ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS BRUCE PEARL QUICK QUOTES, 3-19-22

Jay G. Tate

IT'S A TRAP!
Staff
Jan 17, 2003
Montgomery, Ala.
On the win over JSU: "I'm sure they thought they had a chance based on what (they'd) seen. We were locked and loaded. We were very excited about playing."

On Miami: "We know they're a nightmare to guard. It's not something you see all the time. It's tough on a short prep."

On his birthday: He received two cakes. He only let the team serenade him once. "We worked last night until I feel asleep."

JAYLIN WILLIAMS PRACTICED TODAY. He passed concussion protocol. "He wasn't bothered by it in practice."

On Miami coach Jim Larrañaga: "He's been willing to change his systems based on his personnel. That's one of the marks of a great coach."

On Miami's team: "They're in a lot of games and they win a lot of games because of guard play."

On forcing turnovers: "We tried (against JSU), but we couldn't. We'll try against Miami and won't get much. They don't turn the ball over."

"We'll be OK on the boards."

"They don't have a great post-up game."

"They're good in transition; they're not out of control."

On Miami's defense: "They switch like crazy. They double the post. They're sunk into the paint; they're going to have it all packed in. They're going to force us to make some shots from the perimeter."

On Todd Golden getting the UF job: "That's in an absolutely, grand-slam hire. He's in that next generation of brilliant, young coaches. If you want to be great, you've got to bet on yourself. Jay (Jacobs) could vouch for his character. He's 10 points better than me. I hope I have 15 points more because of talent."

Ira Bowman has the scout for this game.

On Kessler's growth to now: "I'm so proud of Walker. He wants to win so badly because he doesn't want to disappoint his teammates ... his coaches ... his family. For him to have success ... and now be considered for the defensive player of the year just validates what I've known from the first time I laid eyes on him."

On Miami PG Charlie Moore: "He's a really, really special player. He reminds me of Wendell Green except four years old. Those little guys are the best players on the floor."

Question about the Stanford women's coach donating money toward the Ukraine relief effort. Long answer about Jewish history and life. "I'll up whatever they're offering to help the Ukrainan people survive that."

BURGO

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News