ADVERTISEMENT

Grand National/RTJ Trail Question

cjrugger

All-American
Sep 30, 2002
Whats up guys,

I'm working on planning a golf and football trip to the deep south next year and the leader in the clubhouse is a couple days of golf at Grand National followed by some Auburn football (either MSU 9/26 or Ole Miss 10/31). A couple of questions, appreciate any recommendations

1) Anyone used the Express 85 bus from Hartsfield/Jackson to Auburn?
2) Does Grand National get very busy during football weeks? We would be playing Thur and Friday before the game
3) I figure you all are biased, but is there a different (and within 2 hour drive) trail site that you would recommend over Grand National? Also, anyone been to Pursell Farms and if so is that worth squeezing in?
4) Any bars/restaurant rec's would be greatly appreciated as well

Thanks a lot in advance, good luck the rest of the way

1. I have never used the Express bus but I think it is fairly reliable.

2 & 3. Tee times are necessary. I don't think you will be disappointed in Grand National, it is a great venue. They have two 18 hole courses, one a links type and the other front and back that comes back to the clubhouse. Also has an 18 hole par 3 course. There is a Trent Jones set up in Prattville which is about an hour and a half away. Also one outside of Birmingham which is a couple of hours away. But I think you will be very satisfied with Grand National. Never been to Purcell.

4. Several bars and restaurants just depending on what you are looking for.

2) and 3)

Yep get tee times. No need to drive to find better golf. Grand National is great. I like the Lake course best but the Links course is also sweet and they also have a short par 3 course as well so plenty of great golf right there. #15, par 3 on the Lake course is the signature hole with island green. I would just book different course each day at Grand National especially if you are headed to the stadium soon after. Good luck have safe trip... War Damn Eagle

This post was edited on 11/21 10:12 AM by Sanctions Stand

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT