ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Bruce Pearl quick notes

Henry Patton

All-American
Staff
Apr 5, 2022
Dallas, TX
We're about to talk to Bruce Pearl as he previews the Tigers' charity match against Furman

• On the game against Furman: "We're going to find out a lot about ourselves in the next week."
  • Why Furman: "Bob Richie is a great offensive coach... they're one of the best teams in the SoCon... we'll be challenged."
  • Bruce Pearl mentioned that Miles Kelly has not practiced in the last week and a half due to an illness.
    Pearl is "hopeful" that they'll get him back next week.
  • On JP Pegues: "I thought JP had a really good summer. I thought he had a really good start to the fall and then for 2-3 weeks he had a bit of a struggle... the last 2-3 weeks he's been on point."
  • More on JP: "JP can score, he can really shoot the basketball... he's a smart player. He's a solid defender, he's worked hard on that."
  • Pearl said that they'll play JP and Denver Jones at point guard and they might mix in Tahaad Pettiford as well
  • Pearl said that they needed a game about two weeks ago
  • Pearl said that both Jahki Howard and Tahaad Pettiford will both play two positions. He said he doesn't like to do that but they're so talented that he needs to get them on the court
  • Pearl on the benefit of public exhibitions against D1 teams: "These games matter, too. I'm not going to be experimenting, I'm going to be doing everything I can to win these games."
  • Pearl basically said they won't get too high or low on these exhibitions and that they're focused on Vermont
  • Pearl mentioned that he had Chaney Johnson on the scout team to model North Carolina and that no one could guard him. He said that he'd like him to be that aggressive when playing for Auburn
That's all for BP

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.