ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone's opinions about COVID and the vaccine simply don't matter

WoSDWDE

RUPP RAFTERS' MOST WANTED
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2014
This isn't about the efficacy of the vaccine. It does not matter.
This isn't about the ethics of forcing players to take them. It does not matter.
This isn't even about whether or not you agree with the leagues policy toward testing and vaccination rates. Again, it does not matter.

It's about winning football games come fall.... Do you want your team to be missing a significate amount players for a game? Do you want to potential forfeit a game? If the answer to both of those questions is "No", then get the vaccine.

The policy is the policy. It doesn't matter what your feeling about it are, it doesn't matter what the coaches feelings about it are, and it doesn't matter what the players feelings about it are.

IF YOU ARE NOT VACCINATED AND YOU TEST POSITIVE, YOU (ALONG ANYONE YOU'VE POTENTIAL INFECTED) WILL NOT PLAY AND YOU WILL COST YOUR TEAM WINS. PERIOD.

The difference in AU's vaccination rate and the turd's vaccination rate is a microcosm of dichotomy between the two programs. AU always getting in it's own way when it comes to doing what it takes to win. The turds simply don't care. Will this decision help us win? Yes? Then we're doing it.

d20ffd08-3f86-4531-9e30-cc8d1ab8fffb_text.gif

This isn't about the efficacy of the vaccine. It does not matter.
This isn't about the ethics of forcing players to take them. It does not matter.
This isn't even about whether or not you agree with the leagues policy toward testing and vaccination rates. Again, it does not matter.

It's about winning football games come fall.... Do you want your team to be missing a significate amount players for a game? Do you want to potential forfeit a game? If the answer to both of those questions is "No", then get the vaccine.

The policy is the policy. It doesn't matter what your feeling about it are, it doesn't matter what the coaches feelings about it are, and it doesn't matter what the players feelings about it are.

IF YOU ARE NOT VACCINATED AND YOU TEST POSITIVE, YOU (ALONG ANYONE YOU'VE POTENTIAL INFECTED) WILL NOT PLAY AND YOU WILL COST YOUR TEAM WINS. PERIOD.

The difference in AU's vaccination rate and the turd's vaccination rate is a microcosm of dichotomy between the two programs. AU always getting in it's own way when it comes to doing what it takes to win. The turds simply don't care. Will this decision help us win? Yes? Then we're doing it.

d20ffd08-3f86-4531-9e30-cc8d1ab8fffb_text.gif

This has to be a troll. If you had a son on the team who was genuinely hesitant to get the vaccine because he was worried about myocarditis compared to his low risk for serious infection….. You would tell him it doesn’t matter it is about winning football games? You can’t be serious

Step away for a sec brah. For some people football isn’t life.
It's frustrating because as soon as a team has to forfeit, everyone is going to be up in arms about it. Too much money involved to not make the logical decision here.

Reactions: Docdumpsta
I mean it’s the most cynical way of looking at it possible but yeah, you’re correct.

It's frustrating because as soon as a team has to forfeit, everyone is going to be up in arms about it. Too much money involved to not make the logical decision here.

Do you have a son playing for AU? I do not. But the decision would be his and ours as a family. Not his coaches or the SEC. We would definitely take the advice of team doctors and make our decision. I have zero say in this as a football fan. My opinion means nothing. Winning games has nothing to do with it.

This has to be a troll. If you had a son on the team who was genuinely hesitant to get the vaccine because he was worried about myocarditis compared to his low risk for serious infection….. You would tell him it doesn’t matter it is about winning football games? You can’t be serious
Myocarditis? I remember many on here scoffing at the BIG 10 this time last year when they were citing “myocarditis risk” as a major factor in potentially canceling the season. My how the tables have turned.

Edit: I didn’t support canceling the season, because the risk of myocarditis from COVID was low, I also support the vaccine for the same reason, to be clear.

I mean it’s the most cynical way of looking at it possible but yeah, you’re correct.
You're right. And for the record, I don't agree with making people take it and I don't even believe these kids need it. But it is what it is.

Reactions: Docdumpsta
Do you have a son playing for AU? I do not. But the decision would be his and ours as a family. Not his coaches or the SEC. We would definitely take the advice of team doctors and make our decision. I have zero say in this as a football fan. My opinion means nothing. Winning games has nothing to do with it.
I don't agree with making people take it by the way and I don't think they even need it. But like I said, the policy is the policy.

Honestly people that choose to remain unvaccinated should just not be allowed to play until they are so they don’t screw it up for everyone else. Also it’s the principle of the fact, these kids have a very low chance of serious injury but they’re constantly in contact with other people that don’t and also may not have the ability to get the vaccine for real reasons beyond muh freedoms.

Reactions: bvmwing
There is absolutely no reason we should still be testing athletes.

I'm pro vaccine. All of them.

But the vaccine is available widely to everyone. At this point if you choose to risk it who cares?

Now que the "but 4 people world wide can't get the vaccine, we have to protect them" crowd.

Honestly people that choose to remain unvaccinated should just not be allowed to play until they are so they don’t screw it up for everyone else. Also it’s the principle of the fact, these kids have a very low chance of serious injury but they’re constantly in contact with other people that don’t and also may not have the ability to get the vaccine for real reasons beyond muh freedoms.

Do you have a son on the team?

• Haha
Reactions: AU_Gooner
So let me get this straight, your desire for your team to win a game means some kid that you don’t know makes a big decision in his life based on what you want?
There is absolutely no reason we should still be testing athletes.

I'm pro vaccine. All of them.

But the vaccine is available widely to everyone. At this point if you choose to risk it who cares?

Now que the "but 4 people world wide can't get the vaccine, we have to protect them" crowd.
No, it's not "MY DESIRE" to win. It's the conferences, programs, coaches, and athletes desire to win. I'm all for letting them make their own decision. I'm all for not even making them get it or get tested. But the policy is the policy. And teams that lag behind are going to get shafted for it. You want to play football in 2021? You want to make sure you don't forfeit?

Unfortunately, this is what you have to do.

Some things are more important in life than following the rules.
Fair enough. There's plenty of rules in my life that I haven't followed, but I usually faced some sort of consequence for that decision.

Reactions: AU_Gooner
No, it's not "MY DESIRE" to win. It's the conferences, programs, coaches, and athletes desire to win. I'm all for letting them make their own decision. I'm all for not even making them get it or get tested. But the policy is the policy. And teams that lag behind are going to get shafted for it. You want to play football in 2021? You want to make sure you don't forfeit?

Unfortunately, this is what you have to do.

Then complain to the League for dumb testing/vaccine requirements that are pointless for 18-22 year olds. Not kids that might have serious concerns.

But we are never going to agree, so why must we continue to have these threads.

If you are worried about covid, get the vaccine. It's available this very second at your local CVS.

Then complain to the League for dumb testing/vaccine requirements that are pointless for 18-22 year olds. Not kids that might have serious concerns.

But we are never going to agree, so why must we continue to have these threads.

If you are worried about covid, get the vaccine. It's available this very second at your local CVS.
I'm just going to cross my fingers all year that it doesn't become an issue. As long as we aren't above the mandated threshold, that's all we can do.

Reactions: DavistonTiger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT