ADVERTISEMENT

Day 1 RNC Takeaways

WarEagleG

G IS FOR 'GROOVE'
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2003
Atlanta, GA
  1. Kristi Noem absolutely nailed the message of conservative governance. While it wasn't the most rousing speech, she clearly highlighted the stark difference in how a conservative governs compared to today's democrat (I don't even like calling them liberals since they have bastardized that word). The results speak for themselves.
  2. Rep John James, conversely, had a surprisingly energetic speech that got the crowd on their feet. He was the first of many to reinforce the message that despite racism existing in this country, we are not a racist country. His family raised him to never be a victim and believe in his opportunity. He was one of many black elected officials who spoke on day 1 and delivered a similar message, but I thought his speech was the best.
  3. Amber Rose was perhaps the shock of the night in the quality and messaging behind her speech. She embodies the regular American who was sold a message by the media that MAGA = hate until she did her own research. Nothing emphasized how big of a lie that is as much as getting a standing ovation from the overwhelmingly white MAGA crowd when she said "Donald Trump and his supporters don't care if you are black, white, gay or straight. It's all love." Clearly flies in the face of the media message.

Some other good speeches but those stuck out the most to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.