ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Decision day for...

Caleb Jones

All-American
Staff
Aug 10, 2021
twitter.com
2025 RB Alvin Henderson. It's been a long day coming for an announcement.

Here's what we know. Auburn, for a while, was considered the front runner and school to beat. Once Carnell Williams resigned and Derrick Nix was hired, Henderson was the first recruit Nix reached out to. That relationship has been built strong, while some other members on the staff (Charles Kelly, Hugh Freeze) also have a great relationship with him.

Flash forward to today, he's visited plenty of places this spring and Auburn is no longer seen as the easy favorite to land him. There is not a favorite to land him at the moment. Auburn, Miami, Florida State, Penn State all hosted him this spring, and several weeks ago, I said I believed it was between Auburn, FSU and Miami. However, the Penn State official visit gave the Nittany Lions a huge boost and I consider them a serious contender now.

As of yesterday, it sounds like Henderson doesn't have a strong idea of which program it's going to be. I do think it's going to be a toss up. Could be Auburn, but I'm not incredibly confident. However, even if it's not Auburn today, I still think the Tigers win out in the end and sign Henderson.

My prediction for today? I'll go Penn State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News