ADVERTISEMENT

Expected a little more traction from our Official Visits

Imthebirdman

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2013
I guess we could have really taken the lead for some of these guys.......but it doesn't feel like it outside of guys like Camden Brown.

Yea, fair. Just kind of deflating to see guys we talk about as our 'top' targets announcing top 2s that don't include us. (TOS update)

It is disheartening. I have tried to be optimistic but I think there are real concerns. We don't seem to have that grand slam recruiter on staff. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

I guess we could have really taken the lead for some of these guys.......but it doesn't feel like it outside of guys like Camden Brown.
You apparently haven't been listening to what they've been saying about expectations for 2022 class.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we already know Auburn was 3rd after his OV, since he literally said it in his interview with JLee? What's changed. ( top two are UGA and Miami..with AU in 3rd)
Again we went from not even in contention, to 3rd after his first visit to AU...and he wants to visit again during the season. Can you Chicken Little's calm the fvck down for like 5 minutes please?

Reactions: Mikecb22
Do wut I do. Check us out on the field. You will be able to tell if we reeekroooted GOOOOD or BAD.

Harsin has fewer wins at Auburn than Brother Bill Oliver.
..and Scott Loeffler...
3553904.gif

Huh? If you "expected more" from recruits who:

1. have never even met our head coach.
2. have most likely never met their recruiting coach.
3. have most likely never met their position coach.
4. have never seen what type of offense we will be running, and if it is any good.
5. have never seen what type of defense we will be running, and it it is any good.
6. have only been talking to our coaches for less than 5 months on friggin Zoom.
7. have most likely never even been to our campus.
8. have met the other top schools coaches in person, have been to their campus, have seen what type of offense and defense they run, and have been recruited by these other coaches for nearly TWO YEARS.
9. have never seen us play a game at a full house Jordan-Hare.

So, if you "expected more" after all the above, you live in a fantasy world where reality doesn't exist.

By all accounts, all the visits have been outstanding. The coaches have been organized, and informed. The recruiting analysts have been on point with nothing left to chance. The kids parents have unanimously been blown out of the water by the visits.

So we have moved from "no where in sight" on these kids lists; to now in the top 3 or better, after just one damn visit? Without ever seeing the product on the field? These coaches, so far, have absolutely knocked it out of the park as far as recruiting goes, after barely 6 month on the job.

Are we really playing by the rules? If so, why? That certainly should not be left up to Harsin or any of his coaches, right? The Bag Man (TM) typically is not someone on a coaching staff except for Will Wade.
Surely to God we can't be that naive, inept, batshit crazy...whatever term you want to use...to think we can compete that way.

We've had fans that swore we "did it the right way" under every coach from Tot to Gus. Hell we probably even had some that thought we were lily white under Dye up until Twiletta recorded her call wanting her meat and her money

Reactions: Big Blue
Are we really playing by the rules? If so, why? That certainly should not be left up to Harsin or any of his coaches, right? The Bag Man (TM) typically is not someone on a coaching staff except for Will Wade.
Just what I've been told brother.

Reactions: Big Blue
Huh? If you "expected more" from recruits who:

1. have never even met our head coach.
2. have most likely never met their recruiting coach.
3. have most likely never met their position coach.
4. have never seen what type of offense we will be running, and if it is any good.
5. have never seen what type of defense we will be running, and it it is any good.
6. have only been talking to our coaches for less than 5 months on friggin Zoom.
7. have most likely never even been to our campus.
8. have met the other top schools coaches in person, have been to their campus, have seen what type of offense and defense they run, and have been recruited by these other coaches for nearly TWO YEARS.
9. have never seen us play a game at a full house Jordan-Hare.

So, if you "expected more" after all the above, you live in a fantasy world where reality doesn't exist.

By all accounts, all the visits have been outstanding. The coaches have been organized, and informed. The recruiting analysts have been on point with nothing left to chance. The kids parents have unanimously been blown out of the water by the visits.

So we have moved from "no where in sight" on these kids lists; to now in the top 3 or better, after just one damn visit? Without ever seeing the product on the field? These coaches, so far, have absolutely knocked it out of the park as far as recruiting goes, after barely 6 month on the job.
Lol

ADVERTISEMENT