ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Bruce Pearl quick notes

Henry Patton

All-American
Staff
Apr 5, 2022
Dallas, TX
We’re talking to BP right now. Refresh for updates.
- Can’t back off LSU from three
- There’s familiarity between the two programs as Auburn and McMahon have faced off before when he was at Murray.
- Says Offensively they’ve got “weapons.” They’ve got guys that can “dribble and shoot.”
- On KJ Williams being a stretch big: “It’ll make all of the things they can do offensively better because you have to guard the perimeter.”
- On WGJ: “He’s one of our best players and one of the best players in the league.” Pearl described Green as “locked in.”
- Mentioned that it’s important that all of Auburn’s guards continue to play better. Mentioned that he thought Zep and K.D. were “solid” on both ends.
- Said that Tre needs to continue to improve behind WGJ
- On Lior: “He’s the other teams best player everyday in practice. He’s kept his game sharp because we’ve needed him in practice. He’s been ready when we’ve needed him in the rotation… what a blessing to have a player like Lior, a guy that can come off the bench when needed.”
- Chris Moore will travel will travel with the team.
- AP poll streak: “I’m proud of this team to have been able to put themselves in position to make history. Real history is made in March and not January, but it’s still significant. It sends a message to fans and prospects that this isn’t a flash in a pan. This is a top 25 program.”
- On Walker: “I’m happy for him and not terribly surprised… he’s got great hands, such incredible length and athleticism… Danny Ainge has proven to be one of the best GMS in the nba with what he’s done in Boston and Utah. It’s fun to see Walker play with even more confidence than he did here. He belongs.”
- Mentioned that they showed Walker a lot of Lauri Markkanen when they were recruiting him and now he’s playing with him.
- Also talked about how it was fun seeing Lebron and Jabari talk and then seeing Bron and Bari Sr. talk to each other.
- KT and FAU top 25: “I’m happy for one of my former assistants.”
- Struggled to finish: “We’ll get that fixed.”

That’s all for BP

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News