ADVERTISEMENT

BYE Gus

For those that say there’s no way we can fire Gus during the China Virus football era regardless of the outcome...... Why can’t we do just the opposite, use it to our advantage, and furlough his sorry a$$ indefinitely until his contract is over?????

Yea, hmm no, you’ll still have to pay him, that’s why they call it a contract.

Last edited:
2efab44a6dec338e391f122035d64aa5.gif

Reactions: stutsman23 and yy4u
At least OP didn't lurk for years before saying something that makes us question if he knows how to use a light switch. It's all good, bruh. We have all been there at some point. You DEFINITELY belong here.

So is it fact or opinion Utah furloughed all their coaches including Kyle Whittingham 🤷🏽‍♂️

What you are proposing is an attempt to it pay a contract, a federal court would eat AU’s lunch, the buyout would quickly turn into a multi million dollar verdict against AU.

Yep makes perfect sense.

So is it fact or opinion Utah furloughed all their coaches including Kyle Whittingham 🤷🏽‍♂️
The PAC-10's season was cancelled at the time. Utah wasn't practicing or playing at the time. You're making yourself look dumber by the post.

At least OP didn't lurk for years before saying something that makes us question if he knows how to use a light switch. It's all good, bruh. We have all been there at some point. You DEFINITELY belong here.
The PAC-10's season was cancelled at the time. Utah wasn't practicing or playing at the time. You're making yourself look dumber by the post.
neither are we apparently

Why are you such an asshole? Just because someone has a different opinion does not mean you slam them. Get over yourself.
to be fair, op wasn’t giving an opinion. he was asking a question straight from the hall of the galactically stupid.

For those that say there’s no way we can fire Gus during the China Virus football era regardless of the outcome...... Why can’t we do just the opposite, use it to our advantage, and furlough his sorry a$$ indefinitely until his contract is over?????
I think his contract forbids such action. He can’t be demoted, given another title, or told to just sit in his office. It’s got to be something that violates his contract or some reason he wants to leave. Otherwise, we wait it out.

Reactions: UgotGusd
I think his contract forbids such action. He can’t be demoted, given another title, or told to just sit in his office. It’s got to be something that violates his contract or some reason he wants to leave. Otherwise, we wait it out.
Pretty sure furloughs are completely different hence why I asked. From my understanding, as I was having to work with my HR folks at my business, is it’s a lay-off, without pay, for an unspecified period of time. I’m sure there are kinds of legal terminology in his contract, but just looking at the Utah situation made me wonder if we had legit grounds given the justifiable, financial, hardships this season will bring.

Pretty sure furloughs are completely different hence why I asked. From my understanding, as I was having to work with my HR folks at my business, is it’s a lay-off, without pay, for an unspecified period of time. I’m sure there are kinds of legal terminology in his contract, but just looking at the Utah situation made me wonder if we had legit grounds given the justifiable, financial, hardships this season will bring.
The key word here is CONTRACT.

OP didn't make the cut at space camp.

He may be the smartest one here! Activate the Force Majure clause..I like it.
It would be interesting to see what that clause anticipated and how much coverage it provides each party. This is something we are dealing with daily now in my business.

LOL!!! You are bad team in losing to a bad Gamecoot team!!! Auburn should be 1-3 had the refs not given them the Arkansas game on a botched call. The Auburn Tigers may have a coaching change before the season even ends.

Clemson fan here. We were at the same point as you are now with Tommy Bowden. Firing him mid season proved that Bowden was the problem. When there is a continuous hot seat, recruiting goes in the shitter. You need a new coach to bring in energy who can recruit. Getting rid of him mid season could persevere this year's recruiting class. The extra year of eligibility granted by the NCAA will help bridge the next several years as recruiting improves.

I don't know whether to thank Auburn or not for possibly saving Will Muschamp's job. This is one of those knives that cut both ways. You save Muschamp, but you create a scenario where you lose your coach. Auburn losing to a flailing program like South Carolina can have that effect. Clemson beat up on Al Golden and Miami a few years ago, and Al Golden was fired before the following Monday. Clemson lost to Wake Forest, and Tommy Bowden was soon gone.

Auburn should NOT lose to a mediocre (at best) South Carolina. The differences in these programs and the talent levels are like night and day. You might as well have gotten beat by Liberty!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT