ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you wondering what the Black National

If we sing this before college football games I’m going to demand we bring back Alabama’s State Song. But all 77 verses this time!

Fun fact - Gov Lurleeen Wallace mandated it be sung before college football games in Alabama. However she didn’t specify all of it, so only 1 verse was sung. It’s past time for that wrong to be righted.

The real victory is if this causes the national anthem to be dropped from mandatory sports pregame. cause the way it’s done now absolutely sucks!

and wasn’t how it was intended anyway.

I wonder if people would have been as outraged if they had just played the song and didn't broadcast it as the black national anthem. It shouldn't really make a difference... It should be a non issue either way. But sadly I don't think there would be so many contrary opinions if it was performed without being defined as the black national anthem.

Aren’t we trying to go away from segregated practices? I don’t understand having The National Anthem for all Americans and having the Black National Anthem for Black Americans. If I’m Native American or Alaskan Native, I’m madder than hell they aren’t playing my national anthem.
Blm wants further segregation....

Not sure if this is a joke. But in case, I’m not clicking on the link. My plan is for my ears to never hear that anthem

Em7y.gif

Aren’t we trying to go away from segregated practices? I don’t understand having The National Anthem for all Americans and having the Black National Anthem for Black Americans. If I’m Native American or Alaskan Native, I’m madder than hell they aren’t playing my national anthem.

No, we’ve apparently gone full circle on the segregation thing.

Cuz we DGAF, quite honestly. Curious, What's wrong with the anthem we got already?
Well, apparently you actually do “GAF”, if a “plan” has been formulated to insure your “ears never hear that anthem”.

To answer your question, there’s not a single thing wrong with the anthem “we got already”. I absolutely love our National Anthem. The Star Spangled Banner is an actual anthem. Lift Every Voice and Sing is a poem written for Lincoln’s Birthday. It was labelled the “Negro National Anthem” by the NAACP. It makes me laugh that so many get so worked up over a song they didn’t even know existed. I would suggest that the majority of black people in America have never heard the song, or at least not till recently and I’m 100% sure that the vast majority of white people have never even heard of it yet some dude hear has a “plan” to never hear it. Just so ridiculously silly.

This whole topic is ruined by the “We want everything!”, “Only if it’s our way!” jackasses. I’m not interested in debating either....
No, we’ve apparently gone full circle on the segregation thing.
Reparations are next. Cool story 150 years ago. Pretty sure Welfare and stimulus won’t be enough. Welfare turned out t be a very positive Solution for inner cities...Stimulus, same...Need people to go back to work. Pretty sure that’s above my pay grade. Has to be a really good, inclusive plan, at some point. I’ll leave that up to you genius’s.

I’m not sure if the statement or the question printed you to “laugh out loud” but it would be an odd reaction to either.

For you to “laugh out loud” at the statement would mean you’re disagreeing with my opinion of a song you e admittedly never heard and have a “plan” to never hear.

For you to “laugh out loud” at the question would indicated you can’t articulate a reasonable response and the best you can come up with is an initialism commonly used by adolescents.

odd...

This whole topic is ruined by the “We want everything!”, “Only if it’s our way!” jackasses. I’m not interested in debating either....

Reparations are next. Cool story 150 years ago. Pretty sure Welfare and stimulus won’t be enough. Welfare turned out t be a very positive Solution for inner cities...Stimulus, same...Need people to go back to work. Pretty sure that’s above my pay grade. Has to be a really good, inclusive plan, at some point. I’ll leave that up to you genius’s.

I don’t have the solution. I can’t imagine being content with doing nothing and drawing government funds. Hell, I’m kind of excited tomorrow is Monday because I have a ton of work to do.

This. Seriously. What a stupid ass question by RT
I’ll say again, you obviously do indeed “GAF”. In fact, it’s so important to you that you e formed a “plan” to insure “your ears never hear that anthem”.
Seems pretty important to you.

Reactions: AUgncEngineer
I don’t have the solution. I can’t imagine being content with doing nothing and drawing government funds. Hell, I’m kind of excited tomorrow is Monday because I have a ton of work to do.
Don’t short a life of leisure.

It’s what makes America so great.

Reactions: Kellerdog
Me either, but once you do, you can’t get them back. White, black, mostly. It appears to me that this isn’t true with Asian, Latino people. Just an observation...

Nothing wrong with that song as an anthem...which makes me wonder...no way that is divisive and self-victimizing enough for today's crowd.

I’m not sure if the statement or the question printed you to “laugh out loud” but it would be an odd reaction to either.

For you to “laugh out loud” at the statement would mean you’re disagreeing with my opinion of a song you e admittedly never heard and have a “plan” to never hear.

For you to “laugh out loud” at the question would indicated you can’t articulate a reasonable response and the best you can come up with is an initialism commonly used by adolescents.

odd...
rofl

It can’t be a “national” anthem because it’s not intended for all the people of this nation. We have one national anthem because we have one country we all live in. This is a joke. Call it an anthem, call it a tribute song, call it something, but “black national anthem” is the most racist thing I’ve seen or heard through all this

Well, apparently you actually do “GAF”, if a “plan” has been formulated to insure your “ears never hear that anthem”.

To answer your question, there’s not a single thing wrong with the anthem “we got already”. I absolutely love our National Anthem. The Star Spangled Banner is an actual anthem. Lift Every Voice and Sing is a poem written for Lincoln’s Birthday. It was labelled the “Negro National Anthem” by the NAACP. It makes me laugh that so many get so worked up over a song they didn’t even know existed. I would suggest that the majority of black people in America have never heard the song, or at least not till recently and I’m 100% sure that the vast majority of white people have never even heard of it yet some dude hear has a “plan” to never hear it. Just so ridiculously silly.

Do you think every ethnic group should have their own national anthem then? I’m just trying to understand the thought process and how further dividing ourselves over National identity is going to help us as a country as opposed to dividing us?

That’s what I though. It was the second one. It’s ok. There are people everywhere that lack the ability to articulate a point or argument. You’re not alone. Don’t beat yourself up.

Do you think every ethnic group should have their own national anthem then? I’m just trying to understand the thought process and how further dividing ourselves over National identity is going to help us as a country as opposed to dividing us?
Of course not, just like black Americans don’t have a separate national anthem. Some guy in 1919 called a poem/song the “negro National Anthem”, so does that make it so? Was a proclamation made? A law passed?

I can call my house the White House butbit doesn’t make it true.

Reactions: nrmorgan2001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT