ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN laying off 300 more employees, terminating 200 open positions

Reactions: Hornacious
Maybe Golic Jr and his female counterpart will make the cut. Was forced to watch their show last week while getting my hair cut and it's about as bad a of a show as they've ever put up.

Pretty much every major company that has been affected by the pandemic has similar storylines. Not really sure I’d call it entertaining.
I agree. I mean ESPN has gone down over the years but don't wish someone losing job on nobody except someone who thinks it entertainment to hear people losing their job.. it's not the employees fault but the leadership.

Karma a bitch for those who think it's entertainment to lose a job

Damn, I wish you could put a zero or two behind those numbers.

Reactions: Genesis1one

Not surprising but their fall has been more entertaining than their product.
T2QY.gif

I don’t see why people always think it’s funny when ESPN has issues. They literally cater to your passion. Stop being an idiot. Sports needs a healthy ESPN

Why? I don’t think it’s funny that people are losing their jobs, but I don’t get why we “need” espn. They tend to be a big part of the problem with sports.

Why? I don’t think it’s funny that people are losing their jobs, but I don’t get why we “need” espn. They tend to be a big part of the problem with sports.
Definitely don't need ESPN. We need a sports venue that just sticks to sports.

Reactions: willada7620

I always celebrate people losing their livelihoods. You know this isn't just high payed network talent right?

Reactions: 00aubie
At a loss here... why are we celebrating? And why isn’t this a bad thing for sports broadcasts/providers over the next several years? The reason ESPN “went woke” was to follow the wildly successful model of putting personalities on pedestals to yell at everything; ie, Fox News and MSNBC.

Maybe Golic Jr and his female counterpart will make the cut. Was forced to watch their show last week while getting my hair cut and it's about as bad a of a show as they've ever put up.

I have not watched the show so not doubting that it is bad. However I tend to like Golic, Jr in the right role, he is versatile and seems like that skill would be particularly valuable for the Mouse while they constrict.

I don’t see why people always think it’s funny when ESPN has issues. They literally cater to your passion. Stop being an idiot. Sports needs a healthy ESPN

The flaw in your argument is the word SPORTS. If they had stuck to that instead of giving their viewers a lecture about how bad they were because of their race maybe things would be ok. Just chalk up their loses with those of the NFL and NBA.

Reactions: oldwarrior62
At a loss here... why are we celebrating? And why isn’t this a bad thing for sports broadcasts/providers over the next several years? The reason ESPN “went woke” was to follow the wildly successful model of putting personalities on pedestals to yell at everything; ie, Fox News and MSNBC.
True but people go to the news outlets specifically for that kind of content.

Sports channels? Not so much

Reactions: oldwarrior62
I’m old enough to remember the very first fledgling days of espn. The days when they showed just about every sport available on the globe. When they went talky, they started losing their audience and it’s just gotten worse every year since. Add in a big dose of extremely poor management year after year along with a good deal of cord cutting and you get this result. Espn is going to have to do more than just lay off some help in order to survive, it’s going to have to really change the fundamental way it’s doing business on both ends of the spectrum. That will eventually mean less money to schools and other organizations for their product too.

ESPN's problems have been well documented. Scapegoating COVID is laughable.
Covid-19 just sped it up.

I also find it ironic that so many of these sports folks lobbied for a rona related shutdown in regards to sports. The chickens have come home to roost for those folks.

Their level of wokeness and COVID have been a disaster of a combo for them. I hate people are losing jobs because that affects families. That sucks. However, wokeness is a divisive cult in this country and even the people that participate in it are not free from its tentacles. I hate to say it but I love when it consumes its own.

Their level of wokeness and COVID have been a disaster of a combo for them. I hate people are losing jobs because that affects families. That sucks. However, wokeness is a divisive cult in this country and even the people that participate in it are not free from its tentacles. I hate to say it but I love when it consumes its own.
I’m gonna move this to Dear Diary. That’s where you’re going with it.

My only statement here is this: Compassion never is a problem.

I’m gonna move this to Dear Diary. That’s where you’re going with it.

My only statement here is this: Compassion never is a problem.

and I stated that I hate that for families. However, choices have consequences and being compassionate and facilitating stupidity are very different. How about that for compassion. Take your compassion and shove it up your ass. I am done son. Out.

ESPN has put Auburn football on TV more than any other network. I have love for ESPN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT