ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Pearl Father/Son Camp

SloppyMexican

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT
Nov 27, 2017
Returned home last night after sitting in traffic on 285 yesterday for two hours because some idiot was flashing people. Anyway, the camp was really great. Took my 10 year old and he had an absolute blast, as did I.

As expected, Coach Pruitt and his staff ran most of the camp, which was well organized and well designed considering mostly younger boys and their dads. We got to see all of the bball facilities and had great access to the coaches and a few players. Bruce was very cool and made himself completely available throughout for idle conversation, pics, autographs, etc.

Coolest part for me was seeing former players like Mamadou with his son at the camp. He and I were at AU at the same time and ended up on the same team, so got to know him and his son. He's an even better guy in person than I already knew he was. We also heard Tim Horton speak and he gave us some great inspiration, and also some inside info at the RB position.

BBall notes: Bruce has very high expectations for this team, as in a deep NCAA run type expectations. Anfernee was at camp and after speaking with him, there is no doubt he's going to be 100% back next season. He said he was already doing everything but full contact scrimmages. This is going to be a special season if the chips fall where they should.

As for the camp, I'm sore as hell this morning but it was totally worth it. If you have a young son, I can't recommend this camp enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.