ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Hall of Fame in ATL has been vandalized...

FYI, I taught swimming for two years in high school to mostly African Americans so I can attest that some of them can swim. They do have a slightly higher muscle density than Caucasians which makes them tend to sink instead of float. This is the worst LAMP post ever.
not sure why anyone thinks this is a racist thing.don't know about the muscle mass thing but african americans don't swim in the same numbers as caucasians. I coached swimming on and off for 30 years. i have taught lessons for all ages. Asians are the fastest growing group in competitive swimming. I also dont know why this is important in any way

Reactions: auburnra
I am white and I can swim. I also have taught people who are not white to swim so I can attest that swimming is a learned event not related to race.

Reactions: PocketWatch
Actually I spent the last 20 minutes reading about black people swimming. What did I learn? I’ll share!

The Wash Post noted there isn’t a single HBCU with a 50 meter pool. Only Howard has a swim team, though it notes numerous HBCUs did have swim teams at one time. Not sure if the 50 meter pool means anything as they didn’t say.

My favorite mention was a Canadian paper talking about black people not swimming, but then notes they were talking about immigrants. So was a poor thing not a race thing. Oh, and they slipped in that south Asians were found to swim less than black immigrants in Canada and England. But that didn’t help the narrative so nothing else was said.

Lots of papers say the stereotype (which apparently that doesn’t mean what I think it means) is due to slavery, though methinks it’s a Jim Crow thing.

What this thread really needs is tweets from everybody’s favorite Auburn Assistant Professor Guy Emerson Mount.
20 minutes of complete wasted time you’ll never get back

From my brief scanning of a random google search, there seems to be a number of statements like this, and they all sounded like falsehoods, or worse.
You really had nothing to do last night but do all this googling? You gotta put yourself out there. One of those daring apps or something

Everything is complicated until you know what you're doing. I haven't done a penguin encounter. Hung out with a sloth once. That was fun. Were you in Atlanta for the penguin encounter?

I woke up with a sloth a few times...

Damn tequila

Reactions: auburnra
ADVERTISEMENT