ADVERTISEMENT

Dog vs. cat issue...

graham bAyoU

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2006
We have a 14 month old lab that we got as a pup early last year. We have two cats and both lived with our previous dog before he died. The cat we've had longest just sees dogs as a nuisance, but tolerates them. The second is a stray we took in that has always been very friendly to dogs. Took to the pup immediately and other than the occasional tap to put him in his place they got along great.

A few months ago the cat cornered the dog in out bedroom. The dog was nervously growling and when I went to check on them the cat chased the dog from one end of the house to the other. This happened a few other times soon after. The dog is a little older now and the tables have turned. In the last few days I've had to grab the dog as he's been all over this cat and pissed off. It just happened again and had to knock the dog away from the cat before I could get him out the door. I'm not sure if the cat's instigating or the dog remembers getting run and just starts going off. I never see it when it starts. Sometimes they're ok together. Other times I've tried to get them together to make peace and the dog goes off again.

TLDR, I know. I'm wondering if anyone here has ever had dog and cat acclimate and then have issues later? I've never seen this. The cat's a big boy and can take care of himself, but the dog means business and I'm concerned he might kill him if he gets hold of him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News