ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Deaths in Alabama last three days

11 (today)
4 (yesterday)

For a 3-day total of 16 or average of less than 6.

Good trend to see.

Hopefully continues and the high 3-day average in the 30s we had last week was more of a abnormality
Unless you are one of the 6.

Everybody keeps saying that every other country got deaths down and kept them down. Ever country handled it better than Trump. That is not true.

Other countries, Great Britain for one, are seeing big new spikes coming. The new spikes are also appearing to have a serious effect on young people. Spain has banned British visitors because of the rising numbers of cases from Great Britain.

Americans are stupid. We did really good with the shutdown until the very end. Britons adhered much more closely to lockdown rules than we did. In America far too many think it is their right not to wear a mask. Look at Louie Gohmert if you need an example. I like Louie but today he has tested positive for Covid just before he was supposed to board Air Force One to fly with the President to Texas. He also managed to walk down a Capitol hallway with Bill Barr yesterday, so now Barr has been exposed. And how many did Barr possibly expose yesterday afternoon, last night and this morning prior to hearing of Gohmert’s positive test? All this happened because Louie refused to wear a mask.

There are only a couple of ways to handle this mess. And it needs to be all or nothing behaviorally. We either all scrap the masks, move forward with our lives and whatever happens happens. Or we all need to wear a mask to at least show we are trying to protect others from each of us.

Doctors keep saying the masks work. Dr. Fauci said today to add goggles to the mask for more safety. I am not a Fauci disciple but I will try whatever it takes without fretting about it.

The bottom line is we are our own worst enemies and biggest cause of not being able to conquer this stuff. Our son has a church in northwest AL. They tried having a discussion of the masks trying to make it easier for more to return to the church. He said the discussion they had almost came to blows. Both sides are passionate about their opinions. They now face the issue of those who still have not returned to church. There are two groups there. One group won’t return because of having to wear a mask. The other group won’t return because people are not wearing masks.

We have got to come together on this thing. It is not an overstepping by government. It is what we need to do to get rid of this virus so we can then go back to arguing whose right and whose wrong with our friends and neighbors. Or back to a normal life. Until we accept this and do it or until we manage to get ahead of this thing with a vaccine (there was a big failure with one they were optimistic about today), we need to do whatever archaic things need to be done. There are baseball players playing in face masks. If they can wear one and play, then certainly the rest of us can wear one to do those things essential to our lives. It won’t be forever and the time will be even shorter if we have more people wear the mask.
Nope, it will last longer if we wear masks. Just a more gradual rate. If you are susceptible you will get it . Whether now or in a few months.

Reactions: vanceme
They already have

No, they haven't.
Iz1Pery.png

Seems that the people that are most ardent that COVID is no big deal are the least likely to provide data to back up their hot takes.

Nope, it will last longer if we wear masks. Just a more gradual rate.

You bounce around from thread to thread, pushing this narrative. However, if anyone provides data that contradicts it, you ignore it and move to the next conversation to push your propaganda.

No, they haven't.
Iz1Pery.png

Seems that the people that are most ardent that COVID is no big deal are the least likely to provide data to back up their hot takes.
Not trying to be difficult but what you posted is no more helpful. It shows that deaths by all causes are above what we would expect to see from a statistical standpoint across the US. It says nothing about from what or where. I can tell you that we are seeing a very high number of deaths by suicide and overdose but way less by car accident. Still does nothing to tell us about COVID versus heart attack.

You bounce around from thread to thread, pushing this narrative. However, if anyone provides data that contradicts it, you ignore it and move to the next conversation to push your propaganda.
everything you read from any medical expert , from the cdc on down says slow the spread nothing says stop the spread, it will still get the same people one way or the other.

Reactions: vanceme
everything you read from any medical expert , from the cdc on down says slow the spread nothing says stop the spread, it will still get the same people one way or the other.

The Covid spread does not operate like Osmosis. You make it sound like it does.

Reactions: aler
The Covid spread does not operate like Osmosis. You make it sound like it does.
its mostly spread in the home and a work. very few people wear masks at home and very few do in small offices. in large offices or work places the viral load accumulates and overwhelms any benefit a mask might provide. the virus is rarely if ever spread outside by walking near someone. or inside for that matter by casual contact. it is spread by prolonged contact , hours or days. it is tearing through the Hispanic community right now. large multifamily groups sharing a single home. also many in that environment have 2 or three jobs . this directly from a member of the task force. that said the osmosis line was a good one

Reactions: demeat
Let’s also not forget that there are significant financial incentives to hospitals as far as keeping patients in the hospital w COVID right now. Personal friend/physician in AL told me over the weekend he has 26 patients in the hospital w COVID, and 21 of them should already be discharged, and could be cared for and/or quarantined at home, but there is pushback from the hospital as far discharging these patients, and thus this ultimately screws up the hospital’s ability to care for other patients that have illnesses and/or issues that are even more significant bc they have to keep patients separated. My son spent 8 nights in an AL hospital this month, and almost 3 days without a room when it was necessary bc of too many COVID diagnoses that weren’t bad enough to keep all of these patients in the hospital, but they weren’t about to send minimal cases back home for home quarantine/care. My problem with all of this isn’t the bad cases of COVID, ones that have cost lives. It is the constant political hot takes, like no other health issue matters except COVID anymore. There are dummies on both sides of the aisle, but asshats like Anderson Cooper and the like only care about driving the political slant and talking over or down to physicians that know a hell of a lot more about this than they do just to keep the politics alive. It’s disgusting.

Reactions: aler and AUbruce
I mean there are those that think COVID is worth shutting everything down and those that think COVID is nothing..most though actually think it's serious and taking precautions while try their best to go along with life. It's not a one or other situation here. You keep acting like your opinion is the only truth, it's not...no one has been right about this, from the nations top infection expert, Dr. Fauci down to the Bunker. I do agree that those that attack doctors from this board that are on the front lines of this pandemic are shit heads. OP is pointing out a positive trend in Alabama in terms of death and yet we have people ITT not happy with that for whatever reason.
I think this thing is serious but I don't necessarily take everything Fauci says as fact. He has become political and would not say that big crowds of protesters were at risk of spreading the virus when he knows damn well that it does.

@mrhickory is this true? Are y'all fleecing the American People while also risking your life to help these sick individuals?
Jay perhaps the better question for him would be "Do you feel pressure from your administrative team to keep people in the hospital longer than is absolutely required so as to keep making money off of them". Also as a follow up question "Does this happen with or without COVID?" (Yes I know he cant answer my question but it is the correct one to ask)

Lets be honest hospitals are there to make money. If they just discharge everyone the second the can and there are empty beds then, well, they make less money.

I don't think that is a COVID issue. I think some people have COVID and need to be hospitalized.

Jay perhaps the better question for him would be "Do you feel pressure from your administrative team to keep people in the hospital longer than is absolutely required so as to keep making money off of them". Also as a follow up question "Does this happen with or without COVID?" (Yes I know he cant answer my question but it is the correct one to ask)

Lets be honest hospitals are there to make money. If they just discharge everyone the second the can and there are empty beds then, well, they make less money.

I don't think that is a COVID issue. I think some people have COVID and need to be hospitalized.
Same pressures physicians have been facing since healthcare became big business. Now it behooves certain factions to pretend this is a new thing and they use it to "prove" that COVID-19 is #fakenews.

It's not fake. But y'all are welcome to believe what you'd like to believe. Of course. This is America. You have a right to be wrong.

Not saying you're doing this @vanceme. I don't read enough of these salvo-lobbing threads to know. They're bad for my spirit.

Reactions: vanceme and aler
Same pressures physicians have been facing since healthcare became big business. Now it behooves certain factions to pretend this is a new thing and they use it to "prove" that COVID-19 is #fakenews.

It's not fake. But y'all are welcome to believe what you'd like to believe. Of course. This is America. You have a right to be wrong.

Not saying you're doing this @vanceme. I don't read enough of these salvo-lobbing threads to know. They're bad for my spirit.
It’s bad for all our spirits

The premise of this post is completely wrong. Hospitals are paid a set amount for a patient by a formula from CMS based off of whatever their primary illness and comorbid conditions (including COVID). It is better for the hospital to get the patients out of the hospital as quickly as possible. Hospitals get paid the same amount whether the patient is there for 2 days or a year. So, actually hospitals are incentivized to use less resources, run less tests and get admitted patients out quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSJ
ADVERTISEMENT