ADVERTISEMENT

COVID Ramblings

Auburn93

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
May 7, 2005
Georgia
The Delta strain creates a much higher viral load than the previous strains that cause COVID-19. In just our small rural area, I've seen deaths in people 46, 35, and 30 years old. The virus simply overwhelms its victims. Some of these people appear to be relatively healthy. None of our governmental agencies have stated why this is happening, so I will give my opinion as to why what appear to be healthy people are succumbing to this virus..

People with chronic inflammation would be at an increased risk for having complications from the Delta strain. This would be people with an increased intestinal permeability or "Leaky Gut" as some people call it. I haven't looked at the current data on it but years ago, it was estimated that 4% of our population had a leaky gut. This could be people with Rheumatoid Arthritis, people with vector borne diseases like Lyme Disease, Babesiosis, Bartonelliosis, etc, people who have ringing in their ears after they eat, or people with food allergies/sensitivities. It is my belief that all of these people have an increased intestinal permeability.

Food allergies can be a controversial topic depending on who you talk to, but I'm not talking as much about IgE food allergies as I am IgG sensitivity reactions. The IgE food allergies can be immediate and severe. IgE food allergies occur in 5 percent of children under the age of five and roughly 4 percent of adolescents and adults have a food allergy. I'm talking more about the IgG sensitivity reactions which can take hours or days to show up. Some physicians call them secondary food allergies. I believe the IgG reactions to food can increase the the chances of complications from a COVID infection.

I believe if more people got IgG food sensitivity tests performed and eliminated the foods that caused IgG reactions, their health would improve and they could even fare better from a COVID infection.

You think my Nucala will provide some protection if I get sick? It’s anti-IL15 in case you didn’t know off the top of your head.

You think my Nucala will provide some protection if I get sick? It’s anti-IL15 in case you didn’t know off the top of your head.
I have no idea about that, but the fact that you need to take that wouldn't be a good thing.

I have no idea about that, but the fact that you need to take that wouldn't be a good thing.
I wanted to go on a biologic for my asthma and expected to go on an anti-IgE. I was surprised that she wanted to go this route

The Delta strain creates a much higher viral load than the previous strains that cause COVID-19. In just our small rural area, I've seen deaths in people 46, 35, and 30 years old. The virus simply overwhelms its victims. Some of these people appear to be relatively healthy. None of our governmental agencies have stated why this is happening, so I will give my opinion as to why what appear to be healthy people are succumbing to this virus..

People with chronic inflammation would be at an increased risk for having complications from the Delta strain. This would be people with an increased intestinal permeability or "Leaky Gut" as some people call it. I haven't looked at the current data on it but years ago, it was estimated that 4% of our population had a leaky gut. This could be people with Rheumatoid Arthritis, people with vector borne diseases like Lyme Disease, Babesiosis, Bartonelliosis, etc, people who have ringing in their ears after they eat, or people with food allergies/sensitivities. It is my belief that all of these people have an increased intestinal permeability.

Food allergies can be a controversial topic depending on who you talk to, but I'm not talking as much about IgE food allergies as I am IgG sensitivity reactions. The IgE food allergies can be immediate and severe. IgE food allergies occur in 5 percent of children under the age of five and roughly 4 percent of adolescents and adults have a food allergy. I'm talking more about the IgG sensitivity reactions which can take hours or days to show up. Some physicians call them secondary food allergies. I believe the IgG reactions to food can increase the the chances of complications from a COVID infection.

I believe if more people got IgG food sensitivity tests performed and eliminated the foods that caused IgG reactions, their health would improve and they could even fare better from a COVID infection.

interesting read. i recently did a comprehensive nutraeval. no leaky gut, but some inflammation and malabsorption. been working on conrrecting those issues with glutamine, colostrum, bone broth, etc. also drink kombucha and take a probiotic, along with omega-3s, tumeric, multi, among other supplements (all directed by my functional/integrative doc). currently unvaxxed trying to hold out for the novavax..... i'm trying to be careful, but with kids in school dealing with lots of variables to exposure.

i'm also very interested in learning more about possible cross-reactive immunity to SCV2—the good kind. would you happen to know anything about possible protection from other coronaviruses or resp viruses?

i'm also very interested in learning more about possible cross-reactive immunity to SCV2—the good kind. would you happen to know anything about possible protection from other coronaviruses or resp viruses?
I don't. I'm not sure there are many people who do. What I do know is that we are limited in what our immune system can do. Those limitations can be caused by genetics or our environment. Genetic limitations could come from epi-genetic shifts to the genes of our methylation pathway. That pathway is responsible for making DNA, polyamines, and B and T cells. A reduction here directly limits our immune response. Our microbiome plays a huge role in this.

I would think if your body is constantly fighting viruses, you will have lower amounts of "raw materials" that are used to fight viruses. For instance, IgG is made of two parts, a constant region and a variable region. The variable region is what is specific to fight each individual virus but the constant portion contains sequences of amino acids that are relatively the same. If your body only has X amount of those amino acids and you are fighting multiple viruses, there may not be enough of those sequences to make enough IgG to go around. I believe that could be what is happening to patients that have severe cases of COVID. This would create an oxidative stress nightmare to the extreme where acid/base issues at the cellular level occur. Bradykinin would be used as a buffering agent in such a situation because all of the other buffering systems have failed.

ADVERTISEMENT