ADVERTISEMENT

Bunker, this is your lucky day. I'm gonna give you the best, easiest recipe I've created

Nash Tiger

Bunker Legend
Oct 29, 2004
to date.

My White Bean & Ham Soup is world class, but it is a long prep time and requires the remnants of a spiral cut ham to be done correctly (although you can buy country ham bits at the store and cut down on the salt. But, no legit ham stock. Anyhoo....)

NashTiger's 3-P Thai Chicken Fried Rice

This is incredibly easy to make , when you shop at Kroger and buy the ingredients I specify. It can be made with all fresh ingredients, but why? it's fried rice, it's hard to improve even marginally.

Ingrediments: (makes 3 dishes of 3-4 servings each)

resealable bag of Jasmine rice (yes, Jasmine, not just white.)
Peanut Oil
Kroger frozen diced chicken breast
Kroger frozen onion and 3 pepper medley
can of salted or lightly salted snack peanuts
Can of Pineapple Tidbits (not pineapple chunks, not crushed pineapple).
bottle of Panda Express Oyster Sauce (or other fish sauce)
Cayenne Pepper
Optional
* Green onions (recommend)
* Cilantro (strongly recommend)
* lime (recommend)
* fresh mango - can be subbed for or added to the pineapple, only if you know how to cut and prep a mango. If you want to make it fast, just go with pineapple. Fresh Mango slices also work really well as a garnish when serving plated. For a quick meal, I eat mine with a smartie mini-orange)

Prep time - 0, 5 mins if using mango
Cook time - 15 minutes.

In medium nonstick pot, heat 2 cups rice and 2+ cups water to a boil, cover and set aside.

In a large skillet, coat with 2-3 Tbsp of peanut oil and heat to medium-high. Add 6-8 oz of frozen diced chicken (1/3 of bag). Add 2/3 cup (1/3 bag) or frozen onions and bell peppers. Stir with wooden wok tool or nylon spatula , and cut larger pieces of bell pepper as they begin to thaw by pressing down on the middle. Stir in 1/4 - 1/3 cup peanuts, and 5-6 oz of pineapple (1/3 of 16oz can).

Check on rice, and if most water has been absorbed, dump into skillet on top of chicken, peanuts, pepper, pineapple. Turn down to medium. Add 3 or 4 Tbsp of Oyster sauce, stir and fold into rice mixture. Add cayenne pepper to taste (1-3 tsp). Chop the ends of green onions, add 1-2 heaping tsp. Turn off from heat, leave on warm eye. Add in chopped/ finger shredded cilantro to taste. Squeeze 1-2 lime wedges over skillet. Stir for a few minutes. Sprinkle a few cilantro leaves on top when ready to serve.

You'll be eating well 15 minutes after you walk into the kitchen

Thank me later

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News