ADVERTISEMENT

Cop warns white alt-right hate group so they don't get tear-gassed???

I do not see any sweeping change in what is going to happen. The police will still be over whelmed and if they are not using as present in these neighborhoods more will die from other things. The key is to get ownership of the problems in the local communities but find a way to invest in them. Jordan has done a great thing to fight racism by donating 100 million but what will be done with it. Will it take that money and find a community that needs that income to thrive and see it through as an investment and not just throwing money at the problem.

As for the court room I know you think it is racial injustice but it is economic injustice. My kids have no money and no fancy lawyer that knows the judge to get off for the same charge that the rich kids do. If you think our board of ed kids face the same discipline mine do you are turning a blind eye to our justice system. The thing is we have to invest in all of our communities and give each a chance to survive. As for BLM I see nothing from their leadership that gives me hope that they are going to do that.

Socioeconomic injustice is the biggest problem in the court room. Agreed. But because if hundreds of years of oppression and legal inequity, and many decades of discrimination that followed, black communities face that vastly more than white communities.

The biggest change that could be made to address police brutality, injustice in the courtroom, and crime in impoverished communities would be to the abolish the War on Drugs. I sometimes feel like I bring the War on Drugs up too much, but I really do think that it is the magic bullet. It is at the center of so many of these things.

There are a lot of posts in this thread that just demonstrate that a lot of people STILL don't understand what all this protesting is actually for. It's just a shame. People are so fast to get defensive and not want to actually hear about problems that exist and need to be fixed.

Socioeconomic injustice is the biggest problem in the court room. Agreed. But because if hundreds of years of oppression and legal inequity, and many decades of discrimination that followed, black communities face that vastly more than white communities.

The biggest change that could be made to address police brutality, injustice in the courtroom, and crime in impoverished communities would be to the abolish the War on Drugs. I sometimes feel like I bring the War on Drugs up too much, but I really do think that it is the magic bullet. It is at the center of so many of these things.
I thought the war on drugs had some of the most devastating effects on our poor communities, largely minorities, and was hoping you would get in office to help with that. It is still going on in our state some and it is just idiotic and counter productive.

The thing is the system is not broke for people with money it is broke for people without. There are paths for all to get money and power in our country but it is very difficult in traditionally poor communities. Think the projects times 10. Coaches do not go to Vanderbilt to win because the infrastructure is not there and will never be there. If we want our communities to make a change we have to make an investment in them.

If Jordan gives the 100 million to BLM it will go to advocacy politics and the people who run that. The communities will not improve because the investment is not in them it is in a movement. Invest in the people and you can demand accountability from the people in the community but they will get the reward of your investment. The thing that makes it work is because it is an investment and you will want money on your return so you will work to see the success. I do not want to say that ideas or a bad thing but the leadership that gains control of that idea is usually ripe for abuse of the power.

Well said. This would be like people in the 1960s complaining because Civil Rights demonstrators were only making demands regarding black Americans rights. Obviously they weren't saying that white people shouldn't have civil rights also.

On the larger point, I think the last week has proven the issue of police violence being protested doesn't fall strictly along racial lines. There are many videos of black officers assaulting peaceful black protesters and white officers assaulting peaceful white protesters. Black people have been at a higher risk of being the subject of excessive force, but I think it would help if the protesters and groups like BLM were more vocal about the fact they oppose all excessive force by police, regardless who is on the receiving end of it.
Wow, your second paragraph makes sense! Your analogy in the first paragraph is a very poor one. You would have had a good point if the Civil Rights movement in the 60's was called the Black Civil Rights movement. You are trying to equate things that are not the same at all.

It’s not a magic bullet. I keep hearing all these people say you must VOTE to the rioters but thats just them trying to capitalize on this because they will just keep voting for the same party that has held them down for 50 years by promising unicorns and rainbows.

The real way to prosperity is a huge community wide emphasis staying in school, getting better grades and having both a mother and father at home. I would hope ending the war on drugs helps break this cycle but without these, a community will not achieve prosperity.

Your view, and you’re welcome to it. My view is that it’s hate and stubbornness against all white people by the African American community that leads us into situations like we are in now. 99% of whites are just as disgusted by what happened in the past, but it was the past. Do injustices still happen ? Absolutely, but they happen to all races, it just so happens that when it happens to a black person today then we have to tie it to 100 years of oppression.

My view, and I am allowed to have it regardless of what the African American community thinks, is that most racism today comes from the black community. So you and I will just continue to disagree and nothing good will come of it so this will be my last response on the subject. Good luck with your cause.

Spot on here

My problem with the socioeconomic injustice argument is that it’s simply been proven to not be true. I’m highly confused by the fact that Asians on average have the highest median income at 87000 compared to Whites at 70000 if that’s all that’s holding the black community back all while fighting language barriers as well. If anything, now is a great time to be black when it comes to getting scholarships and jobs with affirmative action programs. The problem is not “the white man holding us down”. The problem is the culture of not trying hard enough academically, shaming others that succeed, and wanting everything given, not earned.

Reactions: j4au_1 and kenews
It’s not a magic bullet. I keep hearing all these people say you must VOTE to the rioters but thats just them trying to capitalize on this because they will just keep voting for the same party that has held them down for 50 years by promising unicorns and rainbows.

The real way to prosperity is a huge community wide emphasis staying in school, getting better grades and having both a mother and father at home. I would hope ending the war on drugs helps break this cycle but without these, a community will not achieve prosperity.

The vicious cycle of poverty, joblessness, mental illness, and missing parents is largely driven by the Drug War. I can’t understate how many facets of life it touches. For instance, it makes every police encounter more dangerous for law enforcement because there’s the chance the person they’re encountering may have drugs and may react violently or try to flea a traffic stop. It gives officers an incentive to pull more people over, and push hard for searches, sometimes resulting in violence.

As for other issues, if you’re in a poor community, the illegal drug trade may be what you’re brought up around, and that is seen as the only way to make a living. Once you’re convicted, you’re marked. Maybe you’re taken away from your family for a while. Your kids don’t have you. They get in trouble. Or you get back out and can’t get a legit job, can’t get federal student loans. Etc.

It is a big, big thing. Bigger than most people really understand. I firmly believe it is the root cause of so many problems we have as a nation. I completely understand why people would disagree with me. I really do. I don’t think anyone is crazy or stupid for disagreeing, and they normally (like you) have good reasons. But so many problems we see and want change have the Drug War as a common cause or symptom.

Last edited:

We call it efficacy in the schools. The "buying" in off all stake holders in a school. If your School board, Superintendent, Administration, Principals, Teachers, Students, Parents and local community you will only have sporadic effect that has no consistency. Very few of our good teaching strategies are really that effective to gaining success for all. If you want something to happen you have to want it to happen and that means it has to be a common goal.

I was just parroting what I'd heard as I know nothing about the "Proud Boys", (so my apologies if I was inadvertently spouting something that wasn't true). Who are they and what do they stand for??? Let me go Google.
Proud boys are racist through and through.

Reactions: DM8
My problem with the socioeconomic injustice argument is that it’s simply been proven to not be true. I’m highly confused by the fact that Asians on average have the highest median income at 87000 compared to Whites at 70000 if that’s all that’s holding the black community back all while fighting language barriers as well. If anything, now is a great time to be black when it comes to getting scholarships and jobs with affirmative action programs. The problem is not “the white man holding us down”. The problem is the culture of not trying hard enough academically, shaming others that succeed, and wanting everything given, not earned.
One of the things the Asian community has done is moved to the better neighborhoods. They may stay together but they combine their family unit to get in more affluent neighborhoods.

The black leadership has preached unity based on race so there is a problem trying to get them to leave their communities that are failing. Who in their right mind would want to stay in Downtown Baltimore but there are a bunch that do. Their ties are there and so our their families. The leadership knows that but does not invest in those communities they get the heck out. If you get industry down there you get progress. It is an investment and not a problem that needs to be thrown money at. It takes time and effort. We can do it but I agree the leadership has to change.

Black lives don’t matter to the organization Black Lives Matter only the ones that fit their agenda. How many blacks care about the gangbangers in inner cities like Chicago slaughtering each other and innocents in those towns. Where’s the outcry? There is none because all black lives really don’t matter to them or the Black Lives organizations would be doing something about. Do you see any protest in Chicago, any looting or burning over the 25 killed every weekend. They are hypocrites

The vicious cycle of poverty, joblessness, mental illness, and missing parents is largely driven by the Drug War. I can’t understate how many facets of life it touches. For instance, it makes every police encounter more dangerous for law enforcement because there’s the chance the person they’re encountering may have drugs and may react violently or try to flea a traffic stop. It gives officers an incentive to pull more people over, and push hard for searches, sometimes resulting in violence.

As for other issues, if you’re in a poor community, the illegal drug trade may be what you’re brought up around, and that is seen as the only way to make a living. Once you’re convicted, you’re marked. Maybe you’re taken away from your family for a while. Your kids don’t have you. They get in trouble. Or you get back out and can’t get a legit job, can’t get federal student loans. Etc.

It is a big, big thing. Bigger than most people really understand. I firmly believe it is the root cause of so many problems we have as a nation. I completely understand why people would disagree with me. I really do. I don’t think anyone is crazy or stupid for disagreeing, and they normally (like you) have good reasons. But so many problems we see and want change has the Drug War as a common cause or symptom.
That is a problem in a lot of areas because the drugs are invested in the community. You would not believe how hard it is to get the kids to realize that those people are not their friends. You can never get them to believe the cops are, but they do learn to trust you. I think you could have done a good job getting that message out to everyone and gained both sides trust. It is easy to make decisions if you are looking at what is good for the individual and not the group.

That is why I am so pissed at our government. They throw these programs out to the government and social activist groups and not to the businesses as a loan. Think about how much progress we would have done in Batlimore if we had given 1.8 billion dollars to a company, as a low interest loan, to start a business in Baltimore? Put that money in and the place looks worse than before.

BLM is a violent hate group. What was their chant....hmm... let me see.... “pigs in a blanket fry like bacon”. Or “ What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want them? Now.” Facts are facts. Stop the hate. All lives matter.
It's people like you that gives this country no chance at achieving positive change. Those chants are not to be taken literally. If they really wanted dead cops, they would have showed up with guns while protesting. The message behind their chant is they want equal treatment, accountability and justice for police abuse and unnecessary violence towards black people. BLM isn't going anywhere. They are actually gaining more support and strength thanks to more people who are not black and care enough to listen and understand. If you're not with BLM, then you're not American nor do you love this country.

It's people like you that gives this country no chance at achieving positive change. Those chants are not to be taken literally. If they really wanted dead cops, they would have showed up with guns while protesting. The message behind their chant is they want equal treatment, accountability and justice for police abuse and unnecessary violence towards black people. BLM isn't going anywhere. They are actually gaining more support and strength thanks to more people who are not black and care enough to listen and understand. If you're not with BLM, then you're not American nor do you love this country.

That statement right there is precisely what is wrong with the BLM movement. It's a movement that is threatening people just for not standing with it. Why do you think that you get to be judge and jury for whether someone is American or loves their country? That is just plain wrong. I completely agree that police policies need to change, but burning businesses and outright attacking people for not being on your platform is as Un-American as you can get. Words matter and I'm disgusted that slogans like "kill cops" are being condoned but the sad part is the black community will never see that as wrong as it's been built into the culture and music for decades. Change needs to happen, but if the change that the BLM movement is supporting actually happens, I'm afraid for our country, my family, and friends.

Reactions: JohnnyBeeGoode
That statement right there is precisely what is wrong with the BLM movement. It's a movement that is threatening people just for not standing with it. Why do you think that you get to be judge and jury for whether someone is American or loves their country? That is just plain wrong. I completely agree that police policies need to change, but burning businesses and outright attacking people for not being on your platform is as Un-American as you can get. Words matter and I'm disgusted that slogans like "kill cops" are being condoned but the sad part is the black community will never see that as wrong as it's been built into the culture and music for decades. Change needs to happen, but if the change that the BLM movement is supporting actually happens, I'm afraid for our country, my family, and friends.
My statement is not a BLM statement, it in no way represents what the BLM is about. It's my own comment and view from the perspective of a disabled veteran who also happens to be black. To be anti-BLM is to be against supporting needed change for a minority group of Americans who are being abused and murdered by police. This change is necessary, it harms no one and it makes this country a better place to live for ALL citizens. Please explain how this change harms this country, your family and friends.

My statement is not a BLM statement, it in no way represents what the BLM is about. It's my own comment and view from the perspective of a disabled veteran who also happens to be black. To be anti-BLM is to be against supporting needed change for a minority group of Americans who are being abused and murdered by police. This change is necessary, it harms no one and it makes this country a better place to live for ALL citizens. Please explain how this change harms this country, your family and friends.

Rioting, Looting, and stripped police departments/police powers sounds wonderful for a start. I’m not looking forward to a world where the police can’t or won’t arrest criminals for fear of their own job or safety. I’m curious as to how many TVs looted from Target, how many policemen need to be killed or injured, how many businesses need to be burned, and how many citizens need to be beaten in the streets by rioters it will take before BLM has achieved justice for Floyd. Thank you.

And not disparaging those that try to do better. I’m in a citywide Facebook group in Montgomery, and anytime someone black posts about doing something better or productive, there are many posts about how they are “Uncle Toms” or “House (word I won’t say here).” How is anything ever going to change with that kind of mindset?

TLDR. Stopped when you said it’s a fact that police will shoot first and ask questions later when it’s a black guy. That’s total horseshit, and I’m sure everything else that followed was a bunch of virtue signaling nonsense, heavy on appeals to emotion, and devoid of facts.

And now, you've admitted what I already strongly suspected, and which would explain some of your stance on the topic. You don't mind remaining ignorant, and won't even take the time to read a 4 or 5 sentence post. You don't believe in intelligent discourse, deep discussion and such to try and understand a position that you initially, and inherently don't agree with, but instead, you'll guess, assume and judge the book by it's cover. That is NOT the way to progress, cross-pollinate and learn from each other, nor is it the way intelligent folks work through these types of tough issues.

You judged my post by the surface, (and were wrong), and you likely judge other things and other people by skin deep, surface level observations, and are wrong about them. That my friend, is what leads to racism and discrimination. Guys like you, @Robino26, @papaskinz, @bojackcaddy, @AUPooch, @tugmac and @j4au_1, (who agreed with/liked your post), are what holds us back from making more progress. I pray that you open yourself up to at least listen, consider, and THEN, if someone is spouting nonsense, you can respond and show how they are wrong, (and that helps them grow, and gets us closer to a potential solution and closer together in general). That's what I want, (but unfortunately, it's not what a lot of others want). @penya87 @Jackson68, please read the subsequent posts, and especially the links to the two other threads, and let me know if you agree/disagree.

https://auburn.forums.rivals.com/th...s-shot-last-night.1067503/page-5#post-7773045

Last edited:
Can you believe this shit? With all the hate, abuse, injustice and murders black people have had to endure from white people and this country, this insensitive idiot thinks black people are responsible for today's racial issues. I just don't understand why we continue to tolerate this type of racist ignorance, especially in today's society of civil unrest where people are literally dying on the streets. @Jay G. Tate , I got banned for being insensitive to suicide prevention but these insensitive racist comments are allowed during a time when the nation is trying to recover from yet another senseless loss of a black person life by the police?

D, please don't try to get the thread moved. We do more to help each other understand the others point of view, and why they believe what they believe, when we dialogue. It requires thick skin and time, but let's look beyond the emotion a person may have, and really peel back and understand what they are saying so that we can dialogue and hopefully help each other grow.

Reactions: Derock_61

That's not proof. No one imported and enslaved millions of Asians. It's an analogy, and a poor one at that.

That's just a cop-out Marbrand. On the surface, one might think it's just a matter of "not trying hard enough academically", but you have to go back further and ask the question, "Why does this culture value education so much, while another culture doesn't value it at all". Please go read the three successive posts here, and then come back and tell me if you can't understand how systematic racism and Jim Crow in the very laws of the land, didn't help set and gel the culture for African-Americans. The vestiges of that very well known inequity set the bounds and mold for most AA's today, (as culture does for EVERYONE). A few will break free, but the majority, (i.e. the bulk of the bell curve), will NOT. They will be set in a broken pattern/manner, based on the broken mold, (i.e. culture), that formed them. It's a shame more folks don't see and understand this basic truth.

That's just a cop-out Marbrand. On the surface, one might think it's just a matter of "not trying hard enough academically", but you have to go back further and ask the question, "Why does this culture value education so much, while another culture doesn't value it at all". Please go read the three successive posts here, and then come back and tell me if you can't understand how systematic racism and Jim Crow in the very laws of the land, didn't help set and gel the culture for African-Americans. The vestiges of that very well known inequity set the bounds and mold for most AA's today, (as culture does for EVERYONE). A few will break free, but the majority, (i.e. the bulk of the bell curve), will NOT. They will be set in a broken pattern/manner, based on the broken mold, (i.e. culture), that formed them. It's a shame more folks don't see and understand this basic truth.

What is the answer to this then? Suppose the culture does need to be fixed and it all goes back to slavery and Jim Crow. You just argued that money/reparations won't fix it. You also just argued that AA culture can't fix itself. So if outside and inside influences are ineffective, where do we go from here? I'm not trying to be mean, insensitive, or anything although I'm sure I come across that way because I'm blunt and don't really hold back opinions, but I really just wish I knew what can actually be done when most of the ideas thought of have already been tried and for the most part failed.

What is the answer to this then? Suppose the culture does need to be fixed and it all goes back to slavery and Jim Crow. You just argued that money/reparations won't fix it. You also just argued that AA culture can't fix itself. So if outside and inside influences are ineffective, where do we go from here? I'm not trying to be mean, insensitive, or anything although I'm sure I come across that way because I'm blunt and don't really hold back opinions, but I really just wish I knew what can actually be done when most of the ideas thought of have already been tried and for the most part failed.

Time and effort, just like anything else that's difficult. It's unfortunate, but it's the mess our white ancestors made for generations thereafter to clean up. If you ever get frustrated with the state of race relations like I do, remember who really deserves the blame.

I expect we won't see relative parity in opportunity in my lifetime, but perhaps in my kids'. You can't expect to undo 400 years of targeted destruction of opportunity in 150 years. We have at least 100 more to go.

Last edited:

I am NOT arguing that it's hopeless. That's not the case AT ALL. If the powers that be, who make public policy, make the laws, and have the knowledge, funds and other resources to make things happen will stop looking at the ostensible symptoms, and judging based on stereotype, we CAN develop solutions that are effective in cleaning up the mess and moving the ship forward by fixing the broken mold, and breaking the repetitive cycles. However, they have to dig deeper, be considerate, listen and understand so that they grasp what the roots of the awful things we observe, actually are.

Reparations at some point in the process might help, but if you give a junkie a million dollars, in most cases, will it help them get better, or hasten their death? So, it's about providing the right things....at the right times. Not before, nor after they are needed. Sometimes, a car is stuck in a ditch, and though it still has power itself, it needs a helping hand to get out. Without that tow truck providing a boost, it'll never overcome the "moment of inertia" required to get things rolling forward and free so that it can then use its own power. Sometimes people are stuck, and they can't get out without the help of someone who is already out, who has leverage, and can reach back and help pull them out. IMHO, this is a good analogy with human cultures.

We all need to work together as one race, (the human race), and help our brothers of another color get all of the crap that was foisted upon them, out of the culture. But again, if those with the resources continue to think that it's just about will power, and "want-to", or nature, versus nurture, they won't reach back and expend the time, money and effort to reach back. They'll continue to say, "Just pull yourself up by your own bootstraps", but of course, we know that physics simply do not work that way. It's an impossibility to lift yourself off of the ground pulling on your own bootstraps, without having leverage from something else. I hope that you took the time to read the other posts, and I hope you'll consider helping be a part of the change that is needed. Real change that will really help our country to be great once again.

@Jay G. Tate, I think it's horrible that threads like this, that help us explore aspects of topics that are truly important in effecting positive change, get moved to the netherlands. Was the thread causing disruption? I think the cross pollination, and dissemination of ideas is critical for us to start going beyond the mere surface and understanding what we need to do to change things. Please consider leaving some of these threads on the Bunker. They may have a rough post or two, but I think it's okay for people to express themselves, then we can move on beyond the emotion and start slicing and dicing the facts that define these issues.

@Jay G. Tate, I think it's horrible that threads like this, that help us explore aspects of topics that are truly important in effecting positive change, get moved to the netherlands. Was the thread causing disruption? I think the cross pollination, and dissemination of ideas is critical for us to start going beyond the mere surface and understanding what we need to do to change things. Please consider leaving some of these threads on the Bunker. They may have a rough post or two, but I think it's okay for people to express themselves, then we can move on beyond the emotion and start slicing and dicing the facts that define these issues.
You're OP wasn't bad. It got bad, though.

Reactions: Robino26
You're OP wasn't bad. It got bad, though.

Thanks, but I'm trying to look at the big picture and overall benefit. In addition, sometimes people intentionally blow up threads, just to get them dash to oblivion, and that isn't cool, (especially when we're discussing something really important that could really help each other grow and make real change.

Spot on here

How do you guys believe that blacks are the one's causing racism? You are literally saying that your life opportunities are being held back, (jobs, education, ability to advance based on skills and work ethic alone etc.), because black people make laws, have most of the hiring/firing decisions etc., and practice racism against you? Is that what you and @Robino26 are saying? If so, that's batsnap crazy.

And now, you've admitted what I already strongly suspected, and which would explain some of your stance on the topic. You don't mind remaining ignorant, and won't even take the time to read a 4 or 5 sentence post. You don't believe in intelligent discourse, deep discussion and such to try and understand a position that you initially, and inherently don't agree with, but instead, you'll guess, assume and judge the book by it's cover. That is NOT the way to progress, cross-pollinate and learn from each other, nor is it the way intelligent folks work through these types of tough issues.

You judged my post by the surface, (and were wrong), and you likely judge other things and other people by skin deep, surface level observations, and are wrong about them. That my friend, is what leads to racism and discrimination. Guys like you, @Robino26, @papaskinz, @bojackcaddy, @AUPooch and @j4au_1, (who agreed with/liked your post), are what holds us back from making more progress. I pray that you open yourself up to at least listen, consider, and THEN, if someone is spouting nonsense, you can respond and show how they are wrong, (and that helps them grow, and gets us closer to a potential solution and closer together in general). That's what I want, (but unfortunately, it's not what a lot of others want). @penya87 @Jackson68, please read the subsequent posts, and especially the links to the two other threads, and let me know if you agree/disagree.
Nah.

You clearly stated that you didn't read the rather short post, right? Then, you judged the post and assumed what I'd said. That, by very definition, is judging a book by its cover, right? People who do such things frequently come up short, and I believe we'd all agree that this type of behavior leads to stereotypes, profiling, and all sorts of harmful outcomes.

Those were YOUR chosen words and actions, and it's cool. None of us are perfect, but some are willing to reconsider, learn and grow. Others, would rather "win", than do what's right. Did you read the other two threads that I linked? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts as to whether you feel they are valid points, or if they are wrong. Let's help cross-pollinate each other, and allow iron to sharpen iron so that we can better understand each others positions, and most importantly, hopefully make some progress towards really understanding this tough issue and how we might help effect positive changes on that front.

https://auburn.forums.rivals.com/th...s-shot-last-night.1067503/page-5#post-7773045

Last edited:
You clearly stated that you didn't read the rather short post, right? Then, you judged the post and assumed what I'd said. That, by very definition, is judging a book by its cover, right? People who do such things frequently come up short, and I believe we'd all agree that this type of behavior leads to stereotypes, profiling, and all sorts of harmful outcomes.

Those were YOUR chosen words and actions, and it's cool. None of us are perfect, but some are willing to reconsider, learn and grow. Others, would rather "win", than do what's right. Did you read the other two threads that I linked? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts as to whether you feel they are valid points, or if they are wrong. Let's help cross-pollinate each other, and allow iron to sharpen iron so that we can better understand each others positions, and most importantly, hopefully make some progress towards really understanding this tough issue and how we might help effect positive changes on that front.

Still not reading any of this.

Still not reading any of this.

I respect your choice. However, it is quite clear who wants to learn, grow, improve and fix problems, and who wants to continue roiling in hate. I hope that your heart is changed one day. In the meantime, don't worry, others of us will be out there doing the hard work that it takes to build this country and do what it takes to get things fixed and on-track. Have a great day, and War Eagle!

I respect your choice. However, it is quite clear who wants to learn, grow, improve and fix problems, and who wants to continue roiling in hate. I hope that your heart is changed one day. In the meantime, don't worry, others of us will be out there doing the hard work that it takes to build this country and do what it takes to get things fixed and on-track. Have a great day, and War Eagle!
I actually did read this, and I’d like to state that I’m not roiling in hate. I’m just completely indifferent.

I actually did read this, and I’d like to state that I’m not roiling in hate. I’m just completely indifferent.

Thanks for the clarification, but that's pretty bad too. Please consider whether there really are true root causes in place that lead to the obvious behaviors that we see in AA culture. And then, after you understand them, please work to help get our elected officials and others around you to understand so that we don't mis-apply our resources wasting time and money in typical big government form, treating symptoms, while the true roots go on growing deeper and stronger.
There are human lives at stake, and the well-being of our country as well. Thanks for engaging to the extent that you did, and have a great day.

You judged my post by the surface, (and were wrong), and you likely judge other things and other people by skin deep, surface level observations, and are wrong about them. That my friend, is what leads to racism and discrimination. Guys like you, @Robino26, @papaskinz, @bojackcaddy, @AUPooch, @tugmac and @j4au_1, (who agreed with/liked your post), are what holds us back from making more progress. I pray that you open yourself up to at least listen, consider, and THEN, if someone is spouting nonsense, you can respond and show how they are wrong, (and that helps them grow, and gets us closer to a potential solution and closer together in general). That's what I want, (but unfortunately, it's not what a lot of others want). @penya87 @Jackson68, please read the subsequent posts, and especially the links to the two other threads, and let me know if you agree/disagree.

@tugmac, please, please read the thread that's linked, and the posts in this thread and get back to me with your opinions. I would NEVER advocate an attitude that would cripple people, get them to feel sorry for themselves, or otherwise disable them, but if we ever hope for things to get better, we MUST be objective, we MUST understand the true root problems, and we must be willing to put in the time and hard work. both to read posts, understand each others perspective, and to really mull things over enough to understand the true roots and best approaches to solutions. Delusion, and simply announcing that "It's all an illusion of people feeling sorry for themselves, because no type of discrimination or inequities exist", is NOT reality. That will only allow things to continue getting worse. It's just a way to wash your hands of an issue that you don't want to expend time, resources and effort trying to resolve.

ADVERTISEMENT