ADVERTISEMENT

For those who said the Atlanta cop should have let the drunk go home,

this shows how easy it is for a cop to get jammed up for trying to give someone a break. The child was killed a month later, still blaming the cop. SMDH

Ft. Myers cop charged
It doesnt matter, Bro. There will always be some assholes that vilify police, no matter what actions they take. They will go out of their way to excuse the actions of felons that bring injury or death upon themselves.

this shows how easy it is for a cop to get jammed up for trying to give someone a break. The child was killed a month later, still blaming the cop. SMDH

Ft. Myers cop charged

Little bit different because the officer affirmative violated the law by failing to report to DCF. He isn’t charged with the child’s death. They aren’t holding him responsible for what happened later. They are holding him responsible for a legal violation for that failure to report. And he sure as hell should be charged.

I do get the point you’re making, but the situations aren’t the same.

Little bit different because the officer affirmative violated the law by failing to report to DCF. He isn’t charged with the child’s death. They aren’t holding him responsible for what happened later. They are holding him responsible for a legal violation for that failure to report. And he sure as hell should be charged.

I do get the point you’re making, but the situations aren’t the same.
I agree it's not the same situation, but it illustrates the point just as well. If an officer lets a drunk go, he can easily be blamed for what the drunk does next. This failure to report came to light because the little girl's father and his girlfriend blamed the cop for the death.

I agree it's not the same situation, but it illustrates the point just as well. If an officer lets a drunk go, he can easily be blamed for what the drunk does next. This failure to report came to light because the little girl's father and his girlfriend blamed the cop for the death.

I do get the point you're trying to make, but it just doesn't carry over. Unless there is a specific law that requires an officer to give chase and make an arrest after being overpowered, and there is no such law. And then it wouldn't matter if the suspect went and hurt someone else. The violation would be in the initial failure. There is a specific law that the officer in your article violated, irrespective of the child's tragic death. Mandatory reporting of child abuse is an entirely different animal, though.

Now if you're saying that people will blame officers for bad things happening, sure, I guess what you're saying. But that doesn't mean they could be criminally charged. Or even held civilly liable.

And I'll again emphasize that this cop 100% should've been charged as he was. It was quite warranted.

I do get the point you're trying to make, but it just doesn't carry over. Unless there is a specific law that requires an officer to give chase and make an arrest after being overpowered, and there is no such law. And then it wouldn't matter if the suspect went and hurt someone else. The violation would be in the initial failure. There is a specific law that the officer in your article violated, irrespective of the child's tragic death. Mandatory reporting of child abuse is an entirely different animal, though.

Now if you're saying that people will blame officers for bad things happening, sure, I guess what you're saying. But that doesn't mean they could be criminally charged. Or even held civilly liable.

And I'll again emphasize that this cop 100% should've been charged as he was. It was quite warranted.
My point was to those in the old thread that said the officers should have never even tried to arrest Brooks in the first place, and asking why they didn't call someone to come drive him home.

You must have never dealt with DHR if you think this officer should have been charged. The mother had been reported to DCF at least twice before, and they had done nothing.

https://www.news-press.com/story/ne...-drugs-child-vehicle-records-show/5341242002/

My point was to those in the old thread that said the officers should have never even tried to arrest Brooks in the first place, and asking why they didn't call someone to come drive him home.

You must have never dealt with DHR if you think this officer should have been charged. The mother had been reported to DCF at least twice before, and they had done nothing.

https://www.news-press.com/story/ne...-drugs-child-vehicle-records-show/5341242002/

Again, I know the point you’re making but this situation doesn’t make your point unless the guy in Atlanta had a kid in the car, and the officer failed to report. I will grant I was talking about not pursuing him and shooting him. I think the initial arrest was completely warranted. I loathe drunk driving. But it still doesn’t apply analogously to this scenario. They are very different.

For the record, we are licensed foster parents and my wife used to work for DHR (in Alabama, not Florida). So I understand it all quite well. The failure to act twice before doesn’t absolve him from his obligations as a mandatory reporter. If you’re a mandatory reporter, you report each and every time. Period.

Again, I know the point you’re making but this situation doesn’t make your point unless the guy in Atlanta had a kid in the car, and the officer failed to report. I will grant I was talking about not pursuing him and shooting him. I think the initial arrest was completely warranted. I loathe drunk driving. But it still doesn’t apply analogously to this scenario. They are very different.

For the record, we are licensed foster parents and my wife used to work for DHR (in Alabama, not Florida). So I understand it all quite well. The failure to act twice before doesn’t absolve him from his obligations as a mandatory reporter. If you’re a mandatory reporter, you report each and every time. Period.
I don't think you are getting the point, the media and the family are blaming the officer for the girls death.

I don't think you are getting the point, the media and the family are blaming the officer for the girls death.

And when you actually violate a specific law, it makes it pretty easy to blame you. The Atlanta cop wouldn’t have been violating a specific law. And you will note this officer isn’t being charged with the girl’s death.

But if all you’re saying is that sometimes cops are unfairly blamed for stuff happening when they fail to make an arrest, I can agree with you. This is just a bad example because the is some legal blame by virtue of the officer here committing a felony offense. A better example may have been the school resource officer in Parkland who ran away and didn’t try to stop the school shooter. Though, again, a bit different than not pursuing a suspect who overpowered you (or getting a drunk guy a ride home).

Shut the **** yo the black man was murdered enough said. The only question is who black son or daughter gonna be killed by bad cops cause you know there gonna be more killing of innocent unarmed black people just a matter of time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT