ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone tell me about Auburn QB Jeff Burger?

AlaCrimsonTide06

All-American
Jun 7, 2012
I was looking through some old photos and found a picture of my big brother when he was 10. He is holding a 1984 Auburn A-Day program; beside him is an Auburn player. The back of the picture says Jeff Burger.

His career at Auburn, if he went to the NFL..ect

Thanks!

This post was edited on 7/25 2:37 PM by AlaCrimsonTide06

I was pretty young, so I might not have the best memory of him. However, I believe he was Auburn's starting quarterback for a couple of years in the mid-1980's. He was a pretty good player but not great. I don't ever remember him playing in the NFL

Burger was the QB right after Randy Cambell if I remember correctly. Back 1986ish. He won alot of games at Auburn but was more seviceable than a big playmaker. He managed the game and protected the football well if I remember correctly. We had Fullwood, Agee and really good D with Audrey Bruce, Rodney Garner and Rocker brothers back then.

Thanks, I actually found some stuff.

Years played: [/B]1984-1987
Record as starter: [/B]19-3-2
Career stats: [/B]331-538 passing, 4,082 passing yards, 24 TD, 21 INT, 82 rushing attempts, 169 yards, two rushing TD
Jeff Burger wasn't flashy, and sometimes he looked simply mediocre, but he got the job done 19 out of 24 times.
His first season as a starter was a good one, as Auburn went 10-2, beat Alabama for the first time since 1983 and overcame the USC Trojans in the Citrus Bowl.
His last season, his second as a starter, was even better, as Auburn went 9-1-2 and won the SEC outright, earning a spot in the Sugar Bowl against unbeaten Syracuse.
Of course, that game was "The Tie", where Auburn scored on a field goal with no time left to tie it at 16-16, ticking off the Syracuse Nation.
Jeff Burger never wowed you at all, but he was consistent.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/632444-auburn-tigers-football-top-12-quarterbacks-in-war-eagle-history/page/2

He was the QB in the lawyer Tillman reverse game. Threw a perfect pass to Trey Gainous to set that play up.

Won a lot of games.

Thoroughly enjoyed the perks of being the AU QB.

Sloppy punctuator.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT