ADVERTISEMENT

Going to leave this here but I couldn’t disagree more.

I can't tell if this list is supposed to be a list of "negative" traits of white people, or just traits that white people share as a whole. (it certainly doesn't apply to absolutely 100% of white people). If this is a list of traits of white people, does this article imply that they are not traits of black people? I really can't tell if this is an observation of the differences between blacks and whites or sort of an angry, protest type of rant. It doesn't read like a rant. Candidly, a lot of these traits apply to me... "individual", "hard working", nuclear family, progressive, respect for leadership.. These are good things, right?

cf-dafuq.gif

Reactions: Korn6 and Ruxy Poo
I can't tell if this list is supposed to be a list of "negative" traits of white people, or just traits that white people share as a whole. (it certainly doesn't apply to absolutely 100% of white people). If this is a list of traits of white people, does this article imply that they are not traits of black people? I really can't tell if this is an observation of the differences between blacks and whites or sort of an angry, protest type of rant. It doesn't read like a rant. Candidly, a lot of these traits apply to me... "individual", "hard working", nuclear family, progressive, respect for leadership.. These are good things, right?
They were good things, but now they are not. I am not sure what is good but now we know those are bad.

Reactions: texasAUtiger

Societal expectations created by whiteness that should be questioned.

Reactions: auburnra
So am I an asshole white racist because I stuck around and was a father to my daughter? Can't tell anymore.

Critical Race Theory says if I ask you if you are a racist and you are a white person and you say no, then you are the worst kind of racist because you are completely unaware of your privilege in a system created for you and blindly failing to address your innate racism.

If you say, yes you are racist, then you need to pay your penance, and it should not just be symbolic, but a real gesture of rejecting the system that afforded you your opportunities in life.

So pick your poison.

So what do you think of the graphic? Or the entire page if you think it may be lacking context?

https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-about-race/topics/whiteness

I think what's written there is valid and accurate in many instances.

You do realize the graphic itself is verbatim from a list prepared by a white PhD in 1990 - THIRTY YEARS AGO - and that it doesn't denigrate those characteristics or say they're undesirable. I think those things aren't nearly as often associated with white America as they were just after Reagan left office, e.g. It's more an expression of someone's paradigm as a snapshot in time. What's funny about that is that some of those characteristics are representative of very few white folks - or people in general - these days.

It's not Marxist, and it's never harmful to try and understand how to come across to others and to attempt to grasp what makes them tick as well.

Reactions: Korn6
I would love to see a compare and contrast one where they describe "blackness." I won't go there

You do realize the graphic itself is verbatim from a list prepared by a white PhD in 1990 - THIRTY YEARS AGO - and that it doesn't denigrate those characteristics or say they're undesirable. I think those things aren't nearly as often associated with white America as they were just after Reagan left office, e.g. It's more an expression of someone's paradigm as a snapshot in time. What's funny about that is that some of those characteristics are representative of very few white folks - or people in general - these days.

It's not Marxist, and it's never harmful to try and understand how to come across to others and to attempt to grasp what makes them tick as well.
well maybe they should strive to have more "whiteness" since using the scientific method and hard work is "whiteness"

Lulz. It's like the authors of this crap don't understand the meaning of prejudice or stereotypes, which is what this, whatever the fack it is, is full of.

WOW. Not shocked but WOW.

So if those are admirable traits then why doesn’t the museum seek to promote those traits in those that should learn them, regardless of race. I would also say that the majority of white people I worked with didn’t exhibit most of them.

Did you read the entire page? That was the question asked of me.
Read the whole thing ASSMAN. Not shocked you agreed and liked it. Don't know how you manage to get thru a day with all of the white guilt you have pinned up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT