ADVERTISEMENT

Chad Prewett..

dr.au

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2002
Auburn, Al
My wife and I are eating dinner at Hamilton's (2) Friday night on the outdoor patio and Chad Prewett stops by the table behind me and chats with 2 couples having dinner. He comes over and introduces himself to us .Just an amazing guy ( very BP similar). During our conversation my wife's phone rings and my daughter's name pops up on the screen. He asks if it is our daughter calling and my wife says yes it is. He says do you mind if I answer? Wife says "sure". So he answers the call and just starts talking to my daughter about her softball and if she likes being a new student at Auburn HS. Just carries on the conversation telling her about his daughter and her playing basketball. Great guy. Another piece of an amazing AU Basketball staff.

That’s pretty awesome. What do you think of Hamilton’s 2? I was kinda upset when they closed Tuco’s.

That’s pretty awesome. What do you think of Hamilton’s 2? I was kinda upset when they closed Tuco’s.
I miss several items from Tuco's mainly the pork quesadilla! Tuco's and Hamilton's were owned by the same group of people. I was told they changed the name to Hamilton's in an attempt to increase traffic in the restaurant and it definitely worked they have twice the number of patrons. Due to the size probably does more business at #2 than the original.

My wife and I are eating dinner at Hamilton's (2) Friday night on the outdoor patio and Chad Prewett stops by the table behind me and chats with 2 couples having dinner. He comes over and introduces himself to us .Just an amazing guy ( very BP similar). During our conversation my wife's phone rings and my daughter's name pops up on the screen. He asks if it is our daughter calling and my wife says yes it is. He says do you mind if I answer? Wife says "sure". So he answers the call and just starts talking to my daughter about her softball and if she likes being a new student at Auburn HS. Just carries on the conversation telling her about his daughter and her playing basketball. Great guy. Another piece of an amazing AU Basketball staff.
Chad is a damn cool guy...he played a big part in getting Hayden in to see Bruce and the team before the UAB game. I have a cool pic of Chad helping Hayden shoot the ball that I’ll post.

FALvFvS.jpg

• k08k63u.jpg
i4X5In7.jpg

First is Bruce and Chad meeting Hayden and his Dad/Sister.

Second is Hayden and his dad with Chad before the walk through.

Last one is my kid. He was talking crap to Brown and Bryce was really cool about it and took time to hang out with him.

The coolest part about that day for me now that I look back on it is a memory with my son and Rod Bramblett. Rod was there prepping for the broadcast and had finished up when my son walked up to him and asked who he was. Nothing remarkable was said or anything, it was just another example of how down to earth Rod was...he spent probably 20 min explaining what he did and never got tired of my kid and his relentless questions.

Last edited:
I fully believe he’s a great guy and I’m not trying to be a downer on a message board but is that not a somewhat weird thing to do?
I tend to agree, but i’m sure if he read the couples were disinterested, he would have been happy to let them be. Some people are more chatty and view dining out as a social gathering.

I prefer to be left alone when I’m out with someone or family. I really don’t even like small talk with the waitress. Not looking down on them, I just talk to people all day and pretend to act interested in what they have to say. I don’t want to do that on my personal time. But if you’re an accountant or lab geek, maybe you enjoy the social aspect of dining out.

Reactions: Kellerdog

My daughter's reaction if Chad Prewett asked to speak with her and grabbed my wife's phone

tenor.gif

Funny that you posted this. My son and I ran into Chad during the second half of the football game and we’re amazed with his name recognition. I know him and have been around him a half a dozen times, but I was still amazed by him calling us by name. He’s an asset to our program.

Reactions: MedAU and auburnra
May be giving myself up to the wolves, but I played against three of Prewitt's high school teams. Really smart basketball mind that seems to be able to get the best out of his players. Have always been impressed with him as an opposing player. Also, his daughter is a smokeshow.

Reactions: aureed01
May be giving myself up to the wolves, but I played against three of Prewitt's high school teams. Really smart basketball mind that seems to be able to get the best out of his players. Have always been impressed with him as an opposing player. Also, his daughter is a smokeshow.

Now that’s information but lack of pics is a no no

Reactions: William_In_Texas
Sounds to me like an odd thing to do: go up and randomly start talking to people while they are eating dinner? Bizarre and would come off as him being self-important.

My daughter's reaction if Chad Prewett asked to speak with her and grabbed my wife's phone

tenor.gif
my thoughts exactly. My daughter is a freshman and would have no idea who this guy is that took her dad's phone. Does Chad think that most girls on campus know who he is?

Disclaimer: I know Chad is a great guy and has a hot daughter so don't come at me.

He noticed your daughter was calling and asked if he could answer the phone.....just minutes after introducing himself? Yeah that's pretty gd weird.

Sounds to me like an odd thing to do: go up and randomly start talking to people while they are eating dinner? Bizarre and would come off as him being self-important.
Not eating yet. But definitely drinking! So evidently the social chat light was on.
I get it , I know peoples that go out and do not want to be bothered. My father-in-law is that way. He can be the biggest A$$ on the planet at a restaurant. One reason his own daughter (my wife) hates to go out and eat with him. I am social at work, golf restaurants, church, the Groome bus etc... . Hell that’s who I am. Has helped me socially, mentally and very much financially. Love God, Family and look out for the creatures (including some people) that cannot look out for themselves. That’s how I live it and who I am. Am I happy? Hell yes! Will I change? Nope
Gotta learn to love life!

ADVERTISEMENT