ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Hall of Fame in ATL has been vandalized...

That is a thinly veiled statement that you want them to die. You know that 80% of the looters can't swim.

giphy.gif

I mean I do, but they’re pretty complicated to care for. We did the penguin encounter a few years ago.

Everything is complicated until you know what you're doing. I haven't done a penguin encounter. Hung out with a sloth once. That was fun. Were you in Atlanta for the penguin encounter?

Everything is complicated until you know what you're doing. I haven't done a penguin encounter. Hung out with a sloth once. That was fun. Were you in Atlanta for the penguin encounter?

Yes, we did that at the Georgia aquarium. I asked the bammer if he would rather hang out with a penguin, a dolphin, or an otter for his birthday (that was his request for a birthday present). He said penguin (I thought he would say dolphin) and we got to hang out with two penguins. One even shat on him.

Reactions: audeuce02 and AUnit
Yes, we did that at the Georgia aquarium. I asked the bammer if he would rather hang out with a penguin, a dolphin, or an otter for his birthday (that was his request for a birthday present). He said penguin (I thought he would say dolphin) and we got to hang out with two penguins. One even shat on him.

Kinky. Sounds like a hell of a time. That would be a tough decision. Not sure which i would choose. Was it a giant otter or a river otter?

Kinky. Sounds like a hell of a time. That would be a tough decision. Was it a giant otter or a river otter?

River otters. I think they bite so you don’t get full contact with them. You have to pet them through the window.

River otters. I think they bite so you don’t get full contact with them. You have to pet them through the window.

Definitely penguins then. Giant river otters would have been hard to turn down but probably pretty dangerous now that i think about it. If they wanted to even the little otters could tear you up.

Reactions: griffna
How about just making a joke about how white folks are looting whole foods or some shit like that. That is how humor works... You should try it. It's a wonderful stress reliever.
Actually I spent the last 20 minutes reading about black people swimming. What did I learn? I’ll share!

The Wash Post noted there isn’t a single HBCU with a 50 meter pool. Only Howard has a swim team, though it notes numerous HBCUs did have swim teams at one time. Not sure if the 50 meter pool means anything as they didn’t say.

My favorite mention was a Canadian paper talking about black people not swimming, but then notes they were talking about immigrants. So was a poor thing not a race thing. Oh, and they slipped in that south Asians were found to swim less than black immigrants in Canada and England. But that didn’t help the narrative so nothing else was said.

Lots of papers say the stereotype (which apparently that doesn’t mean what I think it means) is due to slavery, though methinks it’s a Jim Crow thing.

What this thread really needs is tweets from everybody’s favorite Auburn Assistant Professor Guy Emerson Mount.

Actually I spent the last 20 minutes reading about black people swimming. What did I learn? I’ll share!

The Wash Post noted there isn’t a single HBCU with a 50 meter pool. Only Howard has a swim team, though it notes numerous HBCUs did have swim teams at one time. Not sure if the 50 meter pool means anything as they didn’t say.

My favorite mention was a Canadian paper talking about black people not swimming, but then notes they were talking about immigrants. So was a poor thing not a race thing. Oh, and they slipped in that south Asians were found to swim less than black immigrants in Canada and England. But that didn’t help the narrative so nothing else was said.

Lots of papers say the stereotype (which apparently that doesn’t mean what I think it means) is due to slavery, though methinks it’s a Jim Crow thing.

What this thread really needs is tweets from everybody’s favorite Auburn Assistant Professor Guy Emerson Mount.

No one wants this.

If you don’t follow him on twitter then you’re really missing out.

I’m looking forward to reading some of his papers/books this summer.

I’m now picking up what you’re putting down. However, I don’t follow anyone on Twitter because I blame them for a large part of our problems today. They changed the world and not for the better. Twitter and other social media platforms are complete herpes.

FYI, I taught swimming for two years in high school to mostly African Americans so I can attest that some of them can swim. They do have a slightly higher muscle density than Caucasians which makes them tend to sink instead of float. This is the worst LAMP post ever.

FYI, I taught swimming for two years in high school to mostly African Americans so I can attest that some of them can swim. They do have a slightly higher muscle density than Caucasians which makes them tend to sink instead of float. This is the worst LAMP post ever.
From my brief scanning of a random google search, there seems to be a number of statements like this, and they all sounded like falsehoods, or worse.

Reactions: auburnra
From my brief scanning of a random google search, there seems to be a number of statements like this, and they all sounded like falsehoods, or worse.
I will rephrase, at the younger age I taught them, they African American kids had more muscle density than the Caucasians which made them less buoyant.

ADVERTISEMENT