ADVERTISEMENT

Can Richt win the "Big One"?

So a Gamecock goes on an Auburn website to post a story questioning if Georgia can win "the big one"? The irony of the post is that in its entire existence, the University of South Carolina has never won an SEC championship. In fact they have only have appeared in the SEC championship game once and were routed by Auburn. In their existence the Chickens have a bowl record of 7-12. How does a program that has been playing football since 1892 only have 19 bowl appearances? Oh, but let's raise a toast to the chickens for their 1934 Southern Conf championship and their 1969 ACC Championship. Yep you guys truly know how to win the big ones. How about that time in 1990 when the Citidel came into Columbia and humiliated you? Was that a big one? I love seeing how miserable you are.

This post was edited on 11/18 6:54 PM by seasidedawg

If by the NC game, yes I think he would if he got there.

Richt reminds me a bit of Bobby Bowden in the late 80s and early 90s. Good teams, competitive, always in the NC picture. But he would lay an egg at least once a season and knock himself out of contention. Richt seems to do the same thing. Bowden always called that one game the "Big One" that kept them out.

I'm not sure why Richt seems to have the same problem. With Bowden it was almost always Miami. With UGA it is a number of schools. South Carolina and Florida seem to always create the mark on his record that keeps the NC chase just out of reach.

If he can figure that one out, I think he will win in the playoffs.

I honestly agree with you and the examples you point out. However, NO Gamecock fan has the resume to question the ability or history of a traditional SEC team. USCjr has no history of any kind of consistency. I will allow that Spurrier has a way of getting in UGA's head every few years, and I actually admire the guy, but the years at USCjr have diminished him and his legacy.

If By Big one you mean one on one basketball with a third grader, maybe?

Over the years, UGA's won/shared in 5 national titles.....

(1927, '42, '46, '68, '80, all in NCAA official records) granted, none since 1980. However, a couple of questions here......

First, South Carolina has won a grand total of one (1)...ONE....conference title in its entire football history. That's as far as Chicken football goes. South Carolina NEVER won a bowl game until the 1995 season. Repeat....1995. Your bowl record is 7-12 overall. Not much to crow about.

Second, what in the world are you doing posting a question like this on another school's board? What does Auburn or anyone else have to do with your question? Are you trying to vicariously experience some kind of "glory" through some other school that has had more success than your's?

Weird.

Thanks for the Gamecock history lesson Sea-puppy and Trojan man. As a Gamecock fan I fully understand our position in football, 8-9 win seasons with a few 10-11 every so often, I get it.

My question still remains, how does a program like Uga with top 10 recruiting classes year after year with top facilities end up in Tampa or Orlando every year? I see former UGA players all over NFL rosters, what happens to the 4-5 star recruits when they hit campus? Uga should be competing for National Championships. I know Carolina place in football, do you know Uga place in football? In my opinion, take it for what it's worth Uga is the most underachieving program in college football. I challenge you to provide me evidence otherwise.

Again, thanks for the Gamecock history lesson.

This post was edited on 11/21 2:42 PM by GamecockToast.com

Wow. Your blog is truly burning up the interwebs.

Gradulations douchebag.

roll.r191677.gif

Typical Gamecock desperate to be noticed.

This a&@ hat has posted this same crap on every free SEC site he can find. Until your insignificant program wins a championship of any kind, you will continue to be known as the biggest underachiever in not just the SEC, but the nation. God that must hurt in a way no other team in the SEC can ever comprehend. Every single year the optimism, the great expectations, the sold out stadium, the cute little bird, the alignment if the stars, the ole' ball coach... Every summer leading up to the first Game, it's "this is the year, this is our time", yet by early October it's always what could have been and wait till next year. It's like a bad movie repeated over and over again. God, it has to hurt to get disappointed year after year and because of fans like you, I revel in your pain and disappointment year after year. Sure as any football fan I look forward to next SEC championship opportunity and eventually the Dawgs will get there, but in the meantime I take great satisfaction that you and your team struggles to be relevant on the football field.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and to every fan of every other school in the SEC, let's all give thanks that we are not associated with the University of South Carolina!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT