ADVERTISEMENT

Dual breast feeding moms, NSFW

Looks like me and my 10 month old. I don't have a pic of that so here is a substitute
large.jpg

I have no problem with breast-feeding/nursing "until" Mom & child decide it's time to give it up. But yes, occasionally I see a breast-feeding mother and feel the immediate need to look away as if I've done something wrong or am seeing something dirty...but that's just the status quo for the faux-prude society so many of us were raised in. It takes a concerted effort for me to not react at all to seeing that in public, e.g.

That being said, my favorite story of this ilk happened probably a decade ago. We took the kids to Magic Kingdom in August. Dumb move I know. Anywhoo, we were standing in the line for Splash Water Falls, an hour long wait. In front of us was a Euro couple, I'd guess Czech from the accent, with two children. One was 7 or so, the other was a toddler, probably three. Toddler spent most of his time in a harness on mom's back although she'd occasionally get him down and let him move around. After maybe 30 minutes, he started fussing. She tried to give him a snack which he refused, then tried to give him water, which he drank a little of then dropped on the ground. Then, much without warning, she popped her right breast out of her tube top and bent it back over her shoulder - yes, it was THAT large, to the 3rd year old, who grabbed it with both hands and went to town. He nursed for a good 10 minutes, and the whole time I'm doing everything I can to distract my kids because I knew at least one of them wouldn't stop talking about it if she saw it.

And she did. And that's all I heard about for 3-4 days straight afterwards.

"Dad, why did that boy bite his mom's boobie?"

"Dad, did I do that when I was little (she's 5 asking these questions, mind you)?"

"Dad, do you bite mom's boobie?"

Etc., etc. I was so appreciative of the opportunity to answer these questions.

I have no problem with breast-feeding/nursing "until" Mom & child decide it's time to give it up. But yes, occasionally I see a breast-feeding mother and feel the immediate need to look away as if I've done something wrong or am seeing something dirty...but that's just the status quo for the faux-prude society so many of us were raised in. It takes a concerted effort for me to not react at all to seeing that in public, e.g.

That being said, my favorite story of this ilk happened probably a decade ago. We took the kids to Magic Kingdom in August. Dumb move I know. Anywhoo, we were standing in the line for Splash Water Falls, an hour long wait. In front of us was a Euro couple, I'd guess Czech from the accent, with two children. One was 7 or so, the other was a toddler, probably three. Toddler spent most of his time in a harness on mom's back although she'd occasionally get him down and let him move around. After maybe 30 minutes, he started fussing. She tried to give him a snack which he refused, then tried to give him water, which he drank a little of then dropped on the ground. Then, much without warning, she popped her right breast out of her tube top and bent it back over her shoulder - yes, it was THAT large, to the 3rd year old, who grabbed it with both hands and went to town. He nursed for a good 10 minutes, and the whole time I'm doing everything I can to distract my kids because I knew at least one of them wouldn't stop talking about it if she saw it.

"Dad, did I do that when I was little (she's 5 asking these questions, mind you)?"

LOL, I don't miss those days and then I do.

Feminists.. Some things I will never understand

How does a child get milk from baloney nips? There is like no nipple and the areaola just kind of blends into the pancake bewb.

Reactions: demeat
I bet they don't shower.....looked like a bunch of hippies to me. If they are ok with breast feeding in public than they should be ok with me getting up in there to watch. Would they be upset if I started taking pics? Probably. And yes, some of those "kids" looked about ready to go to college.

PS I don't have a problem with public breast feeding, just with be yelled at for staring.

Reactions: WarEagleG

"that's just the status quo for the faux-prude society so many of us were raised in" I have to disagree there friend: it's not about being a prude or how we were raised for the most part. God made those things dual purpose: nourishment and sex organs-nothing we can do about it and we shouldn't feel guilty about being uncomfortable.

Another potential looker from the last link

Y'all are so insensitive. Some of those are old enough to be bunker members. What? There is a couple.

I can attest to a couple on here being bewbs. Amirite?

Some of the girls were hot... But weird seeing the 4 or 5 year old sucking on their bewbs

I agree on both accounts. I, however, don't think there is a 4 to 5 year old that is latched on in any of the photos. The kids sitting in the tree looks to be the oldest and he is probably three, which is still too old to breastfeed.

Some parents take showers with their kids to save time. At what age should that stop. Personally I would never do it. What say bunker?

I bet her bewbs look so pretty...
Since she was prone to pop them out in semi-public places I can state emphatically that they did not. Probably didn't before she breast fed for 6 straight years either though would be my guess.

Reactions: demeat
Yikes. Some strange people out there now. some of those kids were way too old.
My wife is still breast feeding our 1.5 yr old. Has not been sick or gone to Dr in her life besides check up when abg is 4-6 times.per yr. Im.starting to have issues with it mainly bc she's becoming a literal titty baby. However world health or recommends giving G the natural nip til 2yrs old and there's great lit out there supporting feeding them from the breast til 4 or 5......a Lil old for me but I can't argue w the results. I think they will naturally wean as mine seems to be now but supplementing a great diet with best milk seems the nest thing for a long while. Forget how long cousin chimps breast feed there lil ones. Anyway, I'll try to get pics for rules but highly doubtful it will happen.......but count me in the feed them tIL they don't have to use the step stool anymore if that's what you want.

@ThrustMaxwell and @BiscayneBayTgr

Just so I have a better chance of staying err...gaining entrance to cool crowd.....what is the Def cut off age......or am I/is my wife already a wierdo?

My wife is still breast feeding our 1.5 yr old. Has not been sick or gone to Dr in her life besides check up when abg is 4-6 times.per yr. Im.starting to have issues with it mainly bc she's becoming a literal titty baby. However world health or recommends giving G the natural nip til 2yrs old and there's great lit out there supporting feeding them from the breast til 4 or 5......a Lil old for me but I can't argue w the results. I think they will naturally wean as mine seems to be now but supplementing a great diet with best milk seems the nest thing for a long while. Forget how long cousin chimps breast feed there lil ones. Anyway, I'll try to get pics for rules but highly doubtful it will happen.......but count me in the feed them tIL they don't have to use the step stool anymore if that's what you want.

@ThrustMaxwell and @BiscayneBayTgr

Just so I have a better chance of staying err...gaining entrance to cool crowd.....what is the Def cut off age......or am I/is my wife already a wierdo?
It seems that after 18 months or so it's more about the mother's psychological needs than the child's needs for the nourishment provided by it. I don't get hung up on "is it gross?" so much as will it be psychologically detrimental to the child. I cannot say I've read any serious research on the issue either way.

Reactions: MCAU
It seems that after 18 months or so it's more about the mother's psychological needs than the child's needs for the nourishment provided by it. I don't get hung up on "is it gross?" so much as will it be psychologically detrimental to the child. I cannot say I've read any serious research on the issue either way.
Yeah, I disagree somewhat on the nourishment vs psychological need argument for first 2 yrs or sO but that might be bc my wife hates it and will likely wean before the 2 yr marker which was her goal from.beginning but I can Def see many if not the majority of long term breast feeders developing that need in a very significant and powerful manner. I esp start to agree with the argument more after the 2 yr mark as I would believe a child would.naturally wean itself as it becomes beneficial for himher to do so from a nourishment standpoint. I'd guess more of the post 2 yr Olds do it out of a habit/comfort/safety need (which likely supports the psychological disorder in the mother? I can already see that mine does it much more for comfort (when tired etc than say 4 months ago) and a reason she will likely be weaned when mom goes on a 4 day trip in next cpl weeks. Been nice to have a super immuno boosted toddler though.

Will also miss the sweet ta...........nah.

ADVERTISEMENT