ADVERTISEMENT

Bunker's thoughts on the Chris Hodges situation?

I'm not angry in the slightest. I just have principles and the courage of my own convictions.

dTcAHZcg.jpg

Could care less. He knew that his church could be impacted and he did it anyway. And Birmingham City Schools can use whatever criteria they like for who associates with their students. Given what Hodges'actions indicate, I wouldn't want him around my African American students either

Making the point that Trump isn’t racist, that the Obama’s are hypocrites, and that this pandemic started in China is enough to make you not want Pastor Hodges around your black students?

Think about that for a minute. Anything other than think like me, and you can’t be around my students. It’s absolutely PATHETIC. You people that think like this are sickos.

Your continuing to parrot this doesn't make it true. Me thinking you're a religious nut doesn't mean I don't have class. It just means I have an opinion.
My saying it absolutely isn’t what makes it true. You prove it to be true almost daily here, simply by the manner with which you’re willing to present yourself. I know I must be wrong, though. I mean you’ve told us all how classy you are and we all know, there’s nothing that screams class like announcing how classy you are, amirite?
Your lack of self awareness is hard to believe.

Tell me more about what a “religious nut” I am. Hey, while you’re at it, tell me what you think about the legacy of that “religious nut” Martin Luther King Jr.

Getting married at least historically has a connection to a religious connotation.

Voting, despite how much many of you would want it to be, does not, shall not and cannot.

Ability to abide propaganda and having to are two disparate circumstances.

The time of people 'sucking it up' and abiding things, and if you don't like it just ignore it, if you haven't figured that out, is over.

nobody forces communities to pick churches as polling places. They just select them because they usually have the space to accommodate. Not every community has a facility. You sound angry. You could use a good cult and some special kool aid bro.

This is without a doubt the saddest thing ever posted on this board and I'll be honest I feel a little bad for you.

Nah, I thought that grown men asking other grown men to post their wives tits to be pretty sad. Or when someone posted that slaves were cowards and wanted to be slaves, else they'd have fought back against their masters. Or creating multiple logins to pretend to be a woman. Or building an entire character around imitating caricatures of how african americans speak in cartoons and movies from a bygone era.

Or a host of other low lights.

Nah, I thought that grown men asking other grown men to post their wives tits to be pretty sad. Or when someone posted that slaves were cowards and wanted to be slaves, else they'd have fought back against their masters. Or creating multiple logins to pretend to be a woman. Or building an entire character around imitating caricatures of how african americans speak in cartoons and movies from a bygone era.

Or a host of other low lights.

Stay strong @The Ghost of Tallassee Tiger . I hope that someday the abuse will end and you will get to truly enjoy this community. Twenty five years is a long time to endure more abuse than anyone else combined.

Reactions: AUgncEngineer
BINGO!! COTH won't be hurt by this at all, they just enjoyed helping. Pitifully poor decision by the Bham folks...COTH has done and would have done WAY more for their organization than the flip, and that's how they would have wanted it.
Sure COTH is hurt by this. That church, like my church or I would hope, any church (sadly not the case) has a goal to bring honor and glory to the name of Jesus. Finding avenues to do that takes work and investment of time and money. Building trust to open those doors is hard work. That work had been done in this case. That opportunity to fulfill their goals is now lost. That absolutely hurts. It’s a ministry opportunity lost.
I think it’s a really bad decision by the city. I think Chris has to be more aware. I think he made a poor decision as well.

He won’t listen because he hates Christians and thinks Christianity is a fairy tale imo

so much for tolerance

glad I don’t hate atheists or I’d be jumping all on @OneWing
Then I sincerely hope he accepts my challenge and listens to those messages. Perhaps he just might find what he is searching for.

Not soft enough to unironically wear hawaiian shirts. Or callous enough to tell a man whose mother is dying how to spend their time with her.

So yeah, neither of those things.
You come across like a big old baby.

I wished your mother well and lifted her up in my prayers. I was trying to be nice. Even sent you a DM about it to which you didn’t even have the decency or courage to respond to. It was not callousness you dolt.

It’s not like I got long term band for talking racist shit about murdered AU players.

Sure COTH is hurt by this. That church, like my church or I would hope, any church (sadly not the case) has a goal to bring honor and glory to the name of Jesus. Finding avenues to do that takes work and investment of time and money. Building trust to open those doors is hard work. That work had been done in this case. That opportunity to fulfill their goals is now lost. That absolutely hurts. It’s a ministry opportunity lost.
I think it’s a really bad decision by the city. I think Chris has to be more aware. I think he made a poor decision as well.

It’s crazy people think Chris made a poor decision. If Obama was white this would be a non topic and the fact people have made it racist is racist in itself. Obama is looked down by many because of his policy. Most don’t give a rats ass he was black and I would put Chris in that category.

It’s crazy people think Chris made a poor decision. If Obama was white this would be a non topic and the fact people have made it racist is racist in itself. Obama is looked down by many because of his policy. Most don’t give a rats ass he was black and I would put Chris in that category.
Obama isn’t white. If my Aunt had a johnson, she would be my Uncle. When you have a specific group of people to whom you are trying to minister, you have to consider that group’s sensibilities. A stupid like on social media isn’t/wasn’t worth the potential damage done. I guess I’m crazy.

Ask Chris if he made a mistake. He will be honest with you.

Reactions: Huff664
The African American preachers were already looking for an excuse to get him out of their neighborhood, that’s documented. GTS..... COTH will be missed in a place that really needed to served

Reactions: Huff664
Your continuing to parrot this doesn't make it true. Me thinking you're a religious nut doesn't mean I don't have class. It just means I have an opinion.

What do you believe? That we are all part of some happenstance of atoms and cosmic forces. There is no meaning. I am a grumpy realist that believes my opinions are more right than yours and that my science is better than yours I am better than you. Is that it. Tell us all about it man. We want to hear your “this is why I am better than you” story. Let’s do this. I love when I think we can move the needle on getting these pages past 6. Bear down man.

Hodges disassociated with Matt Pitt YEARS AGO!
Yeah but first one must associate to disassociate. The Basement was weird, stupid, and cult-ish making it a perfect fit with COTH, which while I won't call stupid is definitely weird and cult-ish

Yeah but first one must associate to disassociate. The Basement was weird, stupid, and cult-ish making it a perfect fit with COTH, which while I won't call stupid is definitely weird and cult-ish
Shows how very little you know of that relationship. But if it makes you sleep better at night to call people that go to church names, go for it, wouldn’t expect anything less from you.

ADVERTISEMENT