ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you wondering what the Black National

That’s what I though. It was the second one. It’s ok. There are people everywhere that lack the ability to articulate a point or argument. You’re not alone. Don’t beat yourself up.
ROFL at you talking down to someone, like your intelligence is beyond comprehension for the rest of us plebs. You are a pompous prick. Im putting you on ignore because I tired of hearing the sh!t you be spewing.

It is a very moving song, very spiritual and uplifting. But it’s not a NATIONAL ANTHEM. Just my two cents. If the nation needs a new National Anthem, lets vote on ONE.
I agree. It’s not a national anthem and there has never been any legislation to make it an anthem or even an alternative anthem. A member of the NAACP called it that. Others have as well. No different than someone saying “________ is the drunk national anthem” or “________ is the gay national anthem”. Just a moniker someone used to characterize the significance of the song.

Reactions: nrmorgan2001
Well, apparently you actually do “GAF”, if a “plan” has been formulated to insure your “ears never hear that anthem”.

To answer your question, there’s not a single thing wrong with the anthem “we got already”. I absolutely love our National Anthem. The Star Spangled Banner is an actual anthem. Lift Every Voice and Sing is a poem written for Lincoln’s Birthday. It was labelled the “Negro National Anthem” by the NAACP. It makes me laugh that so many get so worked up over a song they didn’t even know existed. I would suggest that the majority of black people in America have never heard the song, or at least not till recently and I’m 100% sure that the vast majority of white people have never even heard of it yet some dude hear has a “plan” to never hear it. Just so ridiculously silly.

Problem is...there's an outcry and push to replace the current one...and this is "black anthem" is one of the suggestions.

Besides...if you're recognizing a "black national anthem", aren't you also recognizing a separate, black America represented by this anthem?

Not very inclusive...

ROFL at you talking down to someone, like your intelligence is beyond comprehension for the rest of us plebs. You are a pompous prick. Im putting you on ignore because I tired of hearing the sh!t you be spewing.
I suggested this a while back. Should make your life easier. Betas gonna beta...

Last edited:
It is a very moving song, very spiritual and uplifting. But it’s not a NATIONAL ANTHEM. Just my two cents. If the nation needs a new National Anthem, lets vote on ONE.
worst idea ever.

You don’t look forward to seeing the Men’s Basketball team at the next Olympics receiving gold to the tune of Gin and Juice or Achy Breaky Heart?
If you can guarantee Gun and Juice will be the bluegrass version, because inclusion, then count me in.

Reactions: jslowery
Problem is...there's an outcry and push to replace the current one...and this is "black anthem" is one of the suggestions.

Besides...if you're recognizing a "black national anthem", aren't you also recognizing a separate, black America represented by this anthem?

Not very inclusive...
For whom is that a problem? There are outcries for things all the time.
I’ve said multiple times itt, this isn’t a “black National Anthem”. It is indeed a “black anthem” and it’s a good one.
What the NFL does or any other organization is a completely discussion to what this song actually is.

It’s hilarious to me that all of these responses to what I’ve said are about a song that I said was moving and filled with hope/joy. I asked a guy why he had a “plan” to never hear it.

the things about which people get triggered are amazing.

If we sing this before college football games I’m going to demand we bring back Alabama’s State Song. But all 77 verses this time!

Fun fact - Gov Lurleeen Wallace mandated it be sung before college football games in Alabama. However she didn’t specify all of it, so only 1 verse was sung. It’s past time for that wrong to be righted.
We should sing the entire Star-Spangled Banner as well.

Copied from wiki so don’t @ me for any variations.

O say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner, O long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country, should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation.
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust.'
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave![50]

For whom is that a problem? There are outcries for things all the time.
I’ve said multiple times itt, this isn’t a “black National Anthem”. It is indeed a “black anthem” and it’s a good one.
What the NFL does or any other organization is a completely discussion to what this song actually is.

It’s hilarious to me that all of these responses to what I’ve said are about a song that I said was moving and filled with hope/joy. I asked a guy why he had a “plan” to never hear it.

the things about which people get triggered are amazing.

just curious, if someone from say, the daughters of the confederacy or from NASCAR , called a song the white national anthem and we were talking about playing it at NFL games or other sporting events, would that be ok? Would that be a good idea or would it seem divisive? To your earlier point, It isn’t a white national anthem just because someone said it was but I’m guessing that won’t matter.

Reactions: 94WDE
Deer lowered at what the Bunker chooses to get its jimmies rustled over.

The NFL has said it will do this for its week 1 games. Why is this so bothersome to so many of you? How does this affect your life?

It’s rich that “libtards” (I’ll include myself here) are called “snowflakes” here. Yet many of you feel this song is somehow an attack on you.

For ****’s sake—grow up.

The NFL has said it will do this for its week 1 games. Why is this so bothersome to so many of you? How does this affect your life?

It’s rich that “libtards” (I’ll include myself here) are called “snowflakes” here. Yet many of you feel this song is somehow an attack on you.

For ****’s sake—grow up.

It doesn’t, because I barely watch the NFL anyway. I just think it’s interesting and I’m winding down watching Two and a half men. Why not comment?

For ****’s sake—grow up.

because like everything else we are doing it is divisive, not inclusive. It isn’t trying to celebrate our similarities and common goals as Americans, it is all about our skin color now and how to divide us. The media has gone batshit crazy. Before long we’ll be segregating again.

Well, apparently you actually do “GAF”, if a “plan” has been formulated to insure your “ears never hear that anthem”.

To answer your question, there’s not a single thing wrong with the anthem “we got already”. I absolutely love our National Anthem. The Star Spangled Banner is an actual anthem. Lift Every Voice and Sing is a poem written for Lincoln’s Birthday. It was labelled the “Negro National Anthem” by the NAACP. It makes me laugh that so many get so worked up over a song they didn’t even know existed. I would suggest that the majority of black people in America have never heard the song, or at least not till recently and I’m 100% sure that the vast majority of white people have never even heard of it yet some dude hear has a “plan” to never hear it. Just so ridiculously silly.
That’s a pretty strong statement that majority of Black Americans have never heard the song until recently. Everyone in my peer group does ‍♂️. I’d say that majority of black people in America could give a damn about it being played at an NFL game though. I bet they’d rather have Goodell acknowledge and offer a formal apology to Kaepernick.

That’s a pretty strong statement that majority of Black Americans have never heard the song until recently. Everyone in my peer group does ‍♂️. I’d say that majority of black people in America could give a damn about it being played at an NFL game though. I bet they’d rather have Goodell acknowledge and offer a formal apology to Kaepernick.
Apology for being a shitty QB with a shitty outlook on life?

just curious, if someone from say, the daughters of the confederacy or from NASCAR , called a song the white national anthem and we were talking about playing it at NFL games or other sporting events, would that be ok? Would that be a good idea or would it seem divisive? To your earlier point, It isn’t a white national anthem just because someone said it was but I’m guessing that won’t matter.
Is this something about which you’re actually “just curious” or are you simply trying to come up with some asinine scenario that you and I both know isn’t within the realm of possibility?

I completely agree, it wouldn’t actually be the “white” national anthem, just like there is no “black national anthem”.
Whatever decision private organizations like the NFL or other sports make, will be judged by their customer base. That’s what determines if it’s ok.
BTW, until you asked this question, I haven’t mentioned what sports will or won’t choose to do. I simply said it’s a good/inspirational song and it’s not a National Anthem. I’m sorry that has so many here triggered, but I’m not surprised.

43,000,000 black Americans. Obviously I could be wrong but I’m comfortable suggesting that 22,000,000 of them have never heard the song.

43,000,000 black Americans. Obviously I could be wrong but I’m comfortable suggesting that 22,000,000 of them have never heard the song.
Under the age of 25 and I might agree with you. I’m just saying I don’t know any of my friends and/or acquaintances that don’t know it. Anywho it’s a pretty bold statement and I love your confidence

Reactions: DLucky
Under the age of 25 and I might agree with you. I’m just saying I don’t know any of my friends and/or acquaintances that don’t know it. Anywho it’s a pretty bold statement and I love your confidence
What do you say the number is @NetworkQuan?

this would make an excellent avatar bet or ban bet or silent for a month bet or something.

Reactions: AUgncEngineer
I don't understand the need to play a national anthem for singular race. If the true national anthem is so divisive for the players quit playing it. I don't know many other entertainment avenues that require the national anthem to be played before it starts. Could you imagine having to sing the national anthem before you watch a movie?

I don’t care if they play it before sporting events or not. I do enjoy it though. However it is completely stupid and wrong to play a national anthem AND an anthem for a singular race. You are only making matters worse through this divisive display.

ADVERTISEMENT