ADVERTISEMENT

Do you work for an employer with 100 or more employees?

Does your employer employ 100+ people?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
My man gets it. We’ve been rolling for a long time now. That’s why no one takes it serious when you’re suddenly concerned about freedom, when it comes to a mask and a vaccine.

giphy.gif

It doesn’t matter who is in office, we lost our freedoms with the Patriot Act and it’s been downhill ever since.

Yep. I said in Jan 2020 in the GOAT Covid thread that one of my biggest fears was government taking liberties to deal with the “emergency” and never looking back. I used the patriot act as a prime example.

we had a good discussion on limiting rights in times of emergency back in April 2020.

Yep. I said in Jan 2020 in the GOAT Covid thread that one of my biggest fears was government taking liberties to deal with the “emergency” and never looking back. I used the patriot act as a prime example.

we had a good discussion on limiting rights in times of emergency back in April 2020.

I think you’re right. My gut says they’ll use the “health crisis” tactic in guns as well. A mix between that, and just taxing the hell out of them to the point it’s no longer feasible.

To me, there is a massive difference between mandating federal employees get the vaccine and mandating private businesses vaccine/testing policy. It's completely outside of Biden's prevue and very dictatorial. It's just not possible to me that the government has not accepted the inevitability of this virus. I accepted it as soon as a read about the virus. It will be around forever. It will be bad. Everybody, if they live long enough, will get it. Infringing on peoples rights, to help "protect them" from this virus, is an absolute exercise in futility. Here is another thing these folks fail to digest. These variants mutated a long time ago. The reason they are emerging into the population now is because of their ability to spread and infect both the vaccinated and those with antibodies. Every person on the planet could get a vaccine and COVID would continue to infect, kill, and mutate until another vaccine is needed.

Reactions: Huff664

GRATE JOB FIGGGY POOOO!!

Reactions: WarDamnEagle
I’m just glad I work with less than 100 people…I must be immune
It’s probably more of the data science Pareto principle (80/20). If you aren’t familiar, the concept is that 80% of consequences come from 20% of the causes. Applied loosely, 80% gain in vaccinations could come from the 20% largest companies. Now I personally doubt that break is at 100 employees so probably it is more than just that, but leaving the smaller companies out because they just don’t move the needle that much isn’t that surprising.
but.....Nearly half of all Americans—47.5 percent—are employed by small businesses. This means that 58.9 million employees in the United States work at a small business. Other statistics of note: Businesses with less than 100 workers employ the largest share of American workers.

do their lives not matter

Reactions: vanceme
He is…any employer with 100 or more employees. $14k fine for each individual violation - this to private businesses.

I see you have a problem with reading. It’s a weekly test if not vaccinated.

If you are going to mandate, and it is so popular - why not mandate the same way the "affordable care act' is mandated?

And if it is about saving lives why exempt the USPS?

I know you will not answer these questions...

How is the ACA mandated? Isn’t that for employers 100 and over? The USPS is an agency run by somebody the president can’t even fire.

I made zero political commentary, only that I don't think I'll work for a large employer again. You want to to twist that comment into some sort of tribalistic argument. I would normally tell someone that you're better than this, but we all know you are not.

Dude, look at your quote. It’s clearly showed you were pissed.

What it also shows, is that you are likely the "wrong'est man about COVID" on the entire internet. You argued folks down that the Government would not implement mandates here in the U.S., but most of us are used to you being DEAD wrong, (while never being wrong.......in your own mind and own delusive reality).

This isn’t a vaccine mandate and I never said that about federal employees, anti-vaxxer.

Oh my gosh it's scary, that there are 6 or 7 people who can't discern the key difference between a company needing to provide Health Insurance, (in a country without a national healthcare), and a completely new/novel vaccine or drug, for which we have ZERO usage data from the mid-term and long-term segments of the full life-cycle of the drug.

It's astounding to see this level of specious thought and reasoning, at play. It's really, really sad and scary man.

This isn’t a vaccine mandate. Read, son. Read.

Good point - Why didn't the biden administration use a mandate similar to the Affordable Care act enforced by the IRS for every man, woman and child eligible for the vaccine?

He can’t do that. He can regulate businesses though.

This is an old one dem talking point, reality is today most companies realize that health insurance is a benefit that they offer to attract better employees.

Most but not all. There’s a reason they mandated it. If you don’t have a problem with it then you shouldn’t have a problem with new rule.

It's about to be tested in court. These are calculated moves by political royals in government to test the merits of the Constitution. It's Hobby Lobby Part Deux. Hobby Lobby won, but I am not sure what the outcome will be in this case for companies that take the government on with this. The fact they exempted USPS may be the achilles heel. About to be really interesting.

The SC have been clear on this so it will make it thru imo. The alternate test almost guarantees it as it’s not a vaccine mandate. Even if it was, the federal Gvt has been mandating vaccines for decades and the SC ruled they could.

so if the employer doesn't test, the feds are mandating vaccines....

Lol. Wut? It doesn’t work like that. An unvaccinated person has to test weekly. That’s it. That’s the rule.

Color me skeptical, but It seems like a fairly political decision. He doesn’t need Covid still being a thing when the midterms roll around. We have an incredibly short attention span, so Afghanistan will be forgot about by then.

So you admit this helps us get past the pandemic. Agree.

This will 100% get bitch slapped over center field by the Supreme Court.

this is the biggest attempted over-reach by the “progressives” I can remember

I can only assume that you’re very ignorant on the history of the SC and federal vaccine mandates. That being said, this isn’t a vaccine mandate.

So you admit this helps us get past the pandemic. Agree.
For sure. In a perfect world, everyone would have gotten the vaccine and we’d already be past this. I just value personal liberty more, where as you seem to value the “greater good” more. Whose to say which of us is right? I just don’t believe in a government that has the right to force something into your body, otherwise you’ll be heavily inconvenienced or taxed. However, I also realize we’ve been given up those rights for a long.

It’s ok. We both know you were pissed so you started this thread. You don’t have to say it out loud.
So if we're just assuming things I'm going to assume you're a mouth breath trogolodyte who does nothing but parrot talking points put forth by your tribe.

The intent of this thread was to gather data of Bunker members company sizes. Also, should probably spend less time o the bunker and more time GFY.

For sure. In a perfect world, everyone would have gotten the vaccine and we’d already be past this. I just value personal liberty more, where as you seem to value the “greater good” more. Whose to say which of us is right? I just don’t believe in a government that has the right to force something into your body, otherwise you’ll be heavily inconvenienced or taxed. However, I also realize we’ve been given up those rights for a long.

How would we be past this? I am pro vaccine and agree it would help if people go the vaccine but help me understand how we are past this when:

1) Delta was found in India pre-vaccine and is not a mutation because of unvaccinated
2) Delta infects those with the vaccine
3) Vaccinated people carry the same viral load and transmit as those without the vaccine
4) Delta is the dominate strain in the United States

----links----

1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SARS-...ta variant, also known,variant on 31 May 2021.

2/3) https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday...-in-breakthrough-delta-cases-almost-identical

4) https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...w-the-dominant-coronavirus-variant-in-the-u-s

How would we be past this? I am pro vaccine and agree it would help if people go the vaccine but help me understand how we are past this when:

1) Delta was found in India pre-vaccine and is not a mutation because of unvaccinated
2) Delta infects those with the vaccine
3) Vaccinated people carry the same viral load and transmit as those without the vaccine
4) Delta is the dominate strain in the United States

----links----

1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SARS-CoV-2_Delta_variant#:~:text=The Delta variant, also known,variant on 31 May 2021.

2/3) https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday...-in-breakthrough-delta-cases-almost-identical

4) https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...w-the-dominant-coronavirus-variant-in-the-u-s
In full disclosure, I’m assuming. Im anything but a virologist, and everyone smarter than me seems to point to the vaccines as the solution. Furthermore, I really haven’t heard any other plausible option, as far as preventative measures goes. Im also vaccinated, and find a level of peace in that. Is it enough that I feel like I need to force it on others? No.

Reactions: FIG-JAM
In full disclosure, I’m assuming. Im anything but a virologist, and everyone smarter than me seems to point to the vaccines as the solution. Furthermore, I really haven’t heard any other plausible option, as far as preventative measures goes. Im also vaccinated, and find a level of peace in that. Is it enough that I feel like I need to force it on others? No.

i am not suggesting you are for it. I just question how we would be out of this if everyone got a vaccine given the information we know about the current variant in the united states.

i am not suggesting you are for it. I just question how we would be out of this if everyone got a vaccine given the information we know about the current variant in the united states.
You very well could be right. There is plenty I don’t like about all of this. The misinformation from day one, only being able to put it out when it comes from one direction, to just name a few things. At the end of the day, I keep going back to not having any other plausible options, in regards to preventive measures.

The SC have been clear on this so it will make it thru imo. The alternate test almost guarantees it as it’s not a vaccine mandate. Even if it was, the federal Gvt has been mandating vaccines for decades and the SC ruled they could.
I don't think it makes it through, not sure the left even wants it to....this could be the left building a case for stacking the court...I wouldn't put it past them to use this and texas and the always friendly main stream media to build their case over the next year.

American people logic:
1) Patriot Act is ok because we have to fight the War on Terror.
2) I’m not getting a vaccine because of my freedoms.

giphy.gif

American people logic:
1) Patriot Act is ok because we have to fight the War on Terror.
2) I’m not getting a vaccine because of my freedoms.

giphy.gif
“You can’t enter the store without a shirt and shoes.”

“No problem.”

“You can’t enter the store without a mask.”

“Tyranny!! 1776!!”

• Haha
Reactions: warrech
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT