because it's so nice it's gotten almost too crowded. My parents still live there and it takes like 10 minutes just to pull into their neighborhood due to traffic on Wall Triana. Every city has bad areas, I was just confused how Doc was saying about 50% of Madison is crack city.

:eek: if its the hood I'm thinking of, atleast you now have Kroger and Culver's. Culver's is amazing.

You made the assertion and you want someone else to prove it isn’t true?

Thats adorable. Typically nonsensical, but adorable.

Can you provide specific examples of race pimping by the people you accuse of race pimping? If you can’t, you are just another asshole with a mouth attached, repeating things that sound smart and woke without any personal knowledge of them.

Sigh, yes I could list a boatload of examples. I could go get any old broadcast, (pretty much ANY single one), from Neal Bortz, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Larry Elder, to Tucker Carlson, and they would be loaded with the uber-spun, polar extreme myopic pablum that their targeted sheeple just lap up like opiate powdered crack-meth. However, I wanted HIS opinion for specific reasons that certainly weren't nonsensical.

Sigh, yes I could list a boatload of examples. I could go get any old broadcast, (pretty much ANY single one), from Neal Bortz, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Larry Elder, to Tucker Carlson, and they would be loaded with the uber-spun, polar extreme myopic pablum that their targeted sheeple just lap up like opiate powdered crack-meth. However, I wanted HIS opinion for specific reasons that certainly weren't nonsensical.
WTF are you talking about? Serious question. Only you would turn my thread highlighting a good story regarding police and turn it into a bash Fox News thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT