ADVERTISEMENT

CHROME browser EXTENSIONS & BOOKMARKS BAR. Here's my setup, what you got Bunk?

MDHarrell

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2012
NOTE: I used a free image hosting site for the screenshot so thought it best to scratch out any references to my name or initials (hence the two scratched-out portions that you see.)

BOOKMARKS BAR setup:

I have one folder that I stash interesting or seldom-used websites/links in, for everything else (except for the three sites to the far right,) I use a Favicon to identify.

FAVICON is the official name for the little icon that loads in your tab when you visit a website. As you can see, when you save a website to your address bar simply delete the "name" of the website, but leave the "URL" in place, and you'll be left with the favicon.

my_chrome.jpg

EXTENSIONS:

1: Hangouts (I don't use it as much anymore, when our cell service was through Google's Project Fi Hangouts was my default messaging app on my phone, and I could use this extension to text from my desktop, it was pretty sweet. Now, Android has recently offered the same option for their native "messages" app.

2. Gmail checker (shows unread messages and when clicked opens gmail in a new tab)

3. Clip to OneNote (gives several options of how to save a web-page or content from a page)

clip_to_onenote.jpg

clip_to_onenote_2.jpg

4. Amazon Assistant (Lets you add items from any website [not just amazon] to your Amazon Wish List, which then enables you to a single point of reference for all the stuff you've seen and want to buy, vs. trying to remember websites, writing them down, or having to bookmark the page.)

amazon_assistant.jpg

amazon_assistant_2.jpg

5. AdBlock (self explanatory, BUT, one option that some may find useful is that you can block avatars, so if @BinOBA goes back to the hairy nipple avi then you can block it and not see it.)

6. BehindTheOverlay (removes overlays from websites that won't let you continue without agreeing to something, turning-off your AdBlock, etc. I use this more than you might think, although sometimes I do encounter an overlay that it won't get rid of, and then occasionally even though it gets rid of an overlay I find that I can read what's on the screen, or in the article, underneath it, but that I can't scroll down to access the rest of the content/site. But, mostly it works as advertised and comes in handy.)

7. Honey (Among other things it let's you track price changes [works on many major sites, but I use it primarily on amazon, it loads automatically,] add items to a "drop" list so that you get an e-mail alert if/when that items drops below a certain price, and it will also let you know [at least on Amazon] if you can get the same item for cheaper from another source on Amazon.)

honey.jpg

honey_2.jpg

honey_3.jpg

honey_4.jpg

8. Perceptual Ad Highlighter (instead of blocking an Ad from appearing it overlays it, see below)

NOTE: NOT MY EXAMPLES, they are from the company behind the extension.

nHOTL8IzaLtfK8G24Oqm45CPmMUXBIUOyTogALX7cjKGBkxD_qFt3IxhYC9a7a9AlRfGFmRL=w640-h400-e365

NFoYeijsWAZOj8Nv9Vjt4S-diDpYjouwbtx9bmbOZnwo8IsPhiQrZG_uJeGOUYzmw2zMIZ_qXw=w640-h400-e365

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.