ADVERTISEMENT

COVID Perspective

Auburn93

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
May 7, 2005
Georgia
I can't imagine what the doctors and nurses are going through right now dealing with all of the new COVID patients. It has truly got to be a level of stress that few in the healthcare industry ever see outside of a trauma ward. All I see is ambulatory COVID patients or their relatives but there is a constant stream of them. I would guess that half of my new prescriptions today were for COVID patients. That's probably a third of everyone in the store was for COVID. Each day this week, I thought that it wouldn't get any worse and yet it has. In the last week or two, we've lost people in my rural area that were 46, 35, and 30 years old. None were obese and didn't appear to have comorbidities. None were vaccinated. I have another that is a friend in his early 50's that just came off the vent.

I see people now as three types: 1. the vaccinated, 2. the people on the fence but not vaccinated, and 3. people that will never get vaccinated. If you are on the fence and haven't gotten vaccinated but just aren't sure, you need to go ahead and get vaccinated. This virus isn't going away and will mutate any way it can to stay viable. The vaccine can be the difference in life and death. I think it will eventually mutate around the vaccines which means more boosters, but that is down the road. Now is what we need to be concerned with. Our health district call this week put the peak at tomorrow and lets hope that is accurate. The physicians in our area are throwing everything they can at the virus trying to help these people. The kids are getting it at a much higher rate but so far they have fared well. Let's hope the we start trending downward.

I can't imagine what the doctors and nurses are going through right now dealing with all of the new COVID patients. It has truly got to be a level of stress that few in the healthcare industry ever see outside of a trauma ward. All I see is ambulatory COVID patients or their relatives but there is a constant stream of them. I would guess that half of my new prescriptions today were for COVID patients. That's probably a third of everyone in the store was for COVID. Each day this week, I thought that it wouldn't get any worse and yet it has. In the last week or two, we've lost people in my rural area that were 46, 35, and 30 years old. None were obese and didn't appear to have comorbidities. None were vaccinated. I have another that is a friend in his early 50's that just came off the vent.

I see people now as three types: 1. the vaccinated, 2. the people on the fence but not vaccinated, and 3. people that will never get vaccinated. If you are on the fence and haven't gotten vaccinated but just aren't sure, you need to go ahead and get vaccinated. This virus isn't going away and will mutate any way it can to stay viable. The vaccine can be the difference in life and death. I think it will eventually mutate around the vaccines which means more boosters, but that is down the road. Now is what we need to be concerned with. Our health district call this week put the peak at tomorrow and lets hope that is accurate. The physicians in our area are throwing everything they can at the virus trying to help these people. The kids are getting it at a much higher rate but so far they have fared well. Let's hope the we start trending downward.

Good post. Anything is possible but I disagree with:

“I think it will eventually mutate around the vaccines which means more boosters, but that is down the road. Now is what we need to be concerned with. “

It’s the biggest concern but most think it won’t happen. The Scientists I read believe it would have to make itself weaker to the point of a cold to get around the vaccines. The boosters aren’t due to any evading variant. It’s due to antibodies waning. It’s only waning for protection from infection. Moderna is holding up much better. Two of the reasons Jay be it was 2-3 times the vaccine per dose and it was 4 weeks apart instead of 3 weeks apart. They think UK is doing better than Israel in infections because the shots were 8-12 weeks apart instead of 3 (Israel mostly Pfizer). The fact that the vaccines are holding up against severe disease at a very high rate shows the vaccine is holding up to all variants so far.

This isn't like other viruses.
Good post. Anything is possible but I disagree with:

“I think it will eventually mutate around the vaccines which means more boosters, but that is down the road. Now is what we need to be concerned with. “

It’s the biggest concern but most think it won’t happen. The Scientists I read believe it would have to make itself weaker to the point of a cold to get around the vaccines. The boosters aren’t due to any evading variant. It’s due to antibodies waning. It’s only waning for protection from infection. Moderna is holding up much better. Two of the reasons Jay be it was 2-3 times the vaccine per dose and it was 4 weeks apart instead of 3 weeks apart. They think UK is doing better than Israel in infections because the shots were 8-12 weeks apart instead of 3 (Israel mostly Pfizer). The fact that the vaccines are holding up against severe disease at a very high rate shows the vaccine is holding up to all variants so far.
This isn't like other viruses. It has such a long latency period that it doesn't have to weaken to improve survivability, all it has to do is increase hosts. It can do that through increasing cell accessibility which can also increase viral load. Delta is doing a very great job of that. Since the vaccines don't stop the virus, they are the perfect situation to continue the virus through mutation. it will use vaccinated hosts to mutate to newer forms that will be more infectious. Ultimately, there won't be many unvaccinated, they will either die, develop a good natural immunity, or be vaccinated. That is just how I see it.

This isn't like other viruses.

This isn't like other viruses. It has such a long latency period that it doesn't have to weaken to improve survivability, all it has to do is increase hosts. It can do that through increasing cell accessibility which can also increase viral load. Delta is doing a very great job of that. Since the vaccines don't stop the virus, they are the perfect situation to continue the virus through mutation. it will use vaccinated hosts to mutate to newer forms that will be more infectious. Ultimately, there won't be many unvaccinated, they will either die, develop a good natural immunity, or be vaccinated. That is just how I see it.

Lol. Yea, I’m going with the scientists over the pharmacist. This thing should be the flu in a year. If they become more contagious and evade the vaccine, it will be a cold.

Lol. Yea, I’m going with the scientists over the pharmacist. This thing should be the flu in a year. If they become more contagious and evade the vaccine, it will be a cold.
If I end up being correct, then you have to self ban yourself for a month. That seems fair.

If I end up being correct, then you have to self ban yourself for a month. That seems fair.

You can never be wrong. You can just say it will happen down the road. It’s going to be hard for another variant to take over delta. Some have guessed another variant won’t.

Good for you friend

I still don't understand why they keep calling this a vaccine. It's an immunity booster plain and simple. I also believe that if the folks in charge would have explained it that way before offering, I think more and more people would have been acceptable to an immunity booster. But we are past that point now and hopefully more and more folks will get in line and get that shot.

I still don't understand why they keep calling this a vaccine. It's an immunity booster plain and simple. I also believe that if the folks in charge would have explained it that way before offering, I think more and more people would have been acceptable to an immunity booster. But we are past that point now and hopefully more and more folks will get in line and get that shot.

Ever heard of the flu vaccine? Lol at your reasoning on why idiots won’t get the vaccine.

This is the first time I’ve heard of vaccinated outnumbering the unvaccinated in hospitals. I’m skeptical

It’s a way to skew the numbers. They are at 8% of their hospitalizations during their biggest surge of cases last winter despite being at the same number of daily cases. So 79 hospitalized compared to 1000 then. They were mostly vaccinated by Pfizer with a 3 week interval. Most now believe UK is doing better than them because the interval was 8-12 weeks. Their hospitalizations should keep dropping since they boosted everybody over 60 and are working their way down. On one Pfizer study of antibodies, they had way more antibodies after the booster than they did after the second shot. They think it’s because of the 3 week interval being too short.

Reactions: Stumpfan
Ever heard of the flu vaccine? Lol at your reasoning on why idiots won’t get the vaccine.
It's known by just about everyone as a flu shot not vaccine. Saw a sign this weekend at Publix that said flu shot. Words do in fact have meaning.

This is the first time I’ve heard of vaccinated outnumbering the unvaccinated in hospitals. I’m skeptical

As the rate of vaccination increases in the population, the % of people hospitalized that are vaccinated will also increase. It seems counter-intuitive, but also assumes that the total number hospitalized will drastically reduce.

Also, "Vision Times" is a Chinese-owned newspaper. I have no idea where their biases generally land, but this article is more an opinion piece and less reporting. It definitely has an agenda.

It's known by just about everyone as a flu shot not vaccine. Saw a sign this weekend at Publix that said flu shot. Words do in fact have meaning.

It’s still called a vaccine. That’s the point. Nobody ever questioned it but it’s not politicized like this one.

ADVERTISEMENT