ADVERTISEMENT

Bunker's thoughts on the Chris Hodges situation?

Do you have examples of the Prosperity gospel being preached at the COTH? Not a member but been quite a few times and I've seen zero inclination that that is something they promote.

Curious as well. I am a member of COTH and I have no clue what he's talking about.

Could care less. He knew that his church could be impacted and he did it anyway. And Birmingham City Schools can use whatever criteria they like for who associates with their students. Given what Hodges'actions indicate, I wouldn't want him around my African American students either
so what exactly do his actions indicate?

This is more than associating with students. It is funding free medical care through the Christ Health Center, it is rebuilding their community through funds from the COTH.

Chris grew up in a predominately black church in Louisiana. He has done more for the black community than any pastor of any color in Birmingham. He has the most racially diverse congregation and staff in the South. The left nut jobs have made it a crime to support the President of the USA. I didn't vote for Obama, but I also didn't throw an 8 year temper tantrum like the libs.

Btw, it's COULDN'T care less.

Um, no. Tim Tebow didn't sign Aaron Hernandez. They were both employed by Robert Kraft. Hodges and Matt Pitt collaborated. It's a perfectly applicable analogy. Chris Hodges and his church are prosperity gospel weirdos, and the fact Hodges saw Matt Pitt's behavior and was like "yeah this guy seems like exactly who should be mentoring young people," tells me everything I need to know.
Hodges disassociated with Matt Pitt YEARS AGO!

There’s a reason why Birmingham city has such a horrible education system and has for decades. Their concern isn’t for the best interest of the kids, it’s political payoffs to cronies and allies and trying to force a certain ideology on the students.

They talk about diversity but deny that diversity is different ideas, ways of thinking. Only their preferred ideology is allowed. That’s not education, that’s indoctrination

Um, no. Tim Tebow didn't sign Aaron Hernandez. They were both employed by Robert Kraft. Hodges and Matt Pitt collaborated. It's a perfectly applicable analogy. Chris Hodges and his church are prosperity gospel weirdos, and the fact Hodges saw Matt Pitt's behavior and was like "yeah this guy seems like exactly who should be mentoring young people," tells me everything I need to know.
Here's an idea. Instead of just making stuff up, why don't you actually listen to the messages then show me where Chris and the church are "prosperity gospel weirdos." Because I've been a member of Highlands for almost 10 years and I've never once heard that and certainly am not of that mind. Chris has preached on tithing and giving the first, which are biblical principles, but never from the idea of giving to get rich. To the contrary, COTH stands for giving and serving others to find your purpose in Christ, Not to earn your way to heaven or to build up riches, but to live a purposeful life of meaning. To leave a legacy of care and compassion for others as Christ did. If THAT'S what you mean by prosperity gospel then, well, you can count me in. But its not what you mean by that pejorative term and you know it. So I challenge you: here is a link to every message for the last 10 years. https://www.churchofthehighlands.com/media/series Go listen to them and tell me where there is evidence of COTH just being a bunch of "prosperity gospel weirdos." Cause I'd love sure love to know.

I'm not angry. Congrats on another false equivalency. You're good at them. I mean that's about all that you're good at so I guess everyone has to be good at something.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Random Sidewalk Fan
Look thare's a lotta folks da tthan COTH iz a "WHACK JOB" Operayshun. It ain't dat at all. I've dun been to wunna thare branches a coupla times.
Now, thare's an azzload of guys wit HAIR MOOOSE and SKINNY TAPERED JEEEENZ but datz ok. Hayul thoze guys probly wooodn't ware my CAMO TANK TOPS eeeetha.
HODGES iz a GIVER and I thank Birmingham iz making a mizztake heer and ultimately the KIDS will be the wunz at a loss heer.
But, hey, maybe the city will tern around and give them the money thay wuz gettin. WOODFIN iz a good dude.

Here's an idea. Instead of just making stuff up, why don't you actually listen to the messages then show me where Chris and the church are "prosperity gospel weirdos." Because I've been a member of Highlands for almost 10 years and I've never once heard that and certainly am not of that mind. Chris has preached on tithing and giving the first, which are biblical principles, but never from the idea of giving to get rich. To the contrary, COTH stands for giving and serving others to find your purpose in Christ, Not to earn your way to heaven or to build up riches, but to live a purposeful life of meaning. To leave a legacy of care and compassion for others as Christ did. If THAT'S what you mean by prosperity gospel then, well, you can count me in. But its not what you mean by that pejorative term and you know it. So I challenge you: here is a link to every message for the last 10 years. https://www.churchofthehighlands.com/media/series Go listen to them and tell me where there is evidence of COTH just being a bunch of "prosperity gospel weirdos." Cause I'd love sure love to know.
HECK, now I know why thay got so much "JACK!!!!!!!!!"
Yore azz iz a dayum memba.
BTW---The black girl that sangs iz abzaloootly REEEDONKYOULUZZZ GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: OGtiger77
Ill take it further. No church should EVER be allowed to hold services at *public* schools. And further, no church should ever be used as a polling place. Find somewhere else to hold your cult meetings and to have people vote.

where else are you going to put polling places? free open buildings are hard to come by for a whole day during the week brah.

I bet this is another "I dont know what the solution is but this isnt the way" scenarios.

Reactions: ricedp105
where else are you going to put polling places? free open buildings are hard to come by for a whole day during the week brah.

I bet this is another "I dont know what the solution is but this isnt the way" scenarios.
He can't help it, his skin burns if he steps foot on holy ground

Reactions: Jackson68
The only impact to COTH is they will take their money elsewhere. I'm not a member, and don't fall in with they're "prosperity" vision of the bible. The times I have been to one of their branches for a service I have seen one of the most diverse congregations of any church I have ever been in. Cancel culture is a slippery slope, B'Ham schools decision to turn down thousands of dollars in outside income because a pastor "liked" a few of Charlie Kirk's tweets.... seems in the long run to be a massive over reaction. All of us have liked/laughed at/said something that looking back with time and maturity we might wish to take back. I would hope and wish that anyone judging me takes in the entirety of my life and not one or two moments of poor choice. Chris Hodges, agree with his biblical teachings or not, has used his congregation to give back to cities in Alabama and overseas on missions, than many of us could possibly imagine.

It doesn't matter what you do, only what you say (or in this case, what you "like"). Didn't you know that? Whoever first coined the phrase "actions speak louder than words"...yeah, what an idiot.

Drew Brees has done as much for his community as any athlete ever has. I don't know Chris Hodges but sounds like he's given a lot of himself too. Doesn't matter, according to woke nation they're Klansmen.

Reactions: toothstd

He won’t listen because he hates Christians and thinks Christianity is a fairy tale imo

so much for tolerance

glad I don’t hate atheists or I’d be jumping all on @OneWing

Find somewhere else. It's an imposition upon non-religious people to have to abide the propaganda whilst they wait in line. It's subtle indoctrination and religious promotion, inter alia, by the state.

Could care less. He knew that his church could be impacted and he did it anyway. And Birmingham City Schools can use whatever criteria they like for who associates with their students. Given what Hodges'actions indicate, I wouldn't want him around my African American students either
Are you this dumb. The people they are helping will be the ones hurt not Birmingham and it’s idiot politicians. Are they going to go in and invest in those communities the way COH does? Is any black churches going to fill that void? The answer is NO. That pastor did nothing racist and has helped those communities with action not just running his mouth saying what he would do.

I seem to remember Hodges and a former heroin addict who hosted jam sessions for teenagers in his basement. I then seem to remember said addict having illegal lights and using his honorary sheriff's deputy badge to pull people over and claiming confusion.
Is that how you remember it?
Tell me more about that relationship. Was “the Basement” a COTH ministry? Did Pitt work at COTH? Was The Basement ministry still using COTH facilities for their monthly meetings when the incident you mentioned, took place?
What all do you remember? Don’t worry about offending me. I’m not a member of COTH and have no relationship with Hodges. I’m just interested in what you remember.

Reactions: NPORTTIGER
Ill take it further. No church should EVER be allowed to hold services at *public* schools. And further, no church should ever be used as a polling place. Find somewhere else to hold your cult meetings and to have people vote.
As usual, a classy post for sure. Let’s unpack this a bit. Why should this be?

Reactions: NPORTTIGER
Find somewhere else. It's an imposition upon non-religious people to have to abide the propaganda whilst they wait in line. It's subtle indoctrination and religious promotion, inter alia, by the state.

If you can't "abide the propaganda" for a few minutes then you are the biggest pussy in the history of the world. I'm not a big church guy either but it has never bothered me one bit to vote or attend weddings or funerals there.

Let me guess...yore best friend (if you have one) gets married in a church but you're too weak minded to attend. Same goes for a loved one's funeral. You come off as the weakest person I've ever encountered.

Is that how you remember it?
Tell me more about that relationship. Was “the Basement” a COTH ministry? Did Pitt work at COTH? Was The Basement ministry still using COTH facilities for their monthly meetings when the incident you mentioned, took place?
What all do you remember? Don’t worry about offending me. I’m not a member of COTH and have no relationship with Hodges. I’m just interested in what you remember.
I'm guessing he made that up like he made up the "prosperity gospel weirdos" comment.

If you can't "abide the propaganda" for a few minutes then you are the biggest pussy in the history of the world. I'm not a big church guy either but it has never bothered me one bit to vote or attend weddings or funerals there.

Let me guess...yore best friend (if you have one) gets married in a church but you're too weak minded to attend. Same goes for a loved one's funeral. You come off as the weakest person I've ever encountered.

Getting married at least historically has a connection to a religious connotation.

Voting, despite how much many of you would want it to be, does not, shall not and cannot.

Ability to abide propaganda and having to are two disparate circumstances.

The time of people 'sucking it up' and abiding things, and if you don't like it just ignore it, if you haven't figured that out, is over.

Reactions: kenews
I seem to remember Hodges and a former heroin addict who hosted jam sessions for teenagers in his basement. I then seem to remember said addict having illegal lights and using his honorary sheriff's deputy badge to pull people over and claiming confusion.

You are so right. He is guilty by association. Tar, feather, dox, mob rule, and Lynch him.

City of Bham loss! COTH has given so
much to the city and community. Ask Woodlawn area. COTH is a very diverse church. If you have listened to Chris Hodges preach - he preaches directly from the Bible. He made a mistake by liking a stupid tweet. Does that make him a racist if he disagrees with a political platform? Today I guess it does. This country and this media says they want open dialogue but that’s the big lie. If you say anything that does not agree with the leftist agenda you are immediately labeled a racist. I will stick up for Chris Hodges all day long. If you don’t agree with him you can refuse his message and all the support the COTH offers. Your loss.
BINGO!! COTH won't be hurt by this at all, they just enjoyed helping. Pitifully poor decision by the Bham folks...COTH has done and would have done WAY more for their organization than the flip, and that's how they would have wanted it.

Your willingness to regularly illustrate my point doesn’t go unnoticed. Class personified...

Your continuing to parrot this doesn't make it true. Me thinking you're a religious nut doesn't mean I don't have class. It just means I have an opinion.

subtle indoctrination is the playbook of the left through the media, hollywood, false flags, and on and on. If you don't understand that, it's not even worth debating this topic.

Getting married at least historically has a connection to a religious connotation.

Voting, despite how much many of you would want it to be, does not, shall not and cannot.

Ability to abide propaganda and having to are two disparate circumstances.

The time of people 'sucking it up' and abiding things, and if you don't like it just ignore it, if you haven't figured that out, is over.
You don't have to abide by it. Don't vote. That is simple. Having a polling booth anywhere is okay by me. Your way seems to be only have polling booths at places that put up propaganda I agree with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT