ADVERTISEMENT

Don't Shoot The Messenger

Auburn93

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
May 7, 2005
Georgia
But this needs to be said. Some of us may have family members battling various cancers and anything to improve the outcome should be utilized.

CD36 is cellular protein found on many cells in our body. It imports fatty acids inside of our cells. Studies show that CD36 are responsible for increased metastasis in cancer patients. It has also been shown that palmitic acid upregulates CD36 expression. That means palmitic acid can make metastasis increase. It is important to know that meats, cheese, butter, and dairy all contain about 50 to 60% of their total fats as palmitic acid. Basically the more fat you eat, the increased potential for metastasis. This has been shown in breast cancer patients where a low fat diet increased survival 17%. On the contrary, eating broccoli and cruciferous vegetables decreased CD36 expression as much as 35%. This is just a couple examples of how our diet can help affect our health.

Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli) has also been shown to increase the survival in bladder cancer, lung cancer, and ovarian cancer. Milk has been shown to double the risk of dying in ovarian cancer.

Studies show good things to improve survival and lessen adverse effects of chemo in breast cancer are cruciferous vegetables, coffee, tea, soy, flaxseed, melatonin, and a low fat diet.

Now away from the studies, increased fat intake causes issues because of the CD36 uptake into cells. CD36 primarily works on long chain fatty acids and our good GI tract bacteria need short chain fatty acids for fuel. With a good diet and adequate good GI bacteria, we don't have long chain fatty acids floating in our bloodstream and we are healthy. Meat has palmitic acid but also higher sulfur and histamine levels. If we eat a lot of sulfur, we get more sulfur eating bacteria which cause inflammation in higher numbers. But over time, eating these things makes us unhealthy. I won't get into the increased methionine ingestion increasing methylation which increases our DNA production.

If anyone has a relative suffering from cancer, especially the ones mentioned above, studies show they can improve their outcome by modifying their diet.

Last edited:
wtf_talking_about_wolf_of_wallstreet.gif

But this needs to be said. Some of us may have family members battling various cancers and anything to improve the outcome should be utilized.

CD36 is cellular protein found on many cells in our body. It imports fatty acids inside of our cells. Studies show that CD36 are responsible for increased metastasis in cancer patients. It has also been shown that palmitic acid upregulates CD36 expression. That means palmitic acid can make metastasis increase. It is important to know that meats, cheese, butter, and dairy all contain about 50 to 60% of their total fats as palmitic acid. Basically the more fat you eat, the increased potential for metastasis. This has been shown in breast cancer patients where a low fat diet increased survival 17%. On the contrary, eating broccoli and cruciferous vegetables decreased CD36 expression as much as 35%. This is just a couple examples of how our diet can help affect our health.

Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli) has also been shown to increase the survival in bladder cancer, lung cancer, and ovarian cancer. Milk has been shown to double the risk of dying in ovarian cancer.

Studies show good things to improve survival and lessen adverse effects of chemo in breast cancer are cruciferous vegetables, coffee, tea, soy, flaxseed, melatonin, and a low fat diet.

Now away from the studies, increased fat intake causes issues because of the CD36 uptake into cells. CD36 primarily works on long chain fatty acids and our good GI tract bacteria need short chain fatty acids for fuel. With a good diet and adequate good GI bacteria, we don't have long chain fatty acids floating in our bloodstream and we are healthy. Meat has palmitic acid but also higher sulfur and histamine levels. If we eat a lot of sulfur, we get more sulfur eating bacteria which cause inflammation in higher numbers. But over time, eating these things makes us unhealthy. I won't get into the increased methionine ingestion increasing methylation which increases our DNA production.

If anyone has a relative suffering from cancer, especially the ones mentioned above, studies show they can improve their outcome by modifying their diet.

I am pretty much dead!

Thanks for the info.

When I was in third grade I read some mammals eat rocks to help with digestion.

I’ve been doing it for 30 years and I’m cancer free and HIV negative.

It works if you work it y’all.

This post is like a @Breumiacu_AU post but with words instead of a broken link.

Like I've been saying.. gotta work on lowering that inflammation if we want to live a long healthy life.
Sadly, my father in law died this past Thursday of cancer and I just found out tonight his brother in law (my favorite relative of my husband's) has bone cancer that has spread throughout his body. I am so sad..we wondered why we hadn't heard from him since my husband's dad died. Cancer sucks

Who said I wanted live a long healthy life anyways? I thought life was about making loads of money, chasing women, a lot of unprotected sects, snorting pure columbian bang bang, getting drunk all the time, and eating whatever the hell I wanted.
you sound like my hubs when discussing living a long life. (although, he isn't brave enough to mention the 'chasing women' around me and honestly, I keep him busy with the unprotected sects.)

you sound like my hubs when discussing living a long life. (although, he isn't brave enough to mention the 'chasing women' around me and honestly, I keep him busy with the unprotected sects.)
That's what I'm talking about, make sure you get yours first. Really I have changed my life around. Lost about 20 pounds so far. Started eating more greens and white meat, balancing a good amount of carbs instead of totally cutting them out. Also started going to the gym, hiking, and starting the couch to 5k program even though I hate running. My lard ass needed a change.

Hasn’t it been proven that low fat diets increase the occurrence of Alzheimer’s and dementia as the brain needs animal fat for fuel?

Reactions: SR-71_Blackbird
Hasn’t it been proven that low fat diets increase the occurrence of Alzheimer’s and dementia as the brain needs animal fat for fuel?
All fats aren't the same. Long chain fats like saturated fats are bad where shorter chain fats can be beneficial. One article states " High intake of unsaturated, unhydrogenated fats may be protective against Alzheimer disease, whereas intake of saturated or trans-unsaturated (hydrogenated) fats may increase risk."

I don't eat 15g of ground flax seed in my oatmeal everyday because I want to. FYI, flax seed needs to be ground to provide maximal benefit.

Here's another article.

https://sci-hub.se/https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0022510X04002886

That's what I'm talking about, make sure you get yours first. Really I have changed my life around. Lost about 20 pounds so far. Started eating more greens and white meat, balancing a good amount of carbs instead of totally cutting them out. Also started going to the gym, hiking, and starting the couch to 5k program even though I hate running. My lard ass needed a change.

I woke up about 2 weeks before the pandemic hit and decided that I was tired of being fat and ugly, couldn’t change the ugly but I’ve lost 65 lbs so far. In the gym at 4:30 am 5 days a week and start my day off with 3 and 1/4 miles in 17 minutes, at 63 that’s not a bad time.

Now I’ve just got to find more unprotected sects.

I woke up about 2 weeks before the pandemic hit and decided that I was tired of being fat and ugly, couldn’t change the ugly but I’ve lost 65 lbs so far. In the gym at 4:30 am 5 days a week and start my day off with 3 and 1/4 miles in 17 minutes, at 63 that’s not a bad time.

Keep up the good work. I just have to find that extra motivation on the days when I’m tired and don’t want to workout that day. I can’t help ya with the sects part. Good luck on that 😂😂

Reactions: hooter80

3+ miles in 17 minutes? I respectfully find that very hard to believe.

Dead serious but I wish OP would post his weekly meals. I would try it to see if it helps with some things.

but I do drink lots of coffee and eat broccoli with soy sauce when eating Japanese so I should be good??

Dead serious but I wish OP would post his weekly meals. I would try it to see if it helps with some things.

but I do drink lots of coffee and eat broccoli with soy sauce when eating Japanese so I should be good??
A lot haters here in the bunker with regards to @Auburn93 but I appreciate his posts.
I’d love for him to post a meal plan for a week. That would be super helpful

The coffee part is great. I'm glad I can say I'm at least doing something right.

I am far from perfect in my eating, but I do the best I can and when I get off course, I jump back on asap.

A good day would be to avoid breakfast. This is an easy way to intermittent fast. This isn't for everyone but studies do show increased longevity with fewer meals. I was taught and ate 5 or 6 smaller meals per day but the studies on lifespan show eating fewer meals, ie, fewer insulin spikes, increases lifespan. A better plan would be to eat breakfast and skip supper but that doesn't fit my lifestyle so I compromise.

Breakfast: 30g oatmeal, 12g local honey, 70g blueberries, 15g ground flaxseed with small glass of vanilla soymilk. Unsweetened is better but tastes nasty. This is based off my size, 175 to 180 lbs. Bigger or smaller people would need more or less

Lunch: Natural peanut butter and organic banana sandwich on Oat Nut bread

Snack: sweet potato or salad. Usually add a navel orange

Supper: Usually a homemade salad or we have a Sucheros close and eat there. The more color the better. My salads usually contain
60g spinach
70g blueberries
15g chopped onion
30 to 60g broccoli
60g Pine Nut Humus
15 to 30g tomato
30g carrots
30g almonds
15g Salad topper - has dried cranberries, sunflower kernels, soybeans, nuts
1 navel orange
2 watermelon chunks
2 tsp total of various spices, Thyme, Rosemary, Cumin, Basil, Parsley, etc
Sometimes cucumbers, sometimes ground flaxseed
If more calories are needed, I add granola

No dressing, keep the acids to a minimum. The volume of this helps clean out intestinal mucus that cause us issues as we age. Plants in volume are good about doing that. This can help correct our GI flora. People like me that are screwed just do the best we can.

This is preferred but by no means what I do everyday. We're always doing things that make this not happen but I can control what I eat at work.

That’s impressive man! I’m 32 and in pretty good shape and my goal is to get a 5k under 20 minutes. To do that I need to average a 6:25 mile.
That’s booking it for me.

edit: I currently sit around an average of 7:05-7:25
It’s mostly kind over matter, we convince ourselves that we can’t get we really can.

Of course the mental wall is by far the most difficult to overcome.

Reactions: GoodFood

As a lifelong runner and fairly competitive runner I want to know your training plan. My last sub 20 5k was a few years ago at 42 years old. And I was easily winning my age group at small races. If you are running 5:30 miles at 63 I need you to share some secrets man. And also, congrats on setting records.

I am far from perfect in my eating, but I do the best I can and when I get off course, I jump back on asap.

A good day would be to avoid breakfast. This is an easy way to intermittent fast. This isn't for everyone but studies do show increased longevity with fewer meals. I was taught and ate 5 or 6 smaller meals per day but the studies on lifespan show eating fewer meals, ie, fewer insulin spikes, increases lifespan. A better plan would be to eat breakfast and skip supper but that doesn't fit my lifestyle so I compromise.

Breakfast: 30g oatmeal, 12g local honey, 70g blueberries, 15g ground flaxseed with small glass of vanilla soymilk. Unsweetened is better but tastes nasty. This is based off my size, 175 to 180 lbs. Bigger or smaller people would need more or less

Lunch: Natural peanut butter and organic banana sandwich on Oat Nut bread

Snack: sweet potato or salad. Usually add a navel orange

Supper: Usually a homemade salad or we have a Sucheros close and eat there. The more color the better. My salads usually contain
60g spinach
70g blueberries
15g chopped onion
30 to 60g broccoli
60g Pine Nut Humus
15 to 30g tomato
30g carrots
30g almonds
15g Salad topper - has dried cranberries, sunflower kernels, soybeans, nuts
1 navel orange
2 watermelon chunks
2 tsp total of various spices, Thyme, Rosemary, Cumin, Basil, Parsley, etc
Sometimes cucumbers, sometimes ground flaxseed
If more calories are needed, I add granola

No dressing, keep the acids to a minimum. The volume of this helps clean out intestinal mucus that cause us issues as we age. Plants in volume are good about doing that. This can help correct our GI flora. People like me that are screwed just do the best we can.

This is preferred but by no means what I do everyday. We're always doing things that make this not happen but I can control what I eat at work.
Very similar to my eating. Just so hard when travelling or not able to do my own meal prep. This is the right track for avoiding cancer, heart disease, inflammation in general..

Reactions: Auburn93

On the contrary, some might say....

It’s time for you to eat nothing but meat and animal fats and lift weights.

There are infinite people with PhD’s ready to talk down carnivore. Most of them are skinny, sick, and undernourished.

But they have to be willing to contend with this:
We have the most educated, most advanced files of medicine in human history.
We also have, proportionally, the highest rates of cancer, diabetes, metabolic disorder, and heart disease in human history. Medicine is quite literally a whole industry dedicated to treating symptoms of poor diet for the last 30-40 years of life in order to keep us alive.

Animal based dieticians and physical therapists are creating way more convincing data than the pencil pushing vegetarians who have made it their career to stick up for pharmaceutical and food corporations.

Calling observational studies scientific should be offensive to scientists.

• Haha
Reactions: OrigAUgirl
We also have, proportionally, the highest rates of cancer, diabetes, metabolic disorder, and heart disease in human history. Medicine is quite literally a whole industry dedicated to treating symptoms of poor diet for the last 30-40 years of life in order to keep us alive.
What changed in the last 40 years? You could even go back and say 70 years, but what changed was our percentage of protein and calories from protein and fat. In the 50's the average protein intake was around 50 grams per day. Now, it's 150 grams a day. One could argue it was the fat or the protein causing the problems, but either way, you are right. What we eat is killing us and it starts with processed meat. It's a confirmed carcinogenic. So is red meat. The other meats have various amounts of methionine but all of it is laden in sulfur. The sulfur is broken down in the intestines into hydrogen sulfide which acts as a pro-oxidant. That causes inflammation and damages DNA.

• Love
Reactions: OrigAUgirl
These are very important & interesting discussions and it is healthy to have such debates or comparisons of opinion. I have someone in my ear who has done much research on their own, some practical experience in the health field, but no professional doctorate training. Having disclosed that, one might suggest that.......

Red meat is only confirmed as carcinogenic in observational epidemiological studies. In other words, it isn’t confirmed at all. No respectable scientist will encounter this methodology problem and continue to assert those claims.
Yes, processed meats are bad- because they’re not just meat. They’re chock full of chemicals and derivatives we would never normally encounter. What you’re conveniently leaving out, and what others do ALL THE TIME is the linoleic acid from processed seed oils. Seed oils are 90% of fats on the market. 50-70 years ago they were not mainstream, animal fats were. Now you cannot go out to eat, and hardly anyone cooks at home, without processed seed oils being used in preparation.

These are very important & interesting discussions and it is healthy to have such debates or comparisons of opinion. I have someone in my ear who has done much research on their own, some practical experience in the health field, but no professional doctorate training. Having disclosed that, one might suggest that.......

Red meat is only confirmed as carcinogenic in observational epidemiological studies. In other words, it isn’t confirmed at all. No respectable scientist will encounter this methodology problem and continue to assert those claims.
Yes, processed meats are bad- because they’re not just meat. They’re chock full of chemicals and derivatives we would never normally encounter. What you’re conveniently leaving out, and what others do ALL THE TIME is the linoleic acid from processed seed oils. Seed oils are 90% of fats on the market. 50-70 years ago they were not mainstream, animal fats were. Now you cannot go out to eat, and hardly anyone cooks at home, without processed seed oils being used in preparation.
I'm more concerned with palmitic acid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT