ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado from a visitors perspective

WarBeagle2001

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2006
Auburn, AL
Spent several days there visiting family. Here are some basic thoughts.TLDR - fun and beautiful. Ppl were ok.

Scenery - Rocky Mountains are just beautiful. Went up to Pikes Peak and that 14k ft. elevation is no joke. The views there were fuggin unbelievable. Hiked in Estes Park and it was quite challenging. Higher elevation in general made me feel a bit off each morning.

People - to me, not as friendly as Southerners. But I'm sure there were tons of visitors, so hard to say who was an actual resident. One thing I can say is they are one of the thinnest populations in the US. Probably due to all the biking, hiking and walking choices. No excuse to live there and not to be active.

Yes, Denver and esp Boulder are pretty progressive. But I found the people in Boulder more friendly. At first the "no plastic bags at grocery stores" topic was weird but it's how Costco, Sam's and Aldi operate now and everyone accepts it, so not a big deal.

Food - Went to some places that has a green pork chili aand it was the teets. In-N-Out is a good value. Not the best burgers but better than basic fast food places. Progressive or not, folks up there love their red meat ( bison is big and other meats like elk). I wouldn't call Denver a food centric area. Lots of authentic Mexican places though.

Places - Denver is an big city with typical big city stuff. They have lots of construction going on downtown and throughout the area. I think Boston is a much better big city. I thought Boulder and Colorado Springs were interesting as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.